Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What are you even talking about? Classic had millions of subscribers, its peak was somewhere around 8 million before TBC hit. One year after launch Classic almost had 5 million subscribers and that's a lot more than WoW has right now at the moment.

WoW with BfA is at an all time low, you can deny it but it's undeniable and obvious. The main focus until the next expansion is clearly Classic because it generates a lot more buzz then 8.2 or even 8.3 will.
    You talkin about vanilla, not classic, if you truely think that classic will have same sub numbers as vanilla then youre truely delusional, not to mention blizz hasnt stated sub numbers since good four years now so please tell me how YOU actually know how many are subbed, and do me a favor and dont link the twitter from weakauras where they showed "sub numbers" that was debunked as false.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Yes, I think it will for the first few months at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You talkin about vanilla, not classic, if you truely think that classic will have same sub numbers as vanilla then youre truely delusional, not to mention blizz hasnt stated sub numbers since good four years now so please tell me how YOU actually know how many are subbed, and do me a favor and dont link the twitter from weakauras where they showed "sub numbers" that was debunked as false.
    Nice stretch. Vanilla is the same as Classic and I was clearly talking about Classic WoW and not Classic 2019. But it doesn't matter. I never said I expect Classic 2019 to have 5 or 8 million subscribers, I just said it will easily overtake BfA during its launch.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I think a lot of players will realize they are wrong, whenever they start to play classic.
    Nope.. Never..

Classic will tank hard.. After 3 months, there will be only a hand full of die hard fans left.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I think a lot of players will realize they are wrong, whenever they start to play classic.

Have you guys seen venruki newest video, he was one of the biggest naysayer and retail baby, but look at him now.
    I'm curios about how many players actually will try to play both games to their limit, probably alternating in between content draughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You're really going to argue what is new content when you're defending Classic lol. When classic comes out - every single raid boss will die the day it is released (with the exception of ones requiring specific gear like the four horsemen)

I genuine can't believe people are pretending like Classic is harder than retail. The difficulty in Classic came from finding 25-30 players who knew the most basic mechanics so you could do raids - and by basic mechanics I mean hunters who knew when to tranq shot - that pretty much is the apex of vanilla mechanical requirements.

You can't say retail is easy/ easier than a 14 year old game unless you have done the hardest content in retail, you clearly haven't so stop spouting that bullshit idea.
    HIGHER DIFFICULTY LEVELS ARE NOT RELEVANT. How can you still dont understand it. Classic do no have LFR. For this simple fact retail wont ever be harder becouse retail have easy mods and classic dont. Nobady gives **** about mythic raids nboady. It is same content as LFR raids and becouse it is same content you can say you finish raiding content after finish LFR. You cant say i have finished naxx if you didnt finish naxx becouse it have no LFR.

And yes even modern raids dies on day 1 and yes again swaping to mythic difficulty do not make that raid somehow unbeaten. It was beaten, cleared, finish in LFR or normal = raid is done. Remove easy mods from retail than we can talk how is retail more difficult. Until than we cant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Nope.. Never..

Classic will tank hard.. After 3 months, there will be only a hand full of die hard fans left.
    And if we rewind a couple of years, you'd be amongst the people telling us "Stop talking about Classic it will NEVER happen." Linking us to the "Wall of no".
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Nope.. Never..

The feedback from pretty much everyone who has played so far is that classic is a lot more engaging than retail.

IMO: I think that the hype will be huge, mostly due to the players that were there 15 years ago. I also think that the newer players will give it a try.
    So there will be a lot of players at the start, however the players will drop fast throughout the leveling process and a lot of players won't even get to see endgame (or even lvl 60).
    I remember watching the beta streamers, even some veteran WoW gamer, that then complained about how slow the game is, or even complained about some details that were shit. Well, thats classic, a lot of things arent what we are used to now. And therefore I think that a lot of players will quit classic after a short while.

I also remember some streamers saying: classic, lol, that shit is gonna be so simple and easy. But its actually the opposite: retail is simple and easy, classic is hard af!

So my guess: huge hype, lots of players at the beginning. Huge drop afterwwards, and only a few will remain and go into endgame.

I think Classic might be the wake up call Blizzard need to see why this game has been falling hard the past few years. BfA isn't a MMORPG, it's no where near it, this game stopped being that during Legion.

I think classic has a lot of potential to over take BfA, BfA is in a really rough spot at the moment. I looked at how many guilds from my old server are still around and 3/4 no longer play, only 2-5 people out of 50+ from my old guild still log in, yes this is a small number in the grand scheme of things but it surely is a hint of what is going on with BfA. ( go look on WoWProgress and see how many guilds are raiding from the start of BfA to now)

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    The feedback from pretty much everyone who has played so far is that classic is a lot more engaging than retail.
    Ah yes. The feedback from people who opted in to the beta. How convincing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope.. Never..

Exactly. It's like saying "just wait until secret of mana is on the servers. Noone will play retail WoW anymore."

- super old models
    - no transmog
    - ugly assets, textures
    - 60% of the talent trees are for the bin
    - hybrids lol what? (Except maybe feral tanks)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    It's not engaging. It's not complex. It's just time intensive.
    It's like saying cutting a tree with a knife is engaging.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is highly probable espescially after