Poll: What seems more likely to you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Murozond should have happened during WoD. They set it up that the Bronze dragons were behind the time portal to alternate Draenor, then they just completely dropped that thread. I still can't believe they dropped the ball so badly during that expansion. The Infinite really have no other role to play in the lore at this point unless Blizz really wants to risk another horrible time-travel expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Murozond should have happened during WoD. They set it up that the Bronze dragons were behind the time portal to alternate Draenor, then they just completely dropped that thread. I still can't believe they dropped the ball so badly during that expansion. The Infinite really have no other role to play in the lore at this point unless Blizz really wants to risk another horrible time-travel expansion
    This, so much this. Whatever the next xpac is about, please don't give me another time travel mess. I don't think, however, that 8.3 will be about either Shadowlands or N'yalotha, but rather about the elephant in the room, aka that huge ass sword in Silithus. A subterranean raid following the sword's trail could be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically Rise of Azshara Eternal Palace last boss is similar once again to Well of Eternity encounter where Azshara toys with us. And perhaps was able to break the chains of N'Zoths prison and also stops the wall of ocean from standing still and lets it crash down.

They might include 8.2.5 as Dragon Isle or possibly 9.0. So far we haven't touched Shadowlands and even deal with Gorak'Tul's raid encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    When can the timetravelling dragon transform himself, only right now surely?

No literally at any point in the past or future, he is a time travelling dragon after all.
    His future self have been really active even before BC days and WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    When can the timetravelling dragon transform himself, only right now surely?

No literally at any point in the past or future, he is a time travelling dragon after all.
    well it's hard to tell exactly what's going on bc at the end of dragon soul raid, the aspects lose their powers so how can he do anything? or did they all lose their powers except him?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, Nozdormu literally told us that was him and that his future is unavoidable. Which means, on the timeline we are on right now, Nozdormu will eventually become Murozond, corrupted by a force unknown to us at this time. (Possibly N'zoth, or possibly something unrelated entirely.)

/thread
    There is no corruption. People really need to stop saying that. He wasn't corrupted. He took some bronze dragons with him when he went mad and they became the infinite flight(and by all rights he needs to find a power source really). He finally was overcome by the madness of seeing his own death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    well it's hard to tell exactly what's going on bc at the end of dragon soul raid, the aspects lose their powers so how can he do anything? or did they all lose their powers except him?
    Some bronze have a little power(technically all flights) but none including the aspects have the power they once had and they can't reproduce. That's why Kairoz was excited about the time powers from TI and used his previous knowledge to create the Vision of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    So, as we were told, after 8.2 it will become clear who is the endboss of BfA. And everything points out that by the end we have Azshara dead or defeared, and N'zoth is finally free. So that is more than a clear hint on what's next.

But. Also, in the final conversation between Lor'themar, Thalyssra, Jaina etc they say that before we can join our forces against N'zoth, we've got to get rid of Sylvanas. And the events with releasing Baine, Thrall and Saurfang are clearly leading to this.

Also, we've seen Jaina's story finished up in 8.1, Azshara's endgame in 8.2, and we've heard a lot about Sylvanas' endgame and her plans to "master death".
    So, I see 2 options.

One is clear and straight - we have Ny'alotha in 8.3, N'zoth as the final boss. A threat behind the scenes since Cataclysm goes off in a patch.

And Sylvanas and her schemes, all that was behind her - stays for 9.0, which will be Shadowlands expansion.
    Would I be disappointed? In a way, yes. I wouldn't want to see Old Gods theme closed so hastily. On the other hand, I like the undead theme and it's very possible that we'll have Necromancer class in next expansion.

On the other hand, I see several hints. In 8.2 dragon questline we learn that Nozdormu went missing. What is if this is the actual moment of him becoming Murozond and creating the Infinite Dragonflight? Because, if not now, when?

He spoke that a world, ruined by Deatwing is a blessing compared to what he saw in the future we are coming to. Well, N'zoth is likely the cause of it. It looks like we are unable to defeat him and Murozond will try to prevent it from becoming truth by the Infinite dragonflight. And that wouldn't look impressive if all this happens in just 8.3, don't you agreee? I'd have it when we have 9.0 as Black Empire where we'll have zones of old Azeroth through time travel and stuff.

