Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

"Eye Of The Beast" Returning for Hunters

In a recent interview Ion confirmed that the ability "Eye Of The Beast" will probably make a return in BfA. So that's pretty neat!
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=291...nd-calie-schie

Uhm, yes please! That news came out of left field. But hell yeah, it would be great to have this ability back - hunters rejoice!

Makes me think what other abilities could make a return...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Probably the ability I’ve missed the most since wrath it coming back is long over due.

Not very useful but very fun. Make sure everyone pretends it’s not fun or they’ll take it away again..

if nothing else, the ability allowed for some cool rp stuff. i'm glad they decided to bring it back. i used to use it to test pull mobs (without pulling others) to see how hard they hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    can they bring back quivers too? Maybe pet talents, pet uniqueness, aspects... or just about everything you stripped away from hunters over the expansions?
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-18 at 07:51 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

now we just need them to bring back fun hunter specs

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    now we just need them to bring back fun hunter specs
    I miss Wrath MM.

I just don't get people. why in hell you want that back. it was useless. only 1 time I used, no nvm that was just send pet and let it die to pull some pack in bear runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    I just don't get people. why in hell you want that back. it was useless. only 1 time I used, no nvm that was just send pet and let it die to pull some pack in bear runs.
    this ^
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    who the fuck cares if it's useless? we need more abilities, even if they don't really do anything.

was so glad to hear this though. i still have to wonder why the fuck it was so impossible before?

Kinda bums me out that it took them basically being forced to go back to Classic to bring it back, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Eyes of the Beast is tied with Symbiosis for the two spells I was saddest to see go, so I'm happy about it. I loved the spell and it has a surprisingly high amount of practical use in a gameplay environment, like pulling individual enemies or scouting for FCs in WSG. The fact that they ever thought it was the correct choice to just scrap it because "hurdur not a damage ability" is exactly why the game has gone to shit to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The fact that they ever thought it was the correct choice to just scrap it because "hurdur not a damage ability" is exactly why the game has gone to shit to begin with.
    That's not why they scrapped it. It was removed because its implementation (code-wise) was not compatible with Cataclysm's engine changes and it would have been a non-negligible amount of work to remake it. It does suck that they couldn't find the time but game development in general, especially at Blizzard, is very rushed. Now that we have Classic using the modern engine they had to remake Eyes of the Beast anyway, and since it's the same engine as retail they can easily port it over.

Also, there are many other far more important things that are making people not like the game.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2019-05-20 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    That's not why they scrapped it. It was removed because its implementation (code-wise) was not compatible with Cataclysm's engine changes and it would have been a non-negligible amount of work to remake it. It does suck that they couldn't find the time but game development in general, especially at Blizzard, is very rushed. Now that we have Classic using the modern engine they had to remake Eyes of the Beast anyway, and since it's the same engine as retail they can easily port it over.
    My point was more that they saw a really iconic class ability as expendable because of a coding problem. I know their justification, but if it was anything more useful they probably would've taken time to make sure it worked. Just being a flavor ability meant that it was easy to chop the moment it became a mild nuisance for the developers.

Also, there are many other far more important things that are making people not like the game.
    Of course there are, but tiny stuff like this slowly being chipped away from the game is a big reason people suddenly look at their bars in Legion and BfA and think "wait, where the hell did all the fun stuff go?"

It's not the disease but it's definitely a symptom.

Yay, an ability I can remember using maybe once in a legitimate scenario.
    Depending on how it’s brought back I guess I can see it being a shitty version of skipping mobs in m+ in case you don’t happen to have a Rogue or invis pots. Maybe a 2nd skip if necessary, but again depends on if it puts you in combat or not.
    I did have fun doing it once in a while if I was sitting in town waiting for a group that happened to be LF1M dps.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-05-21 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yay, an ability I can remember using maybe once in a legitimate scenario.
    Depending on how it’s brought back I guess I can see it being a shitty version of skipping mobs in m+ in case you don’t happen to have a Rogue or invis pots. Maybe a 2nd skip if necessary, but again depends on if it puts you in combat or not.
    I did have fun doing it once in a while if I was sitting in town waiting for a group that happened to be LF1M dps.
    not everything in the game needs to cater to meta shit like m+ or raiding

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    not everything in the game needs to cater to meta shit like m+ or raiding
    Never said it does, I stated that I could see it used in those scenarios as an example of using it for something useful. I even went on to show an example of using it just to kill time.
    Eagle Eye is still in the game, do you see me hating on that even though I could point out the only time I’ve ever found it useful is in EotS or AB when my team is behind to scope out a potential back cap, and even then it’s barely useful as there are others (Rogues) who do that or team fights for it.

what we need in this game is a whole goddamned spellbook of purely rp abilities and spells.

they wouldn't do anything in actual gameplay, but look and do cool shit. a fire ball that you can cast at someone, but it does no damage. a big arcane ritual with pretty runes and swirling magic, that you channel for a super long period of time. fel ritual for warlocks, whatever.

Wake me up when Blizzard gives us Tranq Shot, or hell TBC Arcane Shot with built in purge.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Wake me up when Blizzard gives us Tranq Shot, or hell TBC Arcane Shot with built in purge.
    Distracting Shot. Really miss that one. Great solo tool as well as beneficial for kiting in groups. Was also fun trolling people doing world mobs. Pet taunt, person taunts it back, distracting shot with taunt on cd.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-05-21 at 06:07 PM.