Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hardly surprising.

i wonder what this anti-bullying group thinks about picking teams in PT class. thats some real world bullying right there i tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "toxic" is just newspeak used to further push the censorship encroaching in western culture into gaming.

don't buy into that bullshit. troll hard, enjoy the rage you induce in others, and keep playing games how you want to.
    I mean, it's your choice if you want to be a person that enjoys inflicting distress on other people for your own amusement, go for it!
    But I think most normal and empathetic humans would like to have less of that in their games .

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Is being called a noob bullying now?
    very likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not even here half a year and already changing username
    Good catch... *chuckle*

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Who gives a shit. Stop being bullied. Bullies go away. Teach kids thick skin.

If you can't handle the bants then get off the internet.

If they haven't figured out ignore/report features of the game they are playing then I have zero sympathy for them. If the game they play has none of those features, then they are just asking for it if they continue to play it.
    Plenty of other games out there.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    ... Online gaming has become a cesspool of toxicity ...

Become? It always has been.

And this is definitely more like 100%, not 30%, by our current standards of what is bullying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

But... be best!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I would argue its a good thing. People need to be competitive and get into people's faces now and again.

You only get bullied if you are garbage at the game.
    Gitgud

Cyber bullying is the dumbest thing I've ever heard about. Just put the person on ignore or tell them to go fuck themselves. Dealing with bullying in the real world is much tougher than this online shit.

"Nearly a third of teens bullied" was accurate.

People get bullied. Offline. Online. Online bullying may prove the Greater Fuckwad Theory but it's not like lack of anonymity stopped bullying. It's the idea that kids are "just being kids" that allows this to go on and spread from IRL to online and into adulthood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Become? It always has been.

And this is definitely more like 100%, not 30%, by our current standards of what is bullying.
    Hell, by modern standards they were probably raped and hate crimed too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    to freezing out players who don't do well.
    So not wanting to play with people who are bad and are likely to cost you the game is bullying? This right here is the problem with the world, people are allowed to want to win and compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    So not wanting to play with people who are bad and are likely to cost you the game is bullying? This right here is the problem with the world, people are allowed to want to win and compete.
    But in competitive games, bad is relative. And removing the person responsible for causing you to lose on your team, means *someone else* is responsible for the team losing (Either yours or theirs).

I agree that there are extremes, where people lose on purpose or have basically no grasp of the game, but fundamentally SOMEONE MUST be the worst player. And if the worst player is up against the best, even if all the players are similar in skill, that will make the player look much worse than they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

You are safe from the bully behind a computer

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Nowadays , kids / young people have objectively weaker self-constitutions and can 't handle things like this ... can 't handle peer pressure , criticism , bullying , or anything a long these lines
    How do you mean? Do they instantly implode or disintegrate when someone bullies them?

If not and they keep on surviving through it they're handling it just fine and the same as everyone else.
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

I don’t get all the sadist saying bullying is good no study shows this yet people say this because they believe it?

Being bullied is what allowed me to eventually become an alpha instead of living a beta life. Punch the bully in the mouth or accept your fate. It is ok, some people are needed to serve. It isn't even hard.. keyboard warrior away at me or play the "no look at you" game. Its forum life 101.