Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    From my personal observations the Chinese tend to have less kids than the Somalis or Muslims. So if a Chinese family takes the spot of some somali/muslim family then I’m ok with it.
    illuminati all over my body

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    "Citizenship" seems kind of outdated for 2019.

Not really, if paying taxes I want it to go towards helping my nation or fellow citizens, not towards helping some random stranger in some random nation or someone that simply isn't a legal Citizen.

if they can get support and hand outs and not do a darn thing to help themselves (Exceptions applied to Citizens who are unable to work, such as disabled) they why should I be expected to work to support such people via my taxes? Again, I'm more than happy to support my fellow citizens, because I do that with the assurance they are down on their luck and will one day work as well, I'm investing in their future to ensure my Future and my nation future, a person who is not a Citizen is not "Loyal" to this nation (This nation can refer to any nation on this planet, be it America, Canada, Britain, Germany and so on) if they become a citizen, then I will treat them like all other citizens, but that depends on my nation are accepting the people that are there to ensure our nation future.

immigrants that become citizens purely for handouts and never to work, are not welcomed, and I pay my taxes to also ensure such people are never allowed to enter, I want the ones that will work hard for themselves, the nation and for our collective future as a citizens of this country.

so no, it's not Outdated, and I went on a tangent to explain that, mostly likely all rubbish.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    Why would you go to Canada when its easier to have your child be born in the US? Its much closer, cheaper and you dont even need a visa. That ad is full of bs.
    It's only cheaper because we, the tax payers, cover a portion of medical expenses through taxes. I think what really annoys people the most is that foreigners aren't being charged for the same medical services that you can get in the USA for a birth at the same rate because our publicly funded healthcare prevents hospitals from being for profit. Which is ridiculous, because visitors to this country aren't tax payers, they aren't citizens, the hospitals should be able to charge whatever they please. Then they can just ding the Chinese the same rates as the Americans do and that little problem gets solved because we can no longer be marketed as "cheaper than America" for the same medical care of giving birth to a child.

Also, jus soli can go die in a fire, it's an obsolete law that has no relevance on the modern day Canadian immigration system. Citizenship and residency are things that are earned if you are an immigrant, not something that should be given by birthright to the children of non-citizens or non-residents, especially if their parents choose not to raise their kids here.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2019-05-18 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Not really, if paying taxes I want it to go towards helping my nation or fellow citizens, not towards helping some random stranger in some random nation or someone that simply isn't a legal Citizen.

if they can get support and hand outs and not do a darn thing to help themselves (Exceptions applied to Citizens who are unable to work, such as disabled) they why should I be expected to work to support such people via my taxes? Again, I'm more than happy to support my fellow citizens, because I do that with the assurance they are down on their luck and will one day work as well, I'm investing in their future to ensure my Future and my nation future, a person who is not a Citizen is not "Loyal" to this nation (This nation can refer to any nation on this planet, be it America, Canada, Britain, Germany and so on) if they become a citizen, then I will treat them like all other citizens, but that depends on my nation are accepting the people that are there to ensure our nation future.

immigrants that become citizens purely for handouts and never to work, are not welcomed, and I pay my taxes to also ensure such people are never allowed to enter, I want the ones that will work hard for themselves, the nation and for our collective future as a citizens of this country.

so no, it's not Outdated, and I went on a tangent to explain that, mostly likely all rubbish.
    Everyone, not just citizens, pay taxes.

Overplayed a bit, but could become a problem in the future maybe.

That being said a child born in any country to someone who is just visiting and not undergoing the immigration process shouldn't be a Canadian citizen automatically, it should be a citizen of the country of origin. Afterall if people aren't using this tourist citizenship loophole surely avoiding any possible issues gaining your child his citizenship in the country he is actually going to live in is a better rule?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Also, jus soli can go die in a fire, it's an obsolete law that has no relevance on the modern day Canadian immigration system. Citizenship and residency are things that are earned if you are an immigrant, not something that should be given by birthright to the children of non-citizens or non-residents, especially if their parents choose not to raise their kids here.
    Why stop at immigrants there’s a ton of people who are nothing but a drain why not make every one earn there citizenship.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why stop at immigrants there’s a ton of people who are nothing but a drain why not make every one earn there citizenship.
    Everyone here has to earn permanent residency or citizenship. If you don't have either, eventually you'll get deported. The problem is that the real drains on the system happen to be born citizens, looking at you Vancouver's homeless opiate addicts.

Canada is free to be Canada. Not my country, not my problem. Although considering the small little thing called the Pacific separating the countries I’d imagine as far as problems go, this doesn’t rate high. Not having a 2000 mile land border like the US and Mexico kinda helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's only cheaper because we, the tax payers, cover a portion of medical expenses through taxes. I think what really annoys people the most is that foreigners aren't being charged for the same medical services that you can get in the USA for a birth at the same rate because our publicly funded healthcare prevents hospitals from being for profit. Which is ridiculous, because visitors to this country aren't tax payers, they aren't citizens, the hospitals should be able to charge whatever they please. Then they can just ding the Chinese the same rates as the Americans do and that little problem gets solved because we can no longer be marketed as "cheaper than America" for the same medical care of giving birth to a child.

You literally dont need a visa to visit Saipan and you get birthright citizenship there.

People going to Canada for birthright citizenship are wasting there time and money tbh.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    You literally dont need a visa to visit Saipan and you get birthright citizenship there.

People going to Canada for birthright citizenship are wasting there time and money tbh.
    No one wants to live in a third rate place like Saipan, so that's not a comparative. Canada has much more to offer in terms of careers and having a long lasting and healthy life than overcrowded countries in Asia.

It can become a problem in the future, although maybe it isn't now but we need to be aware when we are being exploited. The notion of giving citizenship because you became pregnant is laughable. Citizenship should be earned, not given out like candy. I'm also all for deporting the homeless people or sending them to a deserted island so they can all congregate together far away from any business since their presence ruins local businesses down town. Also there's shit tons of needles left everywhere but I digress.

5+ Year Old Account
    As someone from Europe, I cannot fathom why anybody would think this is a good idea. Oh a complete stranger from a foreign land happens to give birth on our soil? Let's bypass all formal regulations and laws regarding immigration and welcome this new citizen, hooray!

What stupidity.