Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKajan View Post
    Hi guys, im considering a new system for Classic (and the next few xpaxs).

Case
    COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX LITE 5 RGB GAMING CASE
    Processor (CPU)
    AMD Ryzen 5 2500X Quad Core CPU (3.6GHz-4GHz/10MB CACHE/AM4)
    Motherboard
    ASUS® TUF X470-PLUS GAMING (DDR4, 6Gb/s, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
    Memory (RAM)
    16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2933MHz ~ (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card
    8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX® 12 ()
    1st Storage Drive
    1TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
    1st M.2 SSD Drive
    256GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 520 MB/W)
    Power Supply
    CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
    Processor Cooling
    STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
    Make another thread so people will see it

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to see what real-world CPU requirements there will be for classic. Checked out the Beta yesterday and could confirm for myself that it seems to be based on 7.3, so at least initially it looks to be no fancy CPU multithreading like we got in BFA. This could put a damper in it for lower clocked multi-core processors being unable to stretch their legs, but at the same time the amount of combat data in need of processing should still be substantionally lower than what we have in Retail.

Won't know until we get to see 40 man raiding, really. Or a careful evaluation from someone during some streamer-organized world-pvp event.

I installed WoW BfA without the GPU - recommended graphics settings in game is 3, things look pretty pixelated and out-of-focus but I get a stable 40-50fps+ in town around a bunch of other players.

Then I installed the RX 570 that arrived today - recommended settings is 7, I'm getting 80fps+ in town. I increased it to 10, and I still get 50fps+ in town. Things are looking good.

This is great! I guess I'll have to experiment in more intensive environments to find the optimal setting. Looks like whether or not I am bottlenecked because of my 4th gen CPU, adding the GPU was a huge boost.

Thanks for all the help.

Good to hear. You can always do a minor overclock on your cpu by upping the frequency. Your multiplier is locked but you can still squeeze some free performance out of it.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Good to hear. You can always do a minor overclock on your cpu by upping the frequency. Your multiplier is locked but you can still squeeze some free performance out of it.
    Depends on the MOBO. Unless it's a Z-series, you can't really mess with the baseclock

My mobo is a Biostar Hi-Fi B85N. Not sure if it's possible, but from what I'm seeing online, some people have been able to OC by changing to a different BIOS version. I've never overclocked before because of fear of reducing the lifespan of the hardware.