Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The only "hostilities" I see between the two are either retail people wanting to bring garbage changes that were made later into classic or classic people spouting about how retail will die once classic goes live and how classic will have far more sub numbers.

    Both groups are idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    when i learned anythin from mmo-c then it is that shit is only bad when the horde does it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

  2. #42
    Is there still a "retail crowd"?

    BFA is the most hated expansion. WoD is the second most. Legion was well liked in its time but retrospectively very flawed, and those flaws have come out in BFA. I don't know but it seems to me like retail is in a massive decline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Is there still a "retail crowd"?
    yes

    I don't know but it seems to me like retail is in a massive decline.
    be in a city, it's crawling with people.
    go out to do a world quest, it's crawling with people.
    do dungeons, there's hordes of people outside summoning others and there's normally a large and robust list of group postings in the in-game interface.
    queue times for both LFD and LFR are pretty reasonable, even late at night getting into a raid takes less time than it has years.

    if retail is in decline i can't conceive of what an inline is, because it feels quite populated.

  4. #44
    Warchief Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    2,100
    I have opinions about free stuff!
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You think that because you don't like what they like.

    It's pretty simple to see people taking side, and why they do that. I find the classic community to be way more aggresive than retail crowd, then again vanilla wow was slow af, so I am, like you and others very biased when it comes to this.

    Whos most toxic? It's usually the ones you don't agree with.
    Yeah, it sure is a hassle to see people wanting to discuss Classic in the Classic section, it's so obnoxious to have them defend their game when I come to the Classic section to tell them why they are wrong in what they believe.
    They don't actually like the game, no one does, the game didn't get over 2 million players when it launched and the moonlanding was fake.

    I'm not a part of either camp, though you assuredly assumed so because that's what people like you do.
    I'm not subbed to retail WoW and I didn't care that much when Classic was announced. Sure I'll play it because I enjoy retro-gaming in general, I still bust out Ocarina of Time on occasion because I enjoy it.

    However, there's a vast difference between a group of people saying "this version of the game will trump the other versions" and a group of people saying "classic is trash and your opinion is wrong".
    Arguing that a certain version will trump a different version can be debated. You can look at it from different perspectives and find areas you can discuss whether or not it has the merits to actually be better than the other version.
    Whereas the other argument is just people being obtuse for no fucking reason and decided that they'll venture into a specific subsection of a forum JUST to tell them that they're wrong.

    Trust me, there's a fucking clear indicator of which side is more toxic.
    Small hint, it's the one that continually shitposts in a subsection of a forum they don't belong in at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    yes


    be in a city, it's crawling with people.
    go out to do a world quest, it's crawling with people.
    do dungeons, there's hordes of people outside summoning others and there's normally a large and robust list of group postings in the in-game interface.
    queue times for both LFD and LFR are pretty reasonable, even late at night getting into a raid takes less time than it has years.

    if retail is in decline i can't conceive of what an inline is, because it feels quite populated.
    An "incline" would be the spike from 2 million up to 12 million over two expansions.
    The "decline" would be the fact that we're realistically at around 3.5 - 4 million subscribers now.

  6. #46
    It is pretty sad to say how hostile the classic fans are. I played Classic. And I found it way too time consuming to make any form of progression. I love how WoW is now. Of course some changes can be made, BUT I enjoy it. And with the busy lifestyle I lead, I find that if I put enough effort into the game, I can see and obtain a lot (still needs hard work!). Now this is where the attacks happen. As soon as I posted this up on a classic WoW video youtube comment, ooh did the attacks come HARD. I was told to die. Was told that they hope I get cancer. Like wow.....OBVIOUSLY not ALL are like this, but I was honestly mortified why did I get so much hate for liking WoW now.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    People these days are addicted to their tribalism
    What do you mean by "these days"? Entire human history? ;D

  8. #48
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What do you mean by "these days"? Entire human history? ;D
    Touche

    /10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

  9. #49
    Warchief Themerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the empty cookie jar.
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by eleccyburner View Post
    eat my asshole and die of herpes you black cunt.
    Banned?!

    /wave
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Yeah, it sure is a hassle to see people wanting to discuss Classic in the Classic section, it's so obnoxious to have them defend their game when I come to the Classic section to tell them why they are wrong in what they believe.
    They don't actually like the game, no one does, the game didn't get over 2 million players when it launched and the moonlanding was fake.

    I'm not a part of either camp, though you assuredly assumed so because that's what people like you do.
    I'm not subbed to retail WoW and I didn't care that much when Classic was announced. Sure I'll play it because I enjoy retro-gaming in general, I still bust out Ocarina of Time on occasion because I enjoy it.

    Trust me, there's a fucking clear indicator of which side is more toxic.
    Small hint, it's the one that continually shitposts in a subsection of a forum they don't belong in at all.
    You are right. It's those who post in the general retail subsection on how retail is garbage when they haven't played the game for years and yell how classic will kill retail WoW. Thanks for the hint, though next time give me a real one.

