Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    He became a laughingstock on reddit and official forums because of it. That's dude, Tipsout, is self-proclaimed #1 warrior in the world and vanilla veteran, although many people are saying that he in fact is a cata-kid
    Fairly sure he himself said he never played vanilla in a video? or atleast that he never really raided etc, hes been playing Private servers only pretty much. Not exactly a secret when he himself puts it in his own videos?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    abilities like that could never be forced in the original game by sitting it was a wonky interaction on private servers as private servers where a good 75% guesswork along with some data mining of the original client the last 15% was taken from the few super potato quality videos that where made back then
    while that is true. it is not true on that specific subject.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Wow, I'm really liking this team behind classic.
    Ditto. They KNOW what target audience they are aiming for unlike the BFA team which wants to aim for every person that exists. This means you also know HOW to communicate, since they know the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I was surprised about the /sit note. I have heard that is a lot of people's strategy to activate certain abilities forcefully. Was this an exploit that was common in Private Servers and people assumed it was something that was in original vanilla WoW?
    People are correct that sitting in Vanilla was a thing, they are just wrong why. So sitting in combat was something you could macro in vanilla but not as an exploit. Sometimes tanks over-geared content so much that they didn’t take enough damage to generate rage to cause threat. What would happen was that if you sit you could guarantee a crit that would get you lots of rage to up your threat and let the dps goto town. This was a thing in BC too iirc.

The reason people think this has to do with an exploit is that it was an exploit in Woltk that allowed a Prot Pally with reck to one shot bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    I'm happy to see them really committing to this. I didn't think I would be all that interested, but I will sure give it a go. Personally I wouldn't mind quality of life improvements and most of my friend don't really care for a 100% authentic vanilla experience but they want the old zones and world, a game world pre-Cataclysm but have no requirement for it being "authentic" to World of Warcraft Patch 1.12.2.

I'm not all that hardcore on "Classic", I want to relive the old zones and the old world and it seems like most people I'm taking to is feeling the same. We would prefer to have quality of life improvements regardless of them actually being in the game at in 1.12.2 or not. Like the "Automatic Quest Tracking" to actually track it properly without you having to actually trigger progress in the quest for it to show up would make perfect sense. It's no real need to make such a thing behave nonsensical just because it's "authentic".

Same goes for the Meeting/Summoning Stones, the automatic flight paths, additional mail boxes etc.. A lot of this got implemented in The Burning Crusade but all of this doesn't really hurt the "Classic experience" but are some really obvious quality of life improvements that improves the experience.

But I guess they are just saving themselves some complaints. For them to decide what is worthy quality of life improvements and what is not is next to impossible. People would complain regardless so having thing replicate 1.12.2 is much easier for them.
    The vanilla experience was spending 45 minuets to cross the ocean just to find out you missed a step or item and need to spend 45 min going back. You’d also have no place to confirm you made this mistake as thottbot rarely had the answer.

Forming a group in a capital city then spending another 10-15 min to get to Blackrock or Plaguelands if your Alliance, 30 min as Horde. That’s Vanilla.

Quest tracker not updating progress and taking up most of the right side of the screen. That’s vanilla. Oh and it’s terribly inaccurate and sometimes wouldn’t update.

This is all pure vanilla. I have a feeling the fees are playing a joke to prove a point. It’s amusing:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    I have never played on private servers, but I swear I remember classes that had "on enemy crit" effects using /sit to proc them back in vanilla. Maybe they were just trying to build up more rage?
    It was to build rage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Threat and dps depend on proper mob id reporting, if that's in then those will work great.

Vanilla had a ton of UI and questing add-ons so that's no question really
    The questing addons only tracked one at a time and basically just saved the quest text and added an arrow that hardly worked. Those didn’t come till after all the class patches and Blackwong. Not much of a help and they slowed down the game, even on the best hardware. Hope they introduce memory links on purpose again. Ya know for classic.

Decursive and any auto add on was killed so expecting that as well. They even had an add on that highlighted enemy player races through walls. That was banned. I’m thinking Blizzard will only allow certain addons and limited UI modification. Ya know for classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I remember my buddy telling me Tauren was a thing back in the day b/c they had a longer melee range and u could hit ppl easier when u chased them around pillars.

Funny to c a list of intended bugs for classic. Really shows a lot of players really don’t know what they r getting into.
    They mostly had a disadvantage. More likely to be attacked in AV, drew more attention and very easy to click on when tabbing wasn’t well known or as accurate.

Don’t forget tabbing had a lot of logic added to it over the years.

Original tabbing literally selected every creature in the area and if you went to fast, which was common, you’d have to go through every critter and creature to get back around, hoping not to miss it again.

Warrior health Regeneration is working at the expected rate.
    When people begin to realize that not everything was better back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Oh come on. Sperg is just a common term used on the internet for people that spam stuff and freak out over the littlest thing. Get over it. Are we really giving out infractions for a "naughty word"?? Lol..... is this kindergarten?
    Have you considered how people with aspergers/autism aka "spergs" might feel?

Quote Originally Posted by hahno View Post
    Have you considered how people with aspergers/autism aka "spergs" might feel?
    I don't know.. get over it?? Whatever happened to the phrase I grew up with "sticks and stones"? The words people apparently can't use anymore is constantly changing and it's impossible to keep up.. I'll keep calling people retards and spergs and nothing anyone online tells me will stop me from saying it.

