1. #1

    Question Are the new reps for pf2 gated > 1 month?

    I wouldn't mind knocking out pathfinder if I can do it in one subscription cycle. If it takes 5 weeks I won't bother.

  2. #2
    Yes? I suppose.

    I mean it depends on how you grind your rep. If you just do quests it'll probably take a while, but there are lots of goodies floating around that you can snag that'll give bonus quests.

    Really I'd suggest deep diving into the zones, spending a day or more in each. After that you can just simplify your grind, but frankly there's a LOT going on in this patch. It feels more like expanded max-level launch content. You know, that time before the raid opens up when you're just busy as hell trying to get everything up to snuff and figured out?

    So yeah, get out, explore, have fun.

    The rep grind is only a grind if you're paying attention to it.

  3. #3
    Pretty sure they stated it will take 2-3 weeks for a casual player

  4. #4
    I can go pretty hardcore on rep if it's doable in that timeframe. What I want to know is if it is gated to force a second month's subscription.

  5. #5
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    30,072
    There's guides to rush it. That's why wowhead crashed. They also put raiding essances behind the grind.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic:
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

  6. #6
    Why does it matter if it 'forces a second month's subscription'? The whole point of getting flying is to use it, so why would you claim to be planning to unsubscribe AFTER you finish getting flight?

  7. #7
    *jumps in* What are the best ways to get grind then? I see daylies is like...1,2k? rep pr. day or so. I would like a mob grind like WOD reps =/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  8. #8
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,539
    Like the others in this thread, do not understand the point of wanting to rush fly, if you are unsubbing right after getting it, seems like a complete waste of time..

  9. #9
    Isn't the only way to rush the rep to grind out rares and pray that the rep token drops?

  10. #10
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    If you knew you would run the other way.
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Isn't the only way to rush the rep to grind out rares and pray that the rep token drops?
    As far as I know there are no rep tokens but could be wrong, there might be the contracts though..

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    *jumps in* What are the best ways to get grind then? I see daylies is like...1,2k? rep pr. day or so. I would like a mob grind like WOD reps =/
    Its a lot more, its been 2 resets for EU and I miss like 1k on each to be honored.

    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    As far as I know there are no rep tokens but could be wrong, there might be the contracts though..
    There is for Ankoan/Unshackled.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  12. #12
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,106
    The war campaign that probably gives rep is time gates so bleh

  13. #13
    Mechagon has no emissary which is shitty. The rep gains there seem much slower.
    bluebottom - emerald dream

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The war campaign that probably gives rep is time gates so bleh
    Why would the war campaign give you rep for Nazjatar or Mechagon?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    Mechagon has no emissary which is shitty. The rep gains there seem much slower.
    I'm not sure if the rep there is actually more or less, because the main WQ/daily gives you 800~ combined with the other dailies.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    Mechagon has no emissary which is shitty. The rep gains there seem much slower.
    No it isn't, almost everything gives rep on Mechagon. I got 5150/6k on Rustbolt and 4050/6k on Unshackled.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    Mechagon has no emissary which is shitty. The rep gains there seem much slower.
    Mechagon has the 850rep daily wq, plus A LOT of daily quests, but since most don't appear on the map, people might miss them. If you get jetpacks just fly around the entire island and look around for dailies, there's like 6-7 today, and only 2 were on the main map. Also, the pet battle wqs which most people probably ignore, both on Nazjatar and Mechagon, they give the usual 75rep for WQ, plus some item to turn inm which gave me 250rep on Nazjatar, and 75 on Mechagon.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

  17. #17
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,106
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why would the war campaign give you rep for Nazjatar or Mechagon?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm not sure if the rep there is actually more or less, because the main WQ/daily gives you 800~ combined with the other dailies.
    Cause it takes place in nazjatar. It was giving rep last night.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Mechagon has the 850rep daily wq, plus A LOT of daily quests, but since most don't appear on the map, people might miss them. If you get jetpacks just fly around the entire island and look around for dailies, there's like 6-7 today, and only 2 were on the main map. Also, the pet battle wqs which most people probably ignore, both on Nazjatar and Mechagon, they give the usual 75rep for WQ, plus some item to turn inm which gave me 250rep on Nazjatar, and 75 on Mechagon.
    good to know thanks! I'm guessing at that rate the rep gain is probably quicker then.
    bluebottom - emerald dream

  19. #19
    Some other notes from the unshackled wowhead guide:

    There are a total of 40 rares that randomly spawn across the zone that can be killed once daily for loot and 50 reputation with The Unshackled.

    Pet Battles
    Nazjatar features 12 elite pets that can be challenged at any time. Upon defeating an elite pet for the very first time on a character, players will be awarded an item that can be redeemed for 250 rep with The Unshackled. Players skilled enough to defeat all 12 pets will receive a total of 3000 reputation.

    Also the rep contracts should give you rep from old BfA WQ's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •