Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope that classic will get very sucessfull, so some part of the rpg elements return back to retail. Nevertheless they already said that they want to bring it back to 9.0, i hope it will be nice.

I don't think it will overtake retail, but could alter retail in another direction again.

I'm absolutely sure that Classic will be a lot more popular than the sh*tshow that BfA is. Will it prevail? Most likely not specially if the next expansion is good. But Classic was from the beginning generating A LOT more buzz than BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not.

Mint have a lot of players at the first few months because people will want to try it out. After several months it will be as empty as a low pop server at 3am.

10+ Year Old Account
    We either are "wrong" and will leave the game for good or we are not "wrong" and will continue to play the game like we wanted. Personally, until BfA is over at least, I don't really care about retail at all. Based on the streams, I can't f*cking wait. I was twitch streaming F-S-S for at least 5 hours every day (which is about 4 hours more than the average time I could be interested in retail, literally).
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Most people will quit before level 10. Many will stay under level 10, bored to death behind their keyboard. Don't take a subscription just for that. Try a private server before.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-05-19 at 07:13 PM.

If you prefer Classic, your answer will be "yes". If you prefer retail, it will be "no". We have nothing beyond baseless tribalism to predict which will be more popular. This is partly because we have no idea how popular retail is nor do we know how many people are waiting to play Classic. It is unlikely that Blizzard will lift their silence to give players a comparison between the two games, because that will only harm each of their games. It is why they stopped giving us subscription numbers. People would confirm their biases with those numbers and then go rage on their forums.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Never gonna happen.

As much as you may try to delude yourself, classic isn't going anywhere, it wont be getting new content....sure maybe you and your pals can sit back and pay 15 dollars till the end of its life to do the same thing that has been done a million times over....but there is going to be a lot more interest in new development. Even if it's bad people will still talk about and play the new stuff.

At WoW's worst it still had a few million subs, at what's it face's private server (remember it was free) their peak was one tenth or less of live's worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    100%. Not only will wow classic be far more popular than the naysayers would have us believe; but the state of bfa isn’t exactly encouraging

It isn’t like wow classic is competing with wow at its peak... it’s competing with wow at its lowest
    WoD was the lowest point of WoW not BfA tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Oh the tears of people trying to get to the Deadmines will be amusing
    Several dungeons where you have to fight your way into the instance adding in some cases over 30 minutes to the run is really going to complicate things for many. Needing to repair again before you zone in only to have to spend 15 minutes traveling just to repair and head back. Hitting the respawn wave once you get there. The pacing of combat is so slow mixed with a lot of downtime after pulls which runs contrary to what the warrior tank is going to want to do as any residual rage they have melts away. Some will embrace it for what it is. Many are going to be eating heaps of crow while they are shocked about how things are.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Never gonna happen.

As much as you may try to delude yourself, classic isn't going anywhere, it wont be getting new content....sure maybe you and your pals can sit back and pay 15 dollars till the end of its life to do the same thing that has been done a million times over....but there is going to be a lot more interest in new development. Even if it's bad people will still talk about and play the new stuff.
    Classic with all of its content patches has more content than Legion and BfA combined so... Classic can easily last one year or longer. And I am sure if Classic is a success TBC and all the other expansions will follow.

Pretty sure WoW Retail right now has less subs than we had during the end of Classic. So actually WoW wasn't in a worse spot than it is right now due to Blizzard's massive and plentiful failures in the last 12+ months.

Blizzard created Classic to round up every forum "Retail" bashing neckbeard into one cesspool, so that the rest of the normal player base may enjoy their game in peace. So no.

Maybe for like the first few days if nothing is going on in the real game. Then everyone will be bored of being low level and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Of course not. Classic has 0 chance overtake retail.

It is hard to understand why this question even exist...
    I don't know, blizzard has developed this nasty habit of making people wait a loooong ass time between expansions. I would not be surprised if there is a time when more people are in classic than live. Unlikely, but if you think about it it may happen. It is also why I think live and classic may be unlikely great companions. Blizzard should have done this years ago.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Matheney2k, if all the players who left throughout the years are coming back, just a small percentage of them, they will have a bigger population than retail.
    I mean from personal perspective I think one of the 50+ I used to play with back then is thinking about playing the rest have all said no thanks (myself included). It's grreat you are excited but don't get your hopes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Classic with all of its content patches has more content than Legion and BfA combined so... Classic can easily last one year or longer. And I am sure if Classic is a success TBC and all the other expansions will follow.

Pretty sure WoW Retail right now has less subs than we had during the end of Classic. So actually WoW wasn't in a worse spot than it is right now due to Blizzard's massive and plentiful failures in the last 12+ months.
    I forgot the name of the bloody server....but at its peak it only had 100 to 200k followers and that was free. You're insane if you really think current WoW has less than a 100-200k subs. You're also insane if you think millions of people are gonna sub for classic.

Most people have done all classic has to offer....they've done raids...quests...ect ect. There is no mystery and they sure as hell aren't going to be as challenging as they were back when vanilla was vanilla. Everything will be analyzed and down to death....there will also be many tools available that weren't back then.

The beta has also proven people can't handle vanilla, reporting all kinds of things as bugs, which I'm sure those mechanics will drive some people away.

You're just fooling yourself if you think vanilla is going to overtake live.

I forgot the name of the bloody server....but at its peak it only had 100 to 200k followers and that was free. You're insane if you really think current WoW has less than a 100-200k subs. You're also insane if you think millions of people are gonna sub for classic.

Uhm I said during the end of Classic when WoW had several million subs in the lower regions, not 100-200k on a private server or whatever.

You're fooling yourself if you think it won't be so. The hype and buzz about Classic has ALWAYS been a lot more than about BfA. Classic announcement in 2017 was a lot more popular than BfA announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    It’s certainly possible.
    Only thing retail really has going for it is mythic+ and even that ain’t going so great.
    40man raids will be rough in classic.

I’ll be playing classic, don’t think I’ll play retail again unless things change dramatically.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people have done all classic has to offer....they've done raids...quests...ect ect. There is no mystery and they sure as hell aren't going to be as challenging as they were back when vanilla was vanilla. Everything will be analyzed and down to death....there will also be many tools available that weren't back then.

The beta has also proven people can't handle vanilla, reporting all kinds of things as bugs, which I'm sure those mechanics will drive some people away.

I’ll be playing classic, private servers are kind of bogus. I’d say most common players think like this. I think it’s crazy 100-200k people missed classic so much they actually went through the effort and dealt with playing on a private server. If anything that tells me classic will easily clear a million people.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

5+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to Classic WoW - General Discussions?

I feel like people ignore it because they want to get a rise out of people.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

how much pot did u guys smoke who are saying that they will do TBC and WOTLK servers too
    u really cant be that stupid and think blizzard will split the small playerbase to 4 different wow versions
    they release classic till naxx and then its done

classic will have alot of players at the start because of all those fortnite hipsterfgtstreamers on twitch, and after 2-3 months its down to 10% of retail player base

also i love classic and i will play it. but as soon as ppl see how GRINDY and NO LIFE wow classic is, they will quit.
    classic take ZERO SKILL even braindead people can get rank 14 in pvp because its TIME >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SKILL