    And I am not assuming anything. I have discussed with you on how retail wasn't good before. If I didn't know, I wouldn't have said that to you. And yes, it's a general statement, but you take it as you like.

    However, there's a vast difference between a group of people saying "this version of the game will trump the other versions" and a group of people saying "classic is trash and your opinion is wrong".
    Arguing that a certain version will trump a different version can be debated. You can look at it from different perspectives and find areas you can discuss whether or not it has the merits to actually be better than the other version.
    Whereas the other argument is just people being obtuse for no fucking reason and decided that they'll venture into a specific subsection of a forum JUST to tell them that they're wrong.
    Both sides says that. You are obviously taking a side here. When classic players are "insulting" that's okay because of one of 10 "insults" is debateable. While the other side are obtuse for no fucking reason.

    I find classic fans being a bit more toxic, or condenscending towards those who like retail than the opposite, but both sides are very close when it comes to this.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-05-18 at 03:27 PM.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

    Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    An "incline" would be the spike from 2 million up to 12 million over two expansions.
    The "decline" would be the fact that we're realistically at around 3.5 - 4 million subscribers now.
    in an abstract, yes - but that's saying if you went from having 12 million dollars to having 3.5 - 4 million dollars, you're now poor.

    i mean don't get me wrong, i'm not arguing that sub numbers are less than they were, but actually playing the game... you see people all over the place, it's not like the game world feels isolated. sure, maybe now it's the party at 1am instead of the party at 10pm, but unless you're judging it only in the most extremes in terms of sub numbers, asking if there is even a "retail crowd" as if nobody is playing is rather silly.

  12. #52
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    It is pretty sad to say how hostile the classic fans are. I played Classic. And I found it way too time consuming to make any form of progression. I love how WoW is now. Of course some changes can be made, BUT I enjoy it. And with the busy lifestyle I lead, I find that if I put enough effort into the game, I can see and obtain a lot (still needs hard work!). Now this is where the attacks happen. As soon as I posted this up on a classic WoW video youtube comment, ooh did the attacks come HARD. I was told to die. Was told that they hope I get cancer. Like wow.....OBVIOUSLY not ALL are like this, but I was honestly mortified why did I get so much hate for liking WoW now.
    It's mainly because the Vanilla playerbase/movement has been getting ridiculed and abused since 2010, and now when they're finally getting a server, they're now getting abused in their own forum subsection BECAUSE they're getting a server.

    It's not that "Classic fans" are hostile, they're just tired of hearing "you think you do but you don't" at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    in an abstract, yes - but that's saying if you went from having 12 million dollars to having 3.5 - 4 million dollars, you're now poor.

    i mean don't get me wrong, i'm not arguing that sub numbers are less than they were, but actually playing the game... you see people all over the place, it's not like the game world feels isolated. sure, maybe now it's the party at 1am instead of the party at 10pm, but unless you're judging it only in the most extremes in terms of sub numbers, asking if there is even a "retail crowd" as if nobody is playing is rather silly.
    Of course, by comparison, it's still the most successful MMO.
    But I wouldn't say that it's exactly crowded, a few of my friends still play on one of the largest EU servers and there's at most around 15 - 20 people in the city during the evenings, and finding people doing WQ's that aren't emissary or high reward is basically non-existant. Contrast that to WotLK where your computer would effectively die when zoning into Dalaran because it was rendering several hundreds of players.

    Also I'm not the person you were quoting in the first place, but he was correct in his statement nonetheless.
    Retail is in a massive decline and has been since WoD.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2019-05-18 at 03:32 PM.

  13. #53
    High Overlord Fiacla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Banned?!

    /wave
    It's a user who is a frequent poster on mmo-c I presume, eleccybubb (similar name), using a new account perhaps? Not sure though.

    Either way it's quite sad.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    However, I can't be the only one to have noticed the massive increase in hostilities between the retail and classic crowd? You have both sides creating pejorative terms to describe the others, such as "retail babies" or "nostalgia purists".

    So I suppose my question and the point of this thread is to ask how do you predict this will all turn out?
    I think some will enjoy playing Classic. And others will enjoy playing the current retail game. And both will continue flinging insults at each others, because that's kinda how the Internet works. These two things must be mutually exclusive. And people must spend hours correcting others on the Internet. Because we can't have people who are wrong on the Internet.

    Treating the entire playerbase (and everyone who has ever played WoW) as a one homogeneous "community" seems like a brave step, but if you want to do that, I'm certainly not going to stop you from worrying about "fracturing". It fractures in all kinds of ways.

  15. #55
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    I think some will enjoy playing Classic. And others will enjoy playing the current retail game. And both will continue flinging insults at each others, because that's kinda how the Internet works. These two things must be mutually exclusive. And people must spend hours correcting others on the Internet. Because we can't have people who are wrong on the Internet.

