Poll: Which Expansion will be the last?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

If Classic actually evolves into other expansions, where will they stop?

Let's say they actually go through with this approach, where will they stop (in your opinion)?

[QUOTE=Puthred;51207747]Let's say they actually go through with this approach, where will they stop?[/QUOTE

I think dedicated servers for each expansion, not progressing like after Classic

How we know. We dont even know if they keep going after classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    That's why I said "if" and "in your opinion"

if its gonna happen then i'd play everything from tbc up to mop.. everything after mop can just burn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    they confirmed in an interview recently that if the 'classic' experience is successful they will do TBC and WOTLK servers, as to the question in hand they will stop at WOTLK, the current live game is based around the cataclysm starting experience so they won't do a cataclysm server unless they revamp the current live game starter experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    they confirmed in an interview recently that if the 'classic' experience is successful they will do TBC and WOTLK servers, as to the question in hand they will stop at WOTLK, the current live game is based around the cataclysm starting experience so they won't do a cataclysm server unless they revamp the current live game starter experience.
    again it was just asked specifically about tbc/wotlk.. they never specifically said that its gonna be just tbc and wrath and nothing else

i dont think that world revamp has anything to do with it, cuz the game was still vastly different in cata/mop compared to BFA

I don't think there's enough of a dedicated community to justify anything beyond Burning Crusade and maybe Wrath. WotLK was a mediocre expansion, imo, but it would be nice to go back to the days of being able to tank as a primarily-frost DK.

Vanilla to Wotlk obviously.

Cata is where literally everything changed
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

I'm hoping they'll release a WotLK one.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I don't think there's enough of a dedicated community to justify anything beyond Burning Crusade and maybe Wrath. WotLK was a mediocre expansion, imo, but it would be nice to go back to the days of being able to tank as a primarily-frost DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I'm hoping they'll release a WotLK one.
    WOTLK was unique I think...

It was like its own thing, different from TBC and Vanilla and different from Cataclysm to today

Ion said it was never going to happen. So no need to speculate about it

1. yes they will keep going past classic
    2. it won't be a new server per expansion, but they'll open a new 'classic' server each time they add a new expansion to a previous server
    3. in the end you'll wind up with half a dozen (at least) different servers at different stages of expansion progression

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    again it was just asked specifically about tbc/wotlk.. they never specifically said that its gonna be just tbc and wrath and nothing else

i dont think that world revamp has anything to do with it, cuz the game was still vastly different in cata/mop compared to BFA
    i think you need to reread what i said again.

My prediction is that classic servers will be a big flop, with barely enough interest to keep them running, so they won't expand on the idea of adding more past time servers that people think they want, but they don't.

It will go exactly like this.

Current day: "Omg.. bfa sucks! i want vanilla wow!"

Classic: "Omg.. new classic-server sucks! i want TBC-wow!"

TBC: "Omg... TBC-server sucks! i want wotlk-wow!"

Yeah... have enough nostalgia-people and they will push because as soon as they realize classic wasnt what they expected they will start crying about something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to consider Vanilla-Wrath to be the "Classic" era of WoW. Cata was the first expansion to be disliked and the game has been up and down since then.

WotLK.

"Old WoW" faced many deaths over the course of each expansion. But the two biggest where WotLK LFD and Cata with LFR. Those two features pretty much forever transformed the course of the game. But beyond that Cataclysm introduced a bunch of shitty zone changes that are still accessible today.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    It will go exactly like this.

Current day: "Omg.. bfa sucks! i want vanilla wow!"

Classic: "Omg.. new classic-server sucks! i want TBC-wow!"

TBC: "Omg... TBC-server sucks! i want wotlk-wow!"

Yeah... have enough nostalgia-people and they will push because as soon as they realize classic wasnt what they expected they will start crying about something else.
    i dunno, i say that bfa sucks, i think vanilla is great, but i think that tbc/wrath are better.. even b4 classic was announced i liked it more, but its also understandable that people might enjoy other expansions cuz they were all fucking different

most people that prefer tbc/wrath to vanilla were saying it b4 classic became a thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i dunno, i say that bfa sucks, i think vanilla is great, but i think that tbc/wrath are better.. even b4 classic was announced i liked it more, but its also understandable that people might enjoy other expansions cuz they were all fucking different
    Thats one of the more "sane" views on it. I can understand your standpoint for sure. Vanilla was fucking epic. I personally dont think that feeling can ever be appreciated on the same scale again tho. Sure.. i can create a toon on classic and get the nostalgia going for a few weeks but for me personally its inevitable to sooner or later realize that it wont ever be the same experience. But i guess thats EXACTLY where the community is divided.

Ill say this. Im happy for everyone who plays classic and gets to relive those feelings again 100%. Thats epic.
    I dont believe thats possible tho. I wont ever get to relive the same feeling i had the first time i had sex. I think the comparison is kind of similar