Community vs FFXIV

So I’m trying to decide between 8.2 or Shadowbringers. As I’m looking into how both communities are receiving their respective content updates, I couldn’t help but notice how negative and angsty the WoW community is compared to FFXIV’s. Why is this?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    I found it rather interesting before I went to bed that "Goodbye Stormblood" was trending on my twitter. When was the last time WoW fans have actually had a reaction to an expansion ending before? Like for the one that's gone, not the one that's coming.

Honestly I think part of the problem is for whatever reason WoW fans at some point became conditioned to hate the game and to hate Blizzard, but still keep playing.

Also 100% chance this thread is closed.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic:
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Basically, you have a bunch of vengeful exes stirring shit for weird reasons.

Just shrug and move on, really.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Basically, you have a bunch of vengeful exes stirring shit from weird reasons.

Just shrug and move on, really.
    See it's not vengeful exes. I see a lot of this same stuff in game, both retail and the stress tests for Classic.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic:
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

RE: Op

Maybe decide between the games based on their merits and what you prefer rather than public opinion?

It's no secret that the FF community tends to be happier. The FF devs give players a ton of fun stuff, like actually fun stuff, player housing, mostly non-gated flying, etc.

Meanwhile over at WoW I've spent the past 3-4 years being told by some guy who gesticulates wildly and a man-lion who looks completely checked-out what I should think fun is, how I should enjoy things, etc.

There's a clear winner here, even if "which game is better" is a much more difficult discussion (and one without a real answer, honestly).

I'll go where I'm treated like someone whose opinion matters.

This is inevitably going to become a game vs. game thread and so will be closed.

Advice for the OP: For community, check out the forums and see how people behave and how people view the game. For the game itself, check out whatever sources you can find and decide based on your own preferences. We can't tell you what you will and won't like or enjoy.

Closed.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

“Music always has been, since ancient times, at least, something very close to rational thinking and to mathematics”- Iannis Xenakis