Poll: Which Expansion will be the last?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    For real if they do it, they should stop at TBC. Everything went bad when WOTLK came out. If WOTLK had so much subscribers it was thanks to the momentum created by TBC. The mindset used to design vanilla was what people loved. Then they slowly shifted to a "modern" mindset which ultimately led to BfA. People don't seem to realize that WOTLK was the beginning of the end.
    - Too much levels
    - Different raid level
    - Different raid size
    - LFG
    - Corrupted PVP where every fuckin class had 2-3 bubles/ice block/vanish/deterence... and death knight ruining the classic fight synergy with their death grip and AMS

Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    Let's say they actually go through with this approach, where will they stop (in your opinion)?
    Wrath. That's the last "Vanilla" expansion before errr'ythang went fuckery up with Cataclysm. I hate Cata for a ton of reasons that didn't need to be done. Dungeon 0.5/1 sets, Warlock/Paladin mount quests, getting rid of Shendra'lar faction, Benediction gone, etc. Cataclysm is what the world we're in now is like with phasing and all that. Vanilla WoW didn't have that.

That said, I liked Wrath. Specifically the Crusader's Seals for BoA gear. I farmed the shit out of those seals to get all the BoA gear I could. Plus I loved how the LK was almost always around in any zone you were in while questing.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My realistic guess is Wrath, which I think is where they'd stop. My hope is that they'd just make at least one set of servers (PvP, PvE, RP, RP-PvP) for every expansion.

I REALLY hope they stop with wotlk, what came after is not really wow anymore
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    i gain the happiness knowing that private server players can finally go away
    You're pretty easy to entertain huh?

that explains why you like retail lmao

You're pretty easy to entertain huh?

that explains why you like retail lmao
    ive been playing since vanilla buddy, been around since 6months after release. Ive enjoyed every iteration of the game, and i dont pretend that there were never any issues. Does BFA have issues, yes. Is it terrible? no its not

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    ive been playing since vanilla buddy, been around since 6months after release. Ive enjoyed every iteration of the game, and i dont pretend that there were never any issues. Does BFA have issues, yes. Is it terrible? no its not
    So have I, buddy, and yea there were issues. That doesn't mean people can't enjoy it more than this shit show that is BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC.
    wotlk killed dungeons.

but, it must be on seperate servers.
    either copy a char, or brand new start.

cause i not going to play classic, unless i know for a fact that the character i make will stay level 60 forever.
    they REALLY need to answer this asap.

So have I, buddy, and yea there were issues. That doesn't mean people can't enjoy it more than this shit show that is BFA.
    shit show? pfft lol bro what exactly do you have to do at vanilla end game? farm mats, do dungeons and raids. what do you have to do at BFA endgame? farm mats, farm mythic+ dungeons, farm raids...............i dont see the problem here lol sounds like you're just trash

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be amazing if they reimagined a new path from classic into an all new expansion. I'm sure the player base will warrant the resources. They could change the story line into an all new direction. With the retrospect of 15 years I bet there are things they wish they could do a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i have gotten the impression that if there will be any additional content, it will not be moving on to TBC.. WotLK.. etc.

or there wont be a reason for me to play.

i dont need a virtual reset timer on my progression.

any dungeons/raids will be for level 60, but of course more difficult. requiring better and better gear.
    i could see professions going over 300 though.
    and maybe some new battlegrounds. brand new.

so any progression will not be 2.0 ... 3.0 ..etc
    but rather, 1.13 1.14 ...etc
    it's highly doubtful they will focus resources on making new content for a classic only server compared to spending those resources on highest live expansion or next expansion. classic realm will probably have 10% the population live realms have, at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    TBC.
    wotlk killed dungeons.

but, it must be on seperate servers.
    either copy a char, or brand new start.

cause i not going to play classic, unless i know for a fact that the character i make will stay level 60 forever.
    they REALLY need to answer this asap.
    if they make a TBC realm I'd expect them to offer a free one-way transfer of your classic server char to this new server. so either keep it at 60 on classic realm, or progress further on the new realm.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who are praising Wrath and shitting on Cata. They're extremely similar in what they did for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    if they make a TBC realm I'd expect them to offer a free one-way transfer of your classic server char to this new server. so either keep it at 60 on classic realm, or progress further on the new realm.
    Ideally keeping the Phase the character is on. Wouldn't be nice seeing Naxx geared characters on a restart server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter where it end, the important thing is that it's not FORCED like TBC was.

I wanna play classic forever, be 60 this autumn, in 2 years and in 10 years. Don't touch classic!

They'll almost certainly just give you the option between staying on classic or moving to a TBC realm of sorts. (Or moving to a pure classic realm and upgrade everyone else to TBC by default)