    Treating the entire playerbase (and everyone who has ever played WoW) as a one homogeneous "community" seems like a brave step, but if you want to do that, I'm certainly not going to stop you from worrying about "fracturing". It fractures in all kinds of ways.
    It's not even people who are wrong, it's two camps of idiots trying to somehow convince the other that their personal opinion is the only "right".
    It's a gigantic shitfest at best and should be just ignored outright because it will never stop, it'll just erode your sanity.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    I predict that most people actually want more then 3 abilities on there bar
    This is correct. This is exactly the reason that retail WoW is pruned garbage
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

  17. #57
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You are right. It's those who post in the general retail subsection on how retail is garbage when they haven't played the game for years and yell how classic will kill retail WoW. Thanks for the hint, though next time give me a real one.

    And I am not assuming anything. I have discussed with you on how retail wasn't good before. If I didn't know, I wouldn't have said that to you. And yes, it's a general statement, but you take it as you like.
    I frequent both sections and I have yet to find anyone being as obtrusive and abrasive as certain individuals in the Classic section.
    There's a select 5 or so names that I see in every single Classic thread being made, and it's always the same type of post in the same broken English.

    Secondly, you are assuming.
    Yes, I am not a fan of the current game design, but I couldn't care less that others enjoy it.
    People can enjoy what they want, even if I personally don't. You're somehow assuming that just because I've stated that I dislike the product, that it must mean I'm one of those that dislike the people who enjoy the product.
    They're not mutually fucking exclusive my friend, I'm allowed to dislike a product without disliking the playerbase.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Both sides says that. You are obviously taking a side here. When classic players are "insulting" that's okay because of one of 10 "insults" is debateable. While the other side are obtuse for no fucking reason.

    I find classic fans being a bit more toxic, or condenscending towards those who like retail than the opposite, but both sides are very close when it comes to this.
    Yes, because one side is actively toxic and demeaning to people in a subsection they don't belong in, while the other is demeaning to a product.
    One of those things has emotions, the other doesn't.
    As said before, and sure while this could be argued as "anecdotal evidence", MMO Champ doesn't really have a mass-post tracker to reliably use anything but my own experience alas, but I've seen a lot more intensely toxic shit on the Classic subsection than the General subsection and that's with me lurking in the General section more than anything else on here.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I frequent both sections and I have yet to find anyone being as obtrusive and abrasive as certain individuals in the Classic section.
    There's a select 5 or so names that I see in every single Classic thread being made, and it's always the same type of post in the same broken English.

    Secondly, you are assuming.
    Yes, I am not a fan of the current game design, but I couldn't care less that others enjoy it.
    People can enjoy what they want, even if I personally don't. You're somehow assuming that just because I've stated that I dislike the product, that it must mean I'm one of those that dislike the people who enjoy the product.
    They're not mutually fucking exclusive my friend, I'm allowed to dislike a product without disliking the playerbase.



    Yes, because one side is actively toxic and demeaning to people in a subsection they don't belong in, while the other is demeaning to a product.
    One of those things has emotions, the other doesn't.
    As said before, and sure while this could be argued as "anecdotal evidence", MMO Champ doesn't really have a mass-post tracker to reliably use anything but my own experience alas, but I've seen a lot more intensely toxic shit on the Classic subsection than the General subsection and that's with me lurking in the General section more than anything else on here.
    Think we might read different threads then, either way me and you won't agree anyway. What we might agree on that both sides got people who can't see opinions for what it is, opinions.

    Assuming, as in, I know what you feel about current game isn't assuming. You are taking a side. Don't pretend otherwise.
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

    Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

  19. #59
    Let me tell you the tale of the day the bads came...

    WoW used to have balance... casuals did their own thing with a rich end game. Raiders raided and pvpers pvped. Yet in this paradise existed a wicked and hateful creature named "the bad".

    The bads had no friends no community they existed in a state of endless envy and so when wrath launched the bads attacked... At first it was dungeons they demanded a mode just for them where everyone had to carry them. So kick protection was put in place. The problem though is a bad has a hole where its heart should be and forever hungers..

    Once they had dungeons they demanded world content be made easier and so elites were banished, then from there heroics where turned into wel fare loot runs it was only at the end of cata with the entire world of warcraft bent the knee to the bads and lfr was made.

    Now we see the end of wow. A game designed to those who can either grind endless in order to give the bads a sense of progression in their challenge less game as the raiders slowly die off.

    I imagine with classic the same struggle will start again.

  20. #60
    Pandaren Monk Gungnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nifelheim
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Think we might read different threads then, either way me and you won't agree anyway. What we might agree on that both sides got people who can't see opinions for what it is, opinions.
    We do agree on the fact that either side of the camp is mutually retarded, I've never argued against that.
    The only thing I ever did was state which side of the argument I personally found to be more abrasive due to what that argument entailed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Assuming, as in, I know what you feel about current game isn't assuming. You are taking a side. Don't pretend otherwise.
    Except you never said that, you definitely assumed since you specifically used the words "You think that because you don't like what they like" whereas that's quite false.
    It could've been a discussion regarding pears versus apples and I still would've chimed in if I felt like one of the sides are actively more toxic in how they word their "discussions". That doesn't mean that I endorse either fruit or product, just that I felt like one side was being disproportionally retarded in a very blatant way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •