Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Eurovision Contest

Who is going to win?

Netherlands? Australia?

https://twitter.com/search?q=eurovis...Ctwgr%5Esearch

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    won't be watching this year

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatver country that makes chicken/pig noises.
    I mean, that worked last year.

I still vote for my country to drop the Eurovision Contest, specially if they lose to the UK.

Dustin.

Dustin the Turkey is going to win.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can well see the UK getting 0 points its a terrible song
    would love another Channel to take over, The selection process from the BBC is a joke.
    We've got such a huge array of Music and styles and again Cruise Ship melody main "choice"

be funny if we won, who would host?

Madonna’s having a nightmare. Awful singing. The fuck has she got the dancers wearing gas masks?

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    be funny if we won, who would host?
    Germany hosts if Australia wins.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me switzerland/netherlands/australia, one of those will win. Swedens was good, I thought denmarks song was simply beautiful, I personally liked norways song the chorus had a very similar tune to another song that I cannot remember.

As for the UK, well yeah its bottom 3 for me, nothing special and simply too cliche. Along side albania and slovenia.

but prolly the call points will be corrupt again.. like always. goodbye victory!

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Madonna’s having a nightmare. Awful singing. The fuck has she got the dancers wearing gas masks?
    I wasn't sure watching it but judging by the Israeli reaction to her performance I think she might have put Israel on blast, which is going to be awkward for the media because she's some kind of Jewish (Kabbalah right?).

Either way the reggae section was a banging melody, waaaaaaay too much auto tune on the vocals but I'd put the melody on my play list. Gonna have a YouTube search tomorrow on Quavo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    Germany hosts if Australia wins.
    why germany? is it predetermined?

Jesus... I really forgot how much i hate the call vote/country points system they use for it. I really going to start a FB page calling for ending any and all dutch involvement in Eurovision Crapifal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    why germany? is it predetermined?
    Think so, gets expensive if you have to move the mediapark to there, and prolly having a vote time far after midnight will be nasty.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Germany got 0 votes from the public, yikes. UK getting 3 points though, I dunno...feels a bit harsh, naff song mind but did it derserve to finish last? Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Jesus... I really forgot how much i hate the call vote/country points system they use for it. I really going to start a FB page calling for ending any and all dutch involvement in Eurovision Crapifal

- - - Updated - - -

Think so, gets expensive if you have to move the mediapark to there, and prolly having a vote time far after midnight will be nasty.
    Not going to happen now since you won, hey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Germany got 0 votes from the public, yikes. UK getting 3 points though, I dunno...feels a bit harsh, naff song mind but did it derserve to finish last? Probably not.
    It was deserved. As soon as the wife pointed out the German song wasn't about Wincest then it fell flat, the UKs entry was equally milquetoast.

Sweden should of won though, an actual track with notes of acid house and a whole lot of Gospel. Would do pretty well in the UK charts and I wouldn't feel incensed.

Personal favourite for me was San Marino. It featured the lyric "be the hero of the rainbow" and was so utterly sleazy that there is no way in hell the song wasn't about sexually assaulting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Not going to happen now since you won, hey?
    Still going to happen. Eurovision is just a massive corrupt festival were friends/neighbours vote for others. Eurovision as it is now should be scrapped and reworked. Make it a podium for talent and not hidden political messages to friends/enemies.

Stumbled on it for the last 15 min. Turned out to have been a bad idea as a Swede ...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Still going to happen. Eurovision is just a massive corrupt festival were friends/neighbours vote for others. Eurovision as it is now should be scrapped and reworked. Make it a podium for talent and not hidden political messages to friends/enemies.
    Lighten up..... It is to Europe what Miss Universe is to the rest of the world. One huge joke but quite funny.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It was deserved. As soon as the wife pointed out the German song wasn't about Wincest then it fell flat, the UKs entry was equally milquetoast.

Sweden should of won though, an actual track with notes of acid house and a whole lot of Gospel. Would do pretty well in the UK charts and I wouldn't feel incensed.

Personal favourite for me was San Marino. It featured the lyric "be the hero of the rainbow" and was so utterly sleazy that there is no way in hell the song wasn't about sexually assaulting someone.
    Honestly while watching I would basically go "yep, this is better than UK's entry" I did that for all but 2, albania and slovenia. I guess it didnt help that both of those songs weren't sung in english but they just lacked any sort of emotion and catchiness.

The best song won in the end, swedens was really good so to was australias (Which bombed in the public voting, probably because, well, they aint in europe), switzerlands should have finished higher imo, my personal favourite was norway I loved the chorus and it was a real fun song but they never get the votes, oh and demarks song was just simply beautiful.