Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I know in Vanilla we had a warlock in my guild kite Gammon to the gates of AQ.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

the way the Community is now doubt there going to leave this in can almost hear the gm tickets

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Kiting was as much of a part of the game as anything else, obviously it should remain in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    the way the Community is now doubt there going to leave this in can almost hear the gm tickets
    It certainly is 100% a nuisance for GM's.

Every single time i kited Overlord to Orgrimmar...a GM had to remove him...and i did it everyday for weeks lol
    And Overlord was harmless...now imagine a mob killing everyone

I know this is bad for the game...but is SO MUCH FUN for us players who do it.
    It reminds me of this image.

I guess it makes Vanilla WoW like a playground of sorts...free for all its a nice feeling (for us. Not so much for everyone else)

I kited anachronos and the cleaner to orgrimmar during wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Teremus could be kited to SW or IF well into BC and was more then capable of wiping 100's of players out. Teremus would only die after being taken into the Throne Room and enough geared max level players showed up to combat the amount of lowbies healing Teremus back to full.

Source I kited to Teremus to SW constantly.
    Asmongold did it so its possible to kite mobs endlessly
    Good to know

Asmongold did nothing. The hunters did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I did a bit of kiting in vanilla. It was certainly fun and something I miss

Me and a pal used to pull Kazzak to stormwind and hide under the city
    You just fucking reminded me that we can go under Stormwind again holy shit maybe I'll play this dogshit after all.

This wasn't in classic, but me and my friend had a lot of fun doing this. We kited the dragons from caverns of time to orgrimmar (had to go around thousand needles). We kited fel reaver to shattrah, that one was really fun due to the noise and ground shaking it does. we also kited a giant a few zones over in northrend to wintergrasp and let it loose on the alliance.

lol how the dragon despawned.. probably a GM since it was fun :>

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    lol how the dragon despawned.. probably a GM since it was fun :>
    Every single time i kited Overlord to Orgrimmar a GM needed to despawn it.

I did it everyday for a while.

I remember logging out everytime i did it so i wouldnt get caught...but im pretty sure the GM's knew it was me

It got nerfed soon after

I still remember the blue post.

I think it was more fun to summon an infernal in goldshire, let the warlock lose control of it, then banish it, and watch as newbie players tried to kill it thinking it was some event monster that dropped something

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I think it was more fun to summon an infernal in goldshire, let the warlock lose control of it, then banish it, and watch as newbie players tried to kill it thinking it was some event monster that dropped something
    This was confirmed by Blizzard to be allowed and not considered griefing in any way or form

Hummmmm shall we trust Blizzard on this?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When people started kiting world bosses to major cities, they started putting leash limits on certain mobs. Namely world bosses.

The amount of mobs you can kite in earlier iterations of the game is absolutely massive, finding mobs that leash is actually the exception.

Mobs despawning probably has nothing to do with GMs, if you kite a mob far enough away from it's spawn point and then proceed to go well beyond the leash limit without a single attack in that time period, there's a pretty large chance it will evade and teleport back to it's spawn point. That or the primary threat target getting to a place where they evade a mob. Not saying GMs don't despawn things, but generally it's because of one of the two above reasons as to why something 'vanishes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    This was confirmed by Blizzard to be allowed and not considered griefing in any way or form

XD me and my friend got reported for it countless times but the gms all sided with us, it wasnt griefing because the only way to die to immolation aura was to attack the infernal

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    When people started kiting world bosses to major cities, they started putting leash limits on certain mobs. Namely world bosses.

The amount of mobs you can kite in earlier iterations of the game is absolutely massive, finding mobs that leash is actually the exception.

Mobs despawning probably has nothing to do with GMs, if you kite a mob far enough away from it's spawn point and then proceed to go well beyond the leash limit without a single attack in that time period, there's a pretty large chance it will evade and teleport back to it's spawn point. That or the primary threat target getting to a place where they evade a mob. Not saying GMs don't despawn things, but generally it's because of one of the two above reasons as to why something 'vanishes'.
    It was GMs despawning my Orverlord, im pretty sure.

I kited him, loged out, came back at night and the same Overlord would be there

Let me see if i can find a blue post on this so i have proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

yeah same blizzard that banned rogues for using shadowstep in the battleground with cannons where you drive up and then killing player behind the gate or on the balcony .

Nah they have 0 clue sometimes what is ok and what is a reason to ban

@Tojara

You just made me search the internet for 1 entire hour...to find no results

It looks like the Overlord Mok'morokk change is not documented...it just vanished out of thin air.

I know it was nerfed between 2010 and 2011...because I have made a thread about it
    Thats right...the only internet clue for this mistery is myself in WoW official forums AHAH

EDIT:

LOOK, ITS ME! On the char i used to use to kite him ahahah

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2290861166

Kiting major world bosses was nerfed loooong time ago, actually before 1.12. You can still kite minor world bosses and regular mobs all you want into major cities in retail too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    yeah same blizzard that banned rogues for using shadowstep in the battleground with cannons where you drive up and then killing player behind the gate or on the balcony .

Nah they have 0 clue sometimes what is ok and what is a reason to ban
    I would like '...and everyone started clapping and Chuck Norris was there...” for $1000, Alex.

Blizzard did no such thing. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro