Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Raiding was addictive, ranking up in pvp was addictive, gearing up was addictive. Hell, I even spent hours farming the various whelpling pets. Getting my fishing skill up just so I could summon the fish boss in ZG.

There were a ton of addictive things about Vanilla at the time.
    The farming of whelpling pets did come later for me.
    Gearing up was also, but all games have that, i didnt get gm in pvp because i already had simular gear i stopped at fm.
    But if you compare to retail, vanilla have alot less of the addict triggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    The farming of whelpling pets did come later for me.
    Gearing up was also, but all games have that, i didnt get gm in pvp because i already had simular gear i stopped at fm.
    But if you compare to retail, vanilla have alot less of the addict triggers.
    For some people...
    I find achievement and transmog collecting turn me off from the game.
    It killed my addiction to WoW.

I was fully addicted between Vanilla and BC, started to wane in WotLK when Achievements were added.
    By the time Cata arrived I was basically just visiting WoW from time to time.

When I started on a Vanilla pserver, I got fully addicted again. But it was shutdown.
    Can't wait for Classic.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    For some people...

I was fully addicted between Vanilla and BC, started to wane in WotLK when Achievements were added.

When I started on a Vanilla pserver, I got fully addicted again. But it was shutdown.
    Can't wait for Classic.
    Im getting to where you are. Ach got me addicted for awhile now its just a pain since i cant solo them.
    I probably will leave wow when a d2 remaster comes lol

We won't know. Blizzard will never ever ever release those numbers. Nothing would be poison to your game more if it turns out more people are playing an older version of your game rather than the current version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    For some people...

Can't wait for Classic.
    How? I can get quality of the game turning you off of it but how does an optional system turn you off of a game? That just makes no sense.

It 100% will at launch.

32 pages late to the circle jerk but theres not a fucking chance of God's green earth that Classic will come even close to retail.

Theres going to be a small hardcore Classic following after the initial hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    How? I can get quality of the game turning you off of it but how does an optional system turn you off of a game? That just makes no sense.
    First, everything I had achieved in Vanilla and BC were not included, so that was the first turn-off.
    Then came the "link achievement for invite" crowd.
    Then came transmog, and all the cool stuff over the years I had collected, but deleted, now came back to haunt me.

Finally, it just became a "chores list".
    I would rather experience the game for what it is, instead of have a "to-do list" of things I haven't done yet.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Actually, Wrath changed most of those core philosophies. Easy epic gear, catch up mechanics, random dungeon grouping, the ability to reach cap without needing to even speak to another person.

All Wrath additions. Wrath being the expansion that the nostalgia community holds up as the pinnacle of WoW.

You can easily reach cap in Vanilla and TBC. More time but it's easily done. It's how I leveled my first character.

I'm pretty sure at launch it will, but give it a month and it will drop to healthy pop, but not what people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    32 pages late to the circle jerk but theres not a fucking chance of God's green earth that Classic will come even close to retail.

Theres going to be a small hardcore Classic following after the initial hype.
    I don't think you're paying attention to the numbers in retail then because it's only getting worse. It's not going to take much to pass up retail at this point, but the question is how many will stick around to play in a game with no real surprises when it comes to patches, raids, dungeons etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    At launch? Maybe.

overtime? I don't see it happening, classic will probably bring more player to retail and vice versa.

I have to say, I was not, even a little bit, hyped for classic. But seeing the streams... it reignited a fire in me that I did not know I had.

Pretty good time to be alive if you ask me
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

For me the whole "classic was so much better" is like saying VHS was so much better. BFA has problems just like vanilla had problems. For me the major issues with the whole classic thing is:

1. You start fresh again and lose out on everything you have achieved in the game over all these years, and if you like me have a main character you care about even outside raiding then the whole idea of restarting from scratch feels really useless. If you're a fotm reroller or period player who is returning or you don't care about the character/account progression then I can see why classic would be appealing I guess.

2. We already know the world and as a player it feels really regressive with the idea of going back and doing 15 year old content again. Part of what makes it all exciting is you are along for the ride and you get to experience the highs and the lows as they happen. For me what made WoW exciting was doing those zones the first few times and exploring the game. Having leveled tons of characters, there's no way I would enjoy going back to leveling in those zones.

