Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic will have alot of players the first 6 months and then i will fade out
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    That's what the Classic folk want though ... to sit in IF/Org on their epic mount with full Twhatever while the unwashed masses of plebs adore and worship them
    Which is ironic when you think about it, everyone whinged about sitting around doing nothing, and soon enough they will have plenty of it.. lol

One thing though I think those days of people going ooh and aah at some decked player are pretty much long gone..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-05-19 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    >Classic had like 6-8 times BFA numbers but Classic is the niche market

nice meme
    Gonna need some sources on those numbers. Everything from official sources points to that as being factually wrong. Most players now a days are casuals and there is a lot more for them in BFA then classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

It will for sure.

Only if we have an WoD like expansion where the devs just jump the ship and starts to work in the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Q : Will Classic(and beyond) overtake Retail WoW? A : Depends on the next expansion, if it's garbage or meh(which it will most likely be) - 100% Yes, it will overtake and WoW will follow OSRS route.

Q : Will Classic(and beyond) overtake BFA? A : Absolutely, in fact - there's nth to overtake, even tho Bfa players prefer to think that they are majority(sweet sweet dellusions), but in reality they are extreme minory(1.5-2.0m subs/of 10-12 potential playerbase).

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    That's what the Classic folk want though ... to sit in IF/Org on their epic mount with full Twhatever while the unwashed masses of plebs adore and worship them
    I'm glad we've moved on from that shit in retail.

Yeah retail is a niche market, but that's okay, retail and classic can still live alongside each other.
    No need to bash each other.

They'll play it for a few months and get burnt out once they realize it takes 40 people to raid and hours of grinding for consumables.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, maybe for a little bit. Counting months, but it will get old and people will complain about the grind like they do now, since the grind was WAY worse back then for almost everything, a small majority will stay after a population boom at launch if people don't get tired of it on beta. But I don't think Old WoW can overtake Modern WoW just because how the market and majority of gamers have changed with the times and how certain things are more favorable now then they were back then.

I do think there's a small chance for Classic to effect current WoW though in design philosophy and ideals, depending on how good it truly does.

Since this is the general, I won't mince my words. Vanilla took the world due to a perfect storm of factors that have been thoroughly analyzed and cannot be reproduced as-is. It lured in amazed new players discovering the genre to a game that was very superior at the time, and massively marketed.

Classic will be nothing like that. Its community will be mostly comprised of old, jaded, nitpicking people. Not amazed newbies.
    Classic will have a very solid core community, but its appeal to new players will be weak. It will not skyrocket.

However, Retail may very well collapse. This is still possible because Blizzard has obviously lost its touch. Classic would then be the more durable WoW experience.

i hope it does great and has a solid population that sticks around, but i don't think it will pass current wow. im sure there will be huge numbers at first, just like any expansion release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Classic overtake Retail?

I don't know, I don't think we'll ever know and I don't care. I'll play both to varying degrees and enjoy them for what they are.

Forums like to construct death matches between games. This isn't that and never will be.

Blizzard is never going to give you monthly or quarterly charts as to which game has more active players.

It's a pointless question with an answer that we will never really know over the long run.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yeah retail is a niche market, but that's okay, retail and classic can still live alongside each other.
    Oh my fuck. You can't be serious. Are you serious?

N/M I red that wrong.

Proceeds to bash Retail but then says we shouldn't bash each other...

No. Classic is less popular than people think.

Also, a lot of the people to play on classic will quit after the first week or two because of how 'hard' and 'unaccommodating' it is. A lot more will quit after the first week or two because that's what people do now.

Very constructive thread, especially with that 40% troll foundation.

In my own house I witnessed someone who started playing regularly in Legion attempt to play Classic while being over-the-top excited for it and stopped playing after about an hour. Meanwhile, my wife and I who have played since the 1st day of release can't get enough of it. So, I agree with the posters who say it's for a niche market and don't feel it will overtake retail until/if they decide to rehash as far as WOTLK. If they do, then yes, I feel the ease of WOTLK and the lore benefit behind it will make it on par.

it might overtake bfa at launch maybe for the first few weeks but classic is extremely niche.
    So its highly unlikely for it to last all that long i personally expect the first wave to give up after a few days.
    Then the second wave to give up after hitting the wall that is the late lvl 30's to early level 40s.
    As at that point most people will run out of out of quests and be too low level to do the next dungeon up and be too high level for the current dungeon.
    leaving them with no choice but to grind mobs for 3-4+ levels before you can keep on questing / do dungeons which might not sound a lot.
    But i remember it taking a good 3+ weeks of grinding and a lot of current wow players play as a lone wolf and never talk to others which will slow things down ever more.