Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance. Classic is for the very hardcore, and its not going to appeal to everyone. It appealed to people 15 years ago because it was what WoW was. However, WoW has developed a LOT since Classic, and I don't see it appealing to a huge base of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Classic is objectively alot better than BFA, I hope it will overtake. The discussions I have with people outside of the game and fansites is always the same "wow was good in the beginning". Alot of previous fans might return.

Sadly too many people look at the what they call "bad" such as class balance etc. Yes, it was not always fair, but that doesnt make it bad, cause it was FUN.

If anything, Blizzard will use "new" Classic releases to fill the content gaps for retail. This will allow retail to go back to longer expansion time frames, allowing developers enough time to deliver an excellent retail expansion every expansion, rather than every other expansion.

Not a damned chance
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I think Classic is objectively alot better than BFA, I hope it will overtake. The discussions I have with people outside of the game and fansites is always the same "wow was good in the beginning". Alot of previous fans might return.

Sadly too many people look at the what they call "bad" such as class balance etc. Yes, it was not always fair, but that doesnt make it bad, cause it was FUN.
    Objectively it’s worse in almost every way stuff like this isn’t about being objective it’s about what people like more ie subjective.

Depends what the future of retail wow brings.

People just gotta realise wow classic & retail are two very different kind of MMOs at this point. And you know what? We get to enjoy both. Im going to play retail and classic. Sometimes maybe only retail, sometimes only classic.

It will be interesting to see how many threads that will be created here and other places about "annoying" stuff in classic. Theres alot of stuff in that version of wow that people have forgotton.

Alot of people will need to "reset" on how they think wow are supposed to be played when entering classic once again. Everything will be slower. Traveling takes time, killing mobs takes time(drink/eat/heal between kills), learning all spells will take time(the cost vs amount of gold you aquire), doing dungeons takes time(Get grp, travel there, clear it) and much more. You cant just respec on the whim. Want to heal/tank in dungeons? Better stay healer or tankspec when leveling, meaning it often will go even slower, especially if you play alot alone.

Will this be a game for many? Yes I believe so. Its obviously a market for it. But overtake retail? hard to say. Gamers today are different than gamers back in 04. People want more fast paced stuff.

Personally i'll enjoy classic and have fun with it. Traveling and exploring the real world of azeroth again will be awesome. Will probably take forever to reach 60, but that dont really matter. The journey matters

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    i think a lot of players will realize they are wrong, whenever they start to play classic.

Have you guys seen venruki newest video, he was one of the biggest naysayer and retail baby, but look at him now.
    wh OMEGALUL ?

OT: maybe on launch for a few weeks, then the numbers will stabilise and 80% of the players left will be the players that wanted vanila in the first place
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-05-19 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not a chance, it appeals to a niche market who very much enjoy it but are nevertheless the minority.
    But retail doesn't appeal to any market, so..
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Depends on Retail. If it doesnt improve and devs dont turn Classic into another Retail but with vanilla content it's 100% possible.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And why is that, if they have never tried live wow..?
    probably because they listened to the vocal minority who say that BfA is a dumpster fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how bad is BfA and how huge the hype about Classic is I would say it's totally possible. At least until the next expansion, then is completely up to Blizzard, if the next expansion is good there is no way Classic can keep up imo.

Classic is a very good, quality product that appeals to a minority of players. Not a small minority, but a minority nonetheless. That isn't a bad thing.

The audience of WoW Retail now is not "WoW Fans" that talk on forums or subreddits, but mostly people that aren't as invested. Still, that number is bigger than those interested in Classic.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since you get both for the same subscription, why does it even have to be a competition? Just play what you like.

never, lol.

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

At the end after Naxx, if it's successful; they'd be foolish not to make more content at 60. In many ways, it'd be a lot easier than developing 9.0 or 10.0.
    they wont make new content for classic, because the community doesnt want new content

they will probably upgrade the servers to TBC at that point and release new fresh Phase 1 vanila servers

I'm going to goof off in classic but I'm not going to dedicate any actual time to it because I have live to play.

We already kinda see ppls reaction to classic in the bugs that aren't bugs list.

Let's say classic gets 3m players at launch
    Fast forward 2 years
    It will lose players because who will screw around in a game where nothing new is happening.

Take live at that launch point let's say 8.2.5 is out and it has 3m players
    Forward 2 years
    Will be at least 9.1
    Constantly adding content is great

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, 100% absolutely no doubt about it. I personally haven't met someone who actually likes modern WoW or the direction it has taken; nearly all of them continue because of the time sink issue.

I'm sure there are some of these zaney clown world MMO-Champ CNN consumers who enjoy the sanitized and overly standardized WoW of today.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Since you get both for the same subscription, why does it even have to be a competition? Just play what you like.
    Because both sides have a short bus of autistic screeching monkeys that want everyone to say that they are playing the only correct version

Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    Yes, 100% absolutely no doubt about it. I personally haven't met someone who actually likes modern WoW or the direction it has taken; nearly all of them continue because of the time sink issue.

I'm sure there are some of these zaney clown world MMO-Champ CNN consumers who enjoy the sanitized and overly standardized WoW of today.
    Imagine being this guy.

I think Classic will have a small following for about 6 months and then fade and die. It will be gone long before the retail product.