3. I haven't seen it discussed much but what about class balance? Back when vanilla was current, people would play all the different classes because we didn't really know how things would change and they all had gimmicks to sell us on. But now, revisiting vanilla again, we know how it played out, we know what classes were good and what specs weren't desirable. We also know for a 40-man raid you would typically have a mix of the different classes. I'm curious now with the average mentality of players being a lot more "fotm" how you're gonna convince people to play the crap specs that are still needed for buffs etc when they know fully that those specs remained crap throughout vanilla. And with how long it takes leveling it also makes re-rolling a much more daunting task.

4. While there are nice things from vanilla and early WoW days that I miss now like the talent trees, feeling like every level mattered and the feeling of gear and upgrades being more exciting, the slow leveling was definitely there to cover up for the lack of endgame content. It didn't feel like a lack of content back then, but I mean people say BFA has no content, but then I think about vanilla and there's no m+, no islands, no warfronts, no WQs or dailies, no arenas, no RBGs, no achievements, mount/pet/tmog farming isn't a thing, and the raids were a lot easier and more streamlined tactics wise.

If this was a HD remake or update of vanilla I would see the appeal to see the world updated, but for me just re-releasing the game as it was at launch feels a bit like if i would switch from cooking on my stove to making a fire by hitting rocks against each other, because "it takes longer to cook that way so you appreciate it more". Sometimes convenience isn't all that bad. I think over 10 years of quality-of-life changes to the game will make a difference. Again, BFA has problems, but I'm a lot more excited to explore new future raids and dungeons than going back and only doing ones I've done countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    The feedback from pretty much everyone who has played so far is that classic is a lot more engaging than retail.
    Yes because it's leveling content
    Hit cap and fast forward a year
    The die hard fans have it

I don't think it will tank but the population will shrink quickly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I don't think you're paying attention to the numbers in retail then because it's only getting worse. It's not going to take much to pass up retail at this point, but the question is how many will stick around to play in a game with no real surprises when it comes to patches, raids, dungeons etc?
    So you have access to the numbers??

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It 100% will at launch.
    Yeah, and it's gonna be dead within 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Yes because it's leveling content
    Hit cap and fast forward a year
    The die hard fans have it

I don't think it will tank but the population will shrink quickly

- - - Updated - - -

So you have access to the numbers??
    WoW 14 old game will have lower populatin after entire year of people playing. What garbage game omg. Dude BFA died after first month.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    WoW 14 old game will have lower populatin after entire year of people playing. What garbage game omg. Dude BFA died after first month.
    Proof??

Point is you think a 14 year old game with content so old and simple that you had the top players in the world just hitting one button will retain players in such an amount that it will over take a game that constantly gets content.

Classic overtaking retail requires a larger population and as I stated before we've seen the content. Ppl will get bored after 6 months of 0 updates and leave.

You don't have any numbers
    Noone has that info
    Calm your shit and actually contribute to a conversation or go in a corner and wank it to classic. Personally IDC because your response was a copy paste of every response questioning classic.

Lmfao no.

For that to happen Classic would have to entice a massive audience of new players. It's a 14 year old game that is massively dated by 2019 game standards.

I dont doubt it will have a dedicated core of players but let's not be delusional about its mass market appeal.

Nope, at least not long term. It will be hugely "successful" on release drawing in millions of players. Then people will get tired of it and move on. A small minority of players that actually enjoy it will stay.

That's my prediction anyways. Either way, totally looking forward to the arguments about who is playing the 'correct' version later.

Also raids will be cleared stupidly fast. Can't wait to see that.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2019-05-22 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Have you guys seen venruki newest video, he was one of the biggest naysayer and retail baby, but look at him now.
    I'd say that he got paid (by Blizz, product advertisement and all) to say that. You will see more and more streamers/influencers "switching sides" closer to actual release :] it's magic!

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I'd say that he got paid (by Blizz, product advertisement and all) to say that. You will see more and more streamers/influencers "switching sides" closer to actual release :] it's magic!
    It’s illegal to advertise a product by being paid for it without disclosing it.