And we have death theme, that something behind making Sylvanas Warchief, something that stroke bargain with Odin. Also Helya is somewhere around and maybe Gorak'tul as well.

Let's count pros and cons for both variants.

A. N'zoth and Ny'alotha in 8.3, Sylvanas and Shadowlands expansion in 9.0.

pro: it's most straight and obvious since 8.2 ends with releasing N'zoth. Also rumors of Necromancer class fit into that variant.
    cons: it's underwhelming to end all the Black Empire, N'zoth, Murozond so quickly without developement. Also, content would be too alike: we have OG and tentacles theme since Crucible and now to have it all the way to the end of BfA? And with Shadowlands expansion, it will all be themed with death-coloured stuff? I'd better have Shadowlands as Argus of this expansion.

B. Sylvanas and Shadowlands in 8.3, N'zoth and Black Empire in 9.0.

pro: that way finishes up all Warbringers' storylines, content is more versatile - death theme was cool in Drustvar, I'd enjoy see more of it now after nagas and old gods. And Black Empire allows more for versatility of content since we can be traveling after Murozond through past versions of Azeroth from the Original Black Empire to resent past.

con: it's less straightforward. Also, many would say it's repeating of SoO. But I disagree. If Shadowlands is the theme of 8.3, I don't think Sylvanas will be the endboss. It will be likely the one who is behind the scene since making her warchief. She tries to master Death, but she is too weak to handle it. So she might be either a boss in the raid, not the endboss, or a "Gul'dan" as of HFC in 6.2, with a similar role.

Either way, even if we are deprived of Black Empire expansion, which would be sad, I'd enjoy Shadowlands whether it's a patch or xpac, and Necromancer would be a good addition to the game.

And what do you think?
    Next class is going to be "dark Ranger"

While I would absolutely love a Black Empire expansion, I predicted when the expansion pack was announced, that this would be a N'Zoth expansion sold as a Horde vs Alliance expansion, because Blizz would not deep N'Zoth popular enough to be the title enemy that carries the whole expansion.

There have been many amazing theories and alternate proposals this time. But I don't think, given how development schedules work, that Blizz has even had possibility to alter course on this one. While I would love it elsewhere, I find it very unlikely that N'Zoth won't be the final boss of 8.3.

If the pattern hold true, we're due for a new class next expansion. Which theme supports a new class better?

1. Shadowlands expansion
    2. N'zoth and Black Empire expansion

The first could support a number of great classes (Necromancer, Dark Ranger, etc.)
    The second doesn't seem as good (Void Knight?, Cultist?)

15+ Year Old Account
    If they want wow to live on for one more decade, they definitely won't pull the void lord card yet.
    I fear that the next xpac will introduce something new like mop and thus nzoth will be the end boss of bfa
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    If the pattern hold true, we're due for a new class next expansion. Which theme supports a new class better?

1. Shadowlands expansion
    2. N'zoth and Black Empire expansion

The first could support a number of great classes (Necromancer, Dark Ranger, etc.)
    The second doesn't seem as good (Void Knight?, Cultist?)
    Both. Sylvanas becomes the Lich Queen and, using Xal'atath, tears down the veil between the material plane and the Shadowlands, which resurrects all of the Old Gods and the Black Empire. We'll get Dark Ranger, Necromancer or some variation of prestige classes. At least, that's what I think it's leading to. There's also a bunch of dragon-related plot threads popping up recently, although that could be seeding things beyond 9.0.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    I have no idea what 8.3 is going to hold, but I'm almost 100% certain we won't be killing N'zoth. He's puppeted us from the shadows almost ever since the beginning, and there's no way in hell he's just going to be a one patch character. He'll most likely be the main force in the next xpac.
    I’m certainly hoping for this. * crosses tentacles *

Also, having shadowlands in 8.3 would not rule out a necromancer possibility in 9.0. It would just be a matter of working out the story in a way that gives us new allies in 9.0 that use 8.3 rep... and use/can teach us that class as an option. ^^

Nozdormu lost all powers in cataclysm, and cant turn into murozond.

Seeing as wrathion hasnt done anything for the last xpacs, and he was the first preparing us for the return of sargeras, would be cool too see him more mature and part of the story again.
    Last edited by fathom81; 2019-05-31 at 09:55 AM.