Page 18 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nope.. Never..

Classic will tank hard.. After 3 months, there will be only a hand full of die hard fans left.
    And if we rewind a couple of years, you'd be amongst the people telling us "Stop talking about Classic it will NEVER happen." Linking us to the "Wall of no".
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Nope.. Never..

Classic will tank hard.. After 3 months, there will be only a hand full of die hard fans left.
    The feedback from pretty much everyone who has played so far is that classic is a lot more engaging than retail.

IMO: I think that the hype will be huge, mostly due to the players that were there 15 years ago. I also think that the newer players will give it a try.
    So there will be a lot of players at the start, however the players will drop fast throughout the leveling process and a lot of players won't even get to see endgame (or even lvl 60).
    I remember watching the beta streamers, even some veteran WoW gamer, that then complained about how slow the game is, or even complained about some details that were shit. Well, thats classic, a lot of things arent what we are used to now. And therefore I think that a lot of players will quit classic after a short while.

I also remember some streamers saying: classic, lol, that shit is gonna be so simple and easy. But its actually the opposite: retail is simple and easy, classic is hard af!

So my guess: huge hype, lots of players at the beginning. Huge drop afterwwards, and only a few will remain and go into endgame.

I think Classic might be the wake up call Blizzard need to see why this game has been falling hard the past few years. BfA isn't a MMORPG, it's no where near it, this game stopped being that during Legion.

I think classic has a lot of potential to over take BfA, BfA is in a really rough spot at the moment. I looked at how many guilds from my old server are still around and 3/4 no longer play, only 2-5 people out of 50+ from my old guild still log in, yes this is a small number in the grand scheme of things but it surely is a hint of what is going on with BfA. ( go look on WoWProgress and see how many guilds are raiding from the start of BfA to now)

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    The feedback from pretty much everyone who has played so far is that classic is a lot more engaging than retail.
    Ah yes. The feedback from people who opted in to the beta. How convincing.

Nope.. Never..

Exactly. It's like saying "just wait until secret of mana is on the servers. Noone will play retail WoW anymore."

- super old models
    - no transmog
    - ugly assets, textures
    - 60% of the talent trees are for the bin
    - hybrids lol what? (Except maybe feral tanks)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    It's not engaging. It's not complex. It's just time intensive.
    It's like saying cutting a tree with a knife is engaging.
    Playing ugly (horde) characters doesn't make you an interesting person!
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

Yes, it is highly probable espescially after beta launch and really good reception. Maybe they will redo whole thing or add new story/quests and just go more in RP than grind/zerg hack n slash gameplay style :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    HIGHER DIFFICULTY LEVELS ARE NOT RELEVANT. How can you still dont understand it. Classic do no have LFR. For this simple fact retail wont ever be harder becouse retail have easy mods and classic dont. Nobady gives **** about mythic raids nboady. It is same content as LFR raids and becouse it is same content you can say you finish raiding content after finish LFR. You cant say i have finished naxx if you didnt finish naxx becouse it have no LFR.

And yes even modern raids dies on day 1 and yes again swaping to mythic difficulty do not make that raid somehow unbeaten. It was beaten, cleared, finish in LFR or normal = raid is done. Remove easy mods from retail than we can talk how is retail more difficult. Until than we cant.
    Vanilla raids are about the same difficulity as lfr tho

Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    No they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Exactly. It's like saying "just wait until secret of mana is on the servers. Noone will play retail WoW anymore."

- super old models
    - no transmog
    - ugly assets, textures
    - 60% of the talent trees are for the bin
    - hybrids lol what? (Except maybe feral tanks)

- - - Updated - - -

It's not engaging. It's not complex. It's just time intensive.
    It's like saying cutting a tree with a knife is engaging.
    No it is like saying cutting a tree with axe is engaging. Which actualy is. But you use chainsaw and just cut it down without engagement.

No they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

No it is like saying cutting a tree with axe is engaging. Which actualy is. But you use chainsaw and just cut it down without engagement.
    Yeah sure. May I ask which class you leveled in vanilla? Maybe I just played a different game
    Playing ugly (horde) characters doesn't make you an interesting person!
    Vynd
    Zorn
    Pheraz
    Qil
    Licht + many more

When you rate them with a "modern" perspective and adjusted classes etc. Vanilla raids were quite difficult because of various reasons (difficulty to get good gear, class design etc.). Pretty sure that Classic / TBC raids without four difficulties are - respective to their time - a lot more difficult than nowadays raids.

The major point is that the raids were hierarchic whereas raids in "modern" WoW aren't. Difficulties are. So what might be Mythic today was AQ40/Nax in Classic.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

No they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

They sure are lol. The hardest part about vanilla raiding is farming consumeables for them.

They sure are lol. The hardest part about vanilla raiding is farming consumeables for them.
    Have you ever raided in Vanilla? Doesn't seem so. Sure a lot of bosses are fire and forget. But something like Warlock tanking twins in AQ40 or Priests controlling mobs to tank Razuvious in Nax are tactics that have never been used again. That was difficult and engaging and mostly something different from the usual tank and spank. Classes and specs mattered in Vanilla. Classes nowadays have been marginalized to death.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    you have no idea how wrong you are when you assume retail and vanilla are anywhere near the similar game... it's both adorable and sad at the same time. so precious.
    The combat is essentially identical, the grouping is essentially identical, the pvp system is essentially identical, the item system is essentially identical. There are some differences, like i said, but comparing it to OSRS vs RS3 which are HUGELY different is just hilarity.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Have you ever raided in Vanilla? Doesn't seem so. Sure a lot of bosses are fire and forget. But something like Warlock tanking twins in AQ40 or Priests controlling mobs to tank Razuvious in Nax are tactics that have never been used again. That was difficult and engaging and mostly something different from the usual tank and spank. Classes and specs mattered in Vanilla. Classes nowadays have been marginalized to death.
    I have, and it is not even close to any mythic boss i've tried in legion or bfa (except maybe first 3 of each tier)

And yes even modern raids dies on day 1 and yes again swaping to mythic difficulty do not make that raid somehow unbeaten. It was beaten, cleared, finish in LFR or normal = raid is done. Remove easy mods from retail than we can talk how is retail more difficult. Until than we cant.
    Which is why people only care about world first LFR when new raids are released and then go back to playing the dotas.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I saw his video and I can only think of that opinion is like an ass, everyone has it.
    Last edited by OneWay; 2019-05-20 at 11:28 AM.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

For a week, absolutely.
    Synek - best rogue in the world

Most players will be switching back and forth. Play Classic on non-raid nights, just to level again and laugh at how inconvenient everything was back then.

Very briefly, for maybe the first week or two, classic will have more players. It will be exciting and new, and all your guild mates will be there. And then a new raid patch will launch on retail, and that will be the end of that.

But the official numbers will never see the light of day anyway, because nobody at Activision wants to admit how few players there are these days.

I hardly doubt it, more over I do not believe it is possible.
    It will be successful but will not overtake.
    And yeah, I will play only Classic.