Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    When was the Kiting of Bosses/Mobs to major cities and low lvl zones nerfed?

    When were the "leashes" applied to all mobs?

    I have absolutely no idea for Vanilla world bosses.
    BUT im 100% sure i could kite Overlord Mok Morokk to Orgrimmar in Wrath of the Lich King...possibly Cataclysm.
    I did it for a while.

    I was kinda addicted to this activity as a kid and did it for a long time...but my memory is failing me...not sure if i did this in Wrath or Cataclysm...

    EDIT: And how is it in the Beta? For anyone inside beta.

    EDIT: Asmongold did kite a world boss to stormwind and killed everyone, so its still possible for how long? who knows #nochanges
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-05-28 at 07:21 PM.

  2. #2
    I joined during LK days and remember people tanking the one from outside cavern of times to orgrimmar, so definitely during or after LK

  3. #3
    Depends on the mob. It was a case by case basis as people abused it. Kazzak 100% will not be kiteable to Stormwind. Teremus though? Probably will be. They spawn in damn near the same spot one of them just has the capability of wiping a city forever and one dies to the first set of guards.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Depends on the mob. It was a case by case basis as people abused it. Kazzak 100% will not be kiteable to Stormwind. Teremus though? Probably will be. They spawn in damn near the same spot one of them just has the capability of wiping a city forever and one dies to the first set of guards.
    Humm interesting...its was a "case by case" situation in Vanilla.

    Now we only need to know how is it in BETA.
    Because ive seen a lot of streams but i never saw anyone kiting a mob indefinitely to another zone

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Humm interesting...its was a "case by case" situation in Vanilla.

    Now we only need to know how is it in BETA.
    Because ive seen a lot of streams but i never saw anyone kiting a mob indefinitely to another zone
    You wont get a good test yet, it has to be on something relevant to see if its been tweaked but that means you need to not miss ideally. Kiting a wolf from one end of elwynn to the other wont prove a thing as theres no reason for them to care. Kiting an emerald dragon though? That changes the ball game entirely and youd need a pretty high level hunter to even attempt it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    You wont get a good test yet, it has to be on something relevant to see if its been tweaked but that means you need to not miss ideally. Kiting a wolf from one end of elwynn to the other wont prove a thing as theres no reason for them to care. Kiting an emerald dragon though? That changes the ball game entirely and youd need a pretty high level hunter to even attempt it.
    Everything you say is true...but if you cant do it on a wolf...you cant do it for anything else im afraid
    But yeah we want to know "the good stuff" oui ofcourse

  7. #7
    Pretty sure you'll be able to kite the Bronze dragons in Tanaris to Orgrimmar

    As for beta, we won't know for a while since its capped at lvl 30 this phase.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    When were the "leashes" applied to all mobs?

    I have absolutely no idea for Vanilla world bosses.
    BUT im 100% sure i could kite Overlord Mok Morokk to Orgrimmar in Wrath of the Lich King...possibly Cataclysm.
    I did it for a while.

    I was kinda addicted to this activity as a kid and did it for a long time...but my memory is failing me...not sure if i did this in Wrath or Cataclysm...

    EDIT: And how is it in the Beta? For anyone inside beta.
    Those immune mobs from the quest lines in BL were fun to kite there as well because even though they didn't do extreme damage like a boss, they were literally unkillable outside of the quest.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Pretty sure you'll be able to kite the Bronze dragons in Tanaris to Orgrimmar

    As for beta, we won't know for a while since its capped at lvl 30 this phase.
    Did people actually do that? I was alliance so I never experienced it. The route you would have to take would be up through feralas and around id imagine? since the lift in 1k would either leash or get you killed. My god thats a long kite to hope you dont screw up.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    As for beta, we won't know for a while since its capped at lvl 30 this phase.
    As anyone tried kiting a simple Wolf or Bear to another zone...indefinitely? In Beta?
    If that doesnt work...nothing will work...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    As anyone tried kiting a simple Wolf or Bear to another zone...indefinitely? In Beta?
    If that doesnt work...nothing will work...
    I can maybe drop Shroud a donation next time hes playing to see if hell test it, but thats about the extent of trying I can do.

  12. #12
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Did people actually do that? I was alliance so I never experienced it. The route you would have to take would be up through feralas and around id imagine? since the lift in 1k would either leash or get you killed. My god thats a long kite to hope you dont screw up.
    There are a few videos of people kiting Lord Kazzak from Blasted Lands to Stormwind and creating untold carnage and chaos once there..

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    I can maybe drop Shroud a donation next time hes playing to see if hell test it, but thats about the extent of trying I can do.
    Thank you!!!
    I have no idea what classes are good for it though.

    I remember hunters and warlocks with rank 1 curses.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Did people actually do that? I was alliance so I never experienced it. The route you would have to take would be up through feralas and around id imagine? since the lift in 1k would either leash or get you killed. My god thats a long kite to hope you dont screw up.
    I never saw it personally but it was possible if you were extremely patient.

    The most common one I ever saw as Horde was Shandris -> Orgimmar in Cataclsym. Since she had someone extremely OP AoE moonfire spell that would wipe the entire city in seconds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    As anyone tried kiting a simple Wolf or Bear to another zone...indefinitely? In Beta?
    If that doesnt work...nothing will work...
    Best bet would be to have someone try to kite a Son of Arugal to Deathknell or Brill. Since he's at least a roaming elite and should function more similarly.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I never saw it personally but it was possible if you were extremely patient.

    The most common one I ever saw as Horde was Shandris -> Orgimmar in Cataclsym. Since she had someone extremely OP AoE moonfire spell that would wipe the entire city in seconds.
    Im trying to research on Google which mobs were "fun to kite" in Vanilla...nothing is happearing
    Most fun information is from TBC onwards

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Im trying to research on Google which mobs were "fun to kite" in Vanilla...nothing is happearing
    Most fun information is from TBC onwards
    You have to know what you are searching for.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKRBD-fZJFk

    This is Teremus, i mentioned him before this is the dragon ive personally done though this video isnt me.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    You have to know what you are searching for.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKRBD-fZJFk

    This is Teremus, i mentioned him before this is the dragon ive personally done though this video isnt me.
    LOL thats a good one! He has a breath ability to kill everyone Thanks for the info

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Those immune mobs from the quest lines in BL were fun to kite there as well because even though they didn't do extreme damage like a boss, they were literally unkillable outside of the quest.
    There were great. I leveled up all my weapon skill on those
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Depends on the mob. It was a case by case basis as people abused it. Kazzak 100% will not be kiteable to Stormwind. Teremus though? Probably will be. They spawn in damn near the same spot one of them just has the capability of wiping a city forever and one dies to the first set of guards.
    Teremus could be kited to SW or IF well into BC and was more then capable of wiping 100's of players out. Teremus would only die after being taken into the Throne Room and enough geared max level players showed up to combat the amount of lowbies healing Teremus back to full.

    Source I kited to Teremus to SW constantly.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Teremus could be kited to SW or IF well into BC and was more then capable of wiping 100's of players out. Teremus would only die after being taken into the Throne Room and enough geared max level players showed up to combat the amount of lowbies healing Teremus back to full.

    Source I kited to Teremus to SW constantly.
    If this isnt in CLassic im gonna be PISSED
    That is so funny dude

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •