Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    THey said there wont be a pet/mount shop specifically, sot it means other services including token will be implemented sure as hell.
    Token most likely not.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes to server transfer, not to race change, especially if you can change your name while you are at it. Or you will have credit card warriors ninjaing loot and getting away with it, since community won't be able to do shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

How much will the flying mounts cost in the shop?

I wouldn't mind race changes honestly.
    Nice to be able to switch things up.

Indeed. Just pay to get your way.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Token most likely not.
    Nobody on Classic could afford a token anyway.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nobody on Classic could afford a token anyway.
    Indeed not. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

THey said there wont be a pet/mount shop specifically, sot it means other services including token will be implemented sure as hell.
    Try and read what he actually said instead of claiming something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    It kinda does... if your a bastard being able to get a fresh start without rolling back from level 1 isnt something that existed in classic and this change actively harms the communities ability to black list problem players.
    Considering that before paid server transfers there were overpopulated transfers that let douchebags escape to other realms, what does it matter? Some of the 'blacklisted' people would make a level 1 on the realm they were going to and made the same name as their current character and then take the free server transfer and change their name. Poof, blacklisted be gone. Later on in Vanilla there were paid escapes and it was another way for people to continue to escape blacklists.

So you are totally wrong, there were FREE ways to escape blacklists and later on in Vanilla (guess what this is a 1.12 realm) to pay to leave your realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with their idea about pristine servers they specifically said that tokens would not be a part of it. Believe what you like, there's not been anything to suggest that tokens are going to be available within Classic. If you want a token, play the other game and get them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have no doubt players will eventually demand server transfers in particular as certain servers swell or die down in popularity.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powerogue View Post
    i have no doubt players will eventually demand server transfers in particular as certain servers swell or die down in popularity.
    blackrock is full, gtfo!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Considering that before paid server transfers there were overpopulated transfers that let douchebags escape to other realms, what does it matter? Some of the 'blacklisted' people would make a level 1 on the realm they were going to and made the same name as their current character and then take the free server transfer and change their name. Poof, blacklisted be gone. Later on in Vanilla there were paid escapes and it was another way for people to continue to escape blacklists.

So you are totally wrong, there were FREE ways to escape blacklists and later on in Vanilla (guess what this is a 1.12 realm) to pay to leave your realm.
    Being sentenced to a dead realm isn't much of a free fresh start.

Being sentenced to a dead realm isn't much of a free fresh start.
    Is it or is not an escape for people that were blacklisted? And not all of the transfers were garbage though some of them were to dead realms that stayed quite dead. I was just happy to avoid a 1,000+ queue every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Is it or is not an escape for people that were blacklisted? And not all of the transfers were garbage though some of them were to dead realms that stayed quite dead. I was just happy to avoid a 1,000+ queue every night.
    Assuming they were trying to raid it would be a end of progression move...

He might've misspoken that.

But tbh I don't care if they add race changes or whatever. I don't see how this would have any negative effect on the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I have no doubt players will eventually demand server transfers in particular as certain servers swell or die down in popularity.
    didn't they say there was going to be sharding, or was that only for the first couple months?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I'm fine with a lot of these quality of life changes.
    Classic was a time when you were your character. You lived and died by your reputation, and a negative reputation would get you just as ignored as a positive reputation would almost guarantee a net positive when looking for groups.

To have the ability to pay to get away from your reputation was a big step down towards the anonymity / non-community of this game. It was a step in which you were no longer held accountable by your actions; you just paid Blizzard a few dollars and wipe your slate completely clean.

In other words, these things were not quality of life changes, they were ways to negate poor behavior and dodge the only reason that some people were decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Classic was a time when you were your character. You lived and died by your reputation, and a negative reputation would get you just as ignored as a positive reputation would almost guarantee a net positive when looking for groups.

To have the ability to pay to get away from your reputation was a big step down towards the anonymity / non-community of this game. It was a step in which you were no longer held accountable by your actions; you just paid Blizzard a few dollars and wipe your slate completely clean.

In other words, these things were not quality of life changes, they were ways to negate poor behavior and dodge the only reason that some people were decent.
    And not every server was a fantasyland where you "lived and died by your reputation". Some people got well known for being thieving assholes and STILL managed to continually do it. And on top of that, too fucking bad, server transfers and later paid server transfers were both parts of Vanilla, so they should be part of Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    xDlate: "Are you going to implement in-game shop or things like that?"

Ion Hazzikostas: "Definitely not at launch. We may down the line if it's something that players want. When we say the shop I mean specifically only the services that were available in the original Classic period. Things like server transfers and race changes were available later in Classic. I could see a world in--let's say a year into Classic--as realms have become mature where a player wants to transfer to a different server to join a guild there to play with their friends, and they want us to provide a way that can make it happen. That's the sort of things we would do but no pets and mounts for sale or anything like that."

wowhead.com/news=291757/xdlate-wow-classic-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-calie-schie

Wth???

Race changes were implemented in wotlk! Server transfers were in but it had a 6 month cd.
    not everyone has encylopedic knowlege, im sure he got home saw "oh server transfers were but race changed were not, i forgot that"

it happens, do you think these guys go to interviews with the wow wiki open?

cause they dot know what they are going to get asked, so theuy have to go off memory

- - - Updated - - -

It kinda does... if your a bastard being able to get a fresh start without rolling back from level 1 isnt something that existed in classic and this change actively harms the communities ability to black list problem players.
    race changing wonjt suddenly change their name
    "oh there was that guy lostitsway but they were a night elf... this guy is a dwarf with the exact same gear... that must not be them."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    didn't they say there was going to be sharding, or was that only for the first couple months?
    sharding for 1 month, to make it actuallty work
    then they decided to change their mind and do layering which is even better for vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    He might've misspoken that.

But tbh I don't care if they add race changes or whatever. I don't see how this would have any negative effect on the experience.
    it happens to the best of us, hwell fucking hiru has a script AND HES FUCKING READING FROM IT and he still says "transmog was added in mists of pandaria"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-05-19 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content