Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    For someone who sucks at utilizing the AH and professions like me.
    Once I hit Badlands, start farming earth elemental for Elemental Earth. Between vendor trash and full stacks of EE, I don't recall now how much Gold per Hour this yields but x2 full XP bars should get you well over the needed amount.

If you are on a PvP server, get ready to fight players for it -even level 60's farm here.

Luckily they have several spawn areas ranging in level.

How I level is: Get quests from HUB, kill everything between me and quest, kill everything on the way back .. If I find a nice spot to grind, stay until bags full. NEXT I always PvP the last full level no matter what until I cap at 8 or 9 -I forget.

First character is always Skinning/Mining ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not hard, just tedious....
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Depends how old the server is to be honest. A fresh server gold is tricky on a older one its pretty trivial.

It is harder then live but not by a massive amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you pick a warrior to level up then take mining/blacksmithing and craft all your own gear so that way you can keep your quest reward money and other sources of income relatively untouched, if you're gonna pick a cloth wearer tailoring does the same thing and i would pair that with enchanting and again farm up cloth to craft to make your own gear as you level and save your money from quests etc for it, that being said you and a lot of people have this misguided notion you will be earning 'gold' while you level, you will earn silver, and copper, lots and lots of copper, which you will need to keep farming to accumulate the gold necessary for training mount speed (the mounts themselves are relatively cheap compared to the skill costs).

Back in vanilla I spent an entire weekend running a farming route killing elementals to loot their mats. I'd then sell those on the AH. I didn't really know what I was doing but eventually I made enough gold for the epic mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will let you all in on a little secret.
    at least it was when is tarted doing it back in 2004
    i'm guessing everyone now knows about it.

get a friend on the opposite faction, and make a deal.
    park two characters at the GZ AH.
    trade each other faction-specific pets through the AH, like the cats from alliance and snakes from horde, and many more.
    even back then, when there were no pet battles.. they sold like crazy, for insane prices. on the regular AH obviously.

Also, if you play a rogue, make a pickpocket->opener macro while you're leveling.
    you will often pickpocket potions which sell good in vanilla.
    even the low level mana ones.

If you want the gold fast, maybe even on a PVP server with higher difficulty, professions ist really not the best way.

This is from real vanilla (EU) so the gold farming had to be faster, because the release was much later in EU.

If your class choice is smart, you have lots of possibilities to do the gold farming quick and easy.
    Got a Hunter? You might want to check out the Maraudon-SOLO-Hunter-guides, lots of NPC-sell gold/time without any AH/player interaction. It overtook herb/mining pretty fast in vanilla and since its not gear dependant, it was used even by the chinese-gold-farmers - yes it was better than 24/7 herb/mining.

Got a Rogue? You have lots of mining options with stealth&CC. Things like ArcaniteReaper for late game force lots of players into BS and guilds will pay whatever you want for ore. The demand wont be satisfied with the AH only, you can just COD the ore to whatever price you want, you don't even have to use the AH.

Most other gathering professions got only worthwhile with the silithus gate opening and guilds paying huge amounts of gold for the server wide support.

Just be smart, don't listen to players with zero vanilla experience.
    -

How easy it is to make money really does depend on your class/spec. If you're looking to mostly farm mobs for cloth, leather, crafting materials, greens and such, some classes like hunters, warlocks and (frost) mages are way more proficient at that than others, due to reduced downtime, ease of pulling, (aoe-)kiting, multi-dotting, etc.

That said, most professions were pretty decent for gold back in the day tbh. Even the actual crafting ones, because of both specializations and rare/world drop recipes (and faction ones as well). You simply couldn't have all recipes on a single character, and getting those you could required a combination of time, effort, luck and gold.
    People were always looking for things like Black Dragonscale Set, Stormshoud Set, Mithril & Thorium armor sets, Phantom Blade, etc, especially on RP servers. Even simple shitty enchants like Beastslaying would sell like crazy just because it added a glow to your weapon. ^_^

Also, people would tend to actually tip quite decently if you had a recipe they needed crafted.

Plenty of farmable boe dungeon drops and crafting materials sold pretty decent as well: Defias armor pieces, Deviate Scales, Dungeon set bracers/belts/gloves and such. I recall farming many stealth runs of LBRS with with three Rogues and another Druid for Shadowcraft Gloves and Greater Fire Protection Potion recipes... ^_^

Even silly/fun stuff like Savory Deviate Delight, Elixir of Giant Growth, Ogre Tannin and Orb of Deception.

Although certainly not as reliable to farm, but rare world drop blues and epics like the Staff of Jordan, Skullflame Shield and the two frost and shadow rings (forgot their names) and some of the rare pets (dragon whelplings) sold really good as well. And on RP servers, even more so. Items like Blade of the Basilisk and such.

I used to sell many, many, many fish as well, like Stonescale Eel and Deviate Fish.

Overall, Vanilla had way more useful items and crafting materials to sell as a whole tbh. And I'm assuming that twinking is going to be a big thing for some people once again as well. Lots of money to be made there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont buy all the spells

It's not hard at all, it's just a matter of putting time into it, and to not underestimate the value of picking up everything that drops.

There are a few great money spinners for classic. Remember, professions were not total garbage in vanilla and there are a lot of things people need to be raid ready, such as general consumables and resistance gear. In fact, resistances being a thing again will be a great way to earn money. Crafting resistance gear or resistance pots (fire primarily, but shadow for those in Naxx) is a way to go. Also knowing what special materials are needed for some of the epic craftables is a good starting point too. I personally managed ot get a single epic mount in vanilla, and I did it by farming for acids (but in a super duper sneaky way :3)
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    But were they actually selling for that amount? Its only needed for priests for Benediction quest, so demand is very limited. I played priest, farmed Eye of Shadow with help of few guildies and all other priests in guild did the same. None of us purchased eye from auction house.
    Yes. On other servers more progressed servers I've seen them low as 150g.