Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's so funny reading all the complains, all the crying and tears. It really warms my heart that "some" people finally start to realize WHAT classic wow truly is trying to become. It's not BfA get that straight.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    It's so funny reading all the complains, all the crying and tears. It really warms my heart that "some" people finally start to realize WHAT classic wow truly is trying to become. It's not BfA get that straight.
    Pretty sure after all the years of Classic wishing and retail players responses that not a single person thinks Classic is BfA, but more that people don’t really remember what Vanilla was like.
    These bug reports showcase the rose tinted glasses and nostalgia feels more than a comparison of retail.

Quote Originally Posted by quez View Post
    Yeah that's just not true.

The famous vanilla private servers, such as Nostalrius, were built upon 15+ years of emulator work(dating back to the WoW Alpha). The first private server i played on was back in 05/06 and literately nothing worked, the only thing they were good for was exploring areas you couldn't normally get to. It took many many years before functional so called "blizzlike" servers started showing up, this might in part be due to less demand for a vanilla server back then but a large factor was how shitty it was compared to the retail servers. You either played because you couldn't afford retail or because you wanted to play custom server such as "lvl 255 fun-servers".
    You're just making assumptions.

Blizzlike servers have been around for as long as Vanilla wasn't current in everyone's mind (that means TBC and on, in case you're trolling); the more functional, less poopy playgrounds were simply less known or, in some cases, underground.

You learned something new today, whoa!

`Quests objectives and points of interests are not tracked on the map or minimap.`

LOL, Cata babies comming to vanila, expecting autotracking quests

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    You're just making assumptions.

Blizzlike servers have been around for as long as Vanilla wasn't current in everyone's mind (that means TBC and on, in case you're trolling); the more functional, less poopy playgrounds were simply less known or, in some cases, underground.

You learned something new today, whoa!
    What assumptions am I making?

Like I said in my post I played on blizzlike servers during vanilla, so obviously they were around at the time of TBC.

I think it's more likely that you and I have different definitions of "functional". By functional I am referring to servers where abilities and talents worked mostly as intended, most of the quests worked, LoS worked, bosses had abilities etc.

Either way, the statement that a couple of dudes reversed engineered classic wow in a handful of months in their garage to a level which is comparable to this beta is false. Even if there was some underground vanilla server at the end of tbc that was decent (which i very much so doubt), it still would be the result of 5 years of emulator work.

Can you install addons? Even during early Vanilla I had Natural Enemy Castbar and other addons installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Can you install addons? Even during early Vanilla I had Natural Enemy Castbar and other addons installed.
    Not in beta, but addons will be available for live. Cast bars and other addons will quickly be made if not already being made.

Man, some of my fondest memories of classic is playing the UI-meta and customizing the interface. I think i have some screenshots of mid to late classic with a fully modded UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Pretty sure after all the years of Classic wishing and retail players responses that not a single person thinks Classic is BfA, but more that people don’t really remember what Vanilla was like.
    These bug reports showcase the rose tinted glasses and nostalgia feels more than a comparison of retail.
    these reports showcase only that beta invite was recieved by kids and wod+ players

and statement about respawn timers not like in bfa clearly shows that

Can't wait for gnomes to realise they have to swim in shallow water.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Can't wait for gnomes to realise they have to swim in shallow water.
    And get dismounted every. Single. Time.

Love people making bug reports on things like this and complaining about QOL stuff not knowing how things were back then yet being part of the crowd that has rose tinted goggles on from streamers praising it. Reality check. Vanilla wasn't all you think it was. I played it. I'm not playing Classic for a variety of small reasons that would just annoy me today. Back then it was new and I didn't care.

95% of Vanilla player dont remember how bad vanilla was.

99% of Live players dont understand that "nearly" everything they have in the game today is a result of players (hardcore and noob) bitching because vanilla was so bad.

This is so funny. Time beta hits 60 this list will be large.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    He became a laughingstock on reddit and official forums because of it. That's dude, Tipsout, is self-proclaimed #1 warrior in the world and vanilla veteran, although many people are saying that he in fact is a cata-kid
    Isn't it Cata-fetus?

Vanilla Veterans, TBC Children, Wrath Babies, Cata Fetuses...

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Not in beta, but addons will be available for live. Cast bars and other addons will quickly be made if not already being made.

Man, some of my fondest memories of classic is playing the UI-meta and customizing the interface. I think i have some screenshots of mid to late classic with a fully modded UI.
    Uhh...you can install add-ons for sure. Not too many have been published properly but they are starting to work already even on beta. There is a ton of work to be done though to align them with the right information.

ha-ha so u see all the talk of people claiming there are bugs and they have replied with it's intended to act that way. can't wait for the missed attacks/hits on the enemy!

Hm, did they use the updated engine for the Classic client? The water clearly isn't Vanilla water. Gras density and so on is too high also. (watching gameplay videos)
    Last edited by Terracresta; 2019-05-20 at 07:57 PM.

People seem confused that pro-classic players are reporting those. It's people who haven't played classic that are feeling confused that an MMO can actually be a bit slower than today's standards

It is a bit funny yeah, but a lot of this will be history on day 1 when addons are available. I started in Wrath, when there were still no markers for quests at all, and that could be fixed by just downloading the good ol carbonite.

Love the /sit controversy though. I wonder if we'll have more of similar ones.

I absolutely love that ppl who were really hyped up by Classic WoW now realize what I knew from the start:
    Classic is a shithole. If WoW would've come out like this today it would've died immediately. What I love the most are ppl who are already crying out for all QoL they have in BfA. You wanted it, now have it and shut your pieholes.