Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It was deserved. As soon as the wife pointed out the German song wasn't about Wincest then it fell flat, the UKs entry was equally milquetoast.
    The kid that performed it did a really good job and didn't deserve that. The people in the UK who arranged and pushed that song need to be lined up against a wall and shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Honestly while watching I would basically go "yep, this is better than UK's entry" I did that for all but 2, albania and slovenia. I guess it didnt help that both of those songs weren't sung in english but they just lacked any sort of emotion and catchiness.

The best song won in the end, swedens was really good so to was australias (Which bombed in the public voting, probably because, well, they aint in europe), switzerlands should have finished higher imo, my personal favourite was norway I loved the chorus and it was a real fun song but they never get the votes, oh and demarks song was just simply beautiful.
    Australia was very Kate Bush. UK singer did very well. The idiots who pushed that dire song need a firing squad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I wasn't sure watching it but judging by the Israeli reaction to her performance I think she might have put Israel on blast, which is going to be awkward for the media because she's some kind of Jewish (Kabbalah right?).

Either way the reggae section was a banging melody, waaaaaaay too much auto tune on the vocals but I'd put the melody on my play list. Gonna have a YouTube search tomorrow on Quavo.
    Madonna has a good ear and the space reggae was fine. Before that not so much.

Fuck Israel, respect to Iceland.

Britain puts in terrible song.

Britain comes last.

Certain groups of the British (well mostly English) public: See this is proof we're better than europe and they just hate us and using politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Britain comes last.

Certain groups of the British (well mostly English) public: See this is proof we're better than europe and they just hate us and using politics.
    haha did you read the FB page too? The amount of blaming the EU because they're leaving is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    haha did you read the FB page too? The amount of blaming the EU because they're leaving is hilarious
    I have not yet. When I need a laugh I certainly will make my way over there.

The one with the weirdest sexual orientation, obviously, need to push that ideology.
    (music has been shit, it doesn't even matter)

Well, the contestants were boring as always, typical radio running forgettable pop songs with the "cool" opera/metal/traditional exception. The score also had little surprises, eastern europeans countries voting mutually and no sympathy votes for UK or Germany.

But Madonna, ah well, sometimes it's better to leave with some dignity. The new song was not so bad actually, but not really my style. But you can count the times she actually hit the right notes for her "like a prayer" on two hands. Considerig the amount of autotune the second song had, I don't dare to imagine how this would have sounded without.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    The one with the weirdest sexual orientation, obviously, need to push that ideology.
    (music has been shit, it doesn't even matter)
    Took a while for the homophobia to show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Took a while for the homophobia to show up.
    Never understood this need some people feel to police reproductive organs of others.

Ah yes, Eurosong...we have tradition to get some drinks and point and laugh how bad everything is about it. For the last 25 - 30 years this turned into politically rigged contest of worst songs written that year.

Highlight of the evening was watching countries like Sweden and France trying to show everyone how progressive and inclusive they are only to miserably fail thanks to the popular vote.

We also saw France giving us a comic relief by putting a morbidly obese "ballerina" on stage like we haven't laughed enough up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Assorted Whip View Post
    Ah yes, Eurosong...we have tradition to get some drinks and point and laugh how bad everything is about it. For the last 25 - 30 years this turned into politically rigged contest of worst songs written that year.

Highlight of the evening was watching countries like Sweden and France trying to show everyone how progressive and inclusive they are only to miserably fail thanks to the popular vote.

We also saw France giving us a comic relief by putting a morbidly obese "ballerina" on stage like we haven't laughed enough up to that point.
    Then you would have liked ESC2019 better. The balance is shifting to professionality and quality, if you forget about what Iceland and Australia sended through

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

Britain comes last.

The insistence on always being last on Eurovision is the only thing that makes me proud of this stupid country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Software View Post
    Then you would have liked ESC2019 better. The balance is shifting to professionality and quality, if you forget about what Iceland and Australia sended through
    Some people just can't handle how amazing Iceland was, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Software View Post
    Theatrics mean little when your songs are bland and generic crap. Music is for listening and not for watching although this is reversed today.

Haha hilarious, Madonna published her "performance" on her youtube channel, and if there was ever a doubt that you can "audioshop" whatever you want, there you have the proof:

Don't miss the youtube comments

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who made it to the finals are in my book winners, but of course Madonna has to fly in and steal the show...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Eurovision contest is a complete and utter pile of trash.

The best piece of music in this whole show is in fact the Eurovision intro theme which is based on a piece of music from the late 17th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Te_Deum_(Charpentier)