Who even knew spergs actually referred to aspergers anyway??
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-05-19 at 08:20 AM.

I don't know.. get over it?? Whatever happened to the phrase I grew up with "sticks and stones"? The words people apparently can't use anymore is constantly changing and it's impossible to keep up.. I'll keep calling people retards and spergs and nothing anyone online tells me will stop me from saying it.

Well... I could go into it but I don't think you would get it. You seem to have very little empathy for other people. Keep doing whatever.

It is incredible that some people are demanding a "fixed Classic".
    That would be Burning Crusade.

7+ Year Old Account
    wow, you guys have a lot of time to write salty posts between your LFR queues.

You still don't believe they actually made this to please their classic audience! Cry all you want!

Who knew malignant behaviour online comes with consequences.

Quests not tracked on map/minimap.... I don't know who the fck they invited to beta, but they sure didn't play vanilla. Even I know that quests werent tracked on the map/minimap until 3.3...

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Threat and dps depend on proper mob id reporting, if that's in then those will work great.

Vanilla had a ton of UI and questing add-ons so that's no question really
    yeah but they were nothing compared todays addons.

I KNEW this sort of thing was going to happen. Knew it. As the doors open past limited beta people will complain about everything under the sun. The vast majority of non-vanilla die-hards will hate classic, because it was objectively a way worse game than current games. Things were slow, clunky, grindy, and inconsistent. Did I love my time in vanilla? Sure, but there's no recreating a 15-year old experience - the game may be the same, but you are not.

I love the beta. It's like stepping right back for someone who was not faking they were part of it back then. One thing that sucks is the research on quests is inaccurate because they changed mob positions and whatnot over time.

Would it be nice to have quest objectives or at the least an exclamation point on the minimap? Absolutely. But it's just so obvious the modern wow player won't like this nor appreciate it

10+ Year Old Account
    oh man, it's starting, all those "we want pure vanilla" kids that never actually played vanilla are now realizing pure vanilla has nothing to do with the private servers they play... ups

Just because someone thinks it is a bug, does not mean he is pissed about it or won‘t like classic because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    Private servers: A few dudes reverse engineering from their garage. Fully functional after a matter of months.
    Classic: Blizzard resources. Nonsensical bugs pop up, even with the source code on hand. Nice!
    Yeah that's just not true.

The famous vanilla private servers, such as Nostalrius, were built upon 15+ years of emulator work(dating back to the WoW Alpha). The first private server i played on was back in 05/06 and literately nothing worked, the only thing they were good for was exploring areas you couldn't normally get to. It took many many years before functional so called "blizzlike" servers started showing up, this might in part be due to less demand for a vanilla server back then but a large factor was how shitty it was compared to the retail servers. You either played because you couldn't afford retail or because you wanted to play custom server such as "lvl 255 fun-servers".

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    I doubt the people submitting these bug reports are the WoW classic purists. Afaik the beta testers were selected randomly and it isn’t just people who have played since Launch.
    It would be soo damned awesome if Blizz looked at all the players wanting Classic, found those players that only played after LK. you wanted it you got it, suck it up buttercup lol.

I am so hyped to be able to go back to the Classic world and play nostalgia with my Shammy hunter and Lock.

is just like, so unfortunate that really good WoW players couldn't get the "key" to WoW classic BETA but it's a good thing they gave it to big streamers like Sodapoppin, Asmongold and so on.. because with an high amount of viewers, everyone can discover the bugs and everything that might be wrong with the BETA and when WoW classic is out we can enjoy a perfect journey throughout the best world that ever existed! but the saddest part is that they are not doing what they suppose to and is making people angry towards them!! coz, i mean, look at F****** Sodapoppin, playing one of the most funniest and enjoyable classes in the WoW history! which is DRUID! and he reached lvl 30 and everything BUT WHAT THA FUK is he doing at lvl 30 and doesn't even have AN AQUATIC FORM!!! that u can get the quest AT LVL 16 .. LIKE WHAT THA ACTUAL FUK IS HE DOING?!!! i main'd drood back in 2006 when i started playing and it's just disrespectful seeing a person, like SODAPOPPIN, having the greatest adventure of his life and i'm here raging about it coz one thing is to have a purpose to launch a BETA and that purpose is to find bugs.. but why would i try to find bugs if i can have fun and play with friends.. wow...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I am not making judgements here - that team "only" needs to recreate what once there was there in a pre-defined time frame / patch. They don't invent, don't implement new things. Do they know what the target audience is? Looking at the last year of thread here, the Classic audience had different ideas, they are NOT all on the same page.

But yeah...I also like the communication, well..this list here that we are commenting on. If any dev would have dared to communicate that way in retail, this forum would demand to fire him because "that is not how you talk to paying customers"
    Yeah, I suppose that's a good point actually with people not being on the same page. But it's still an audience who wants Classic (even if done differently) and while some things are wrong, it still has a focus on a couple of few elements (Leveling as a journey, then you go either to PvP or you do Dungeons which then moves over to BWL and they all have one difficulty each) rather than BFA which just has way too many things for me to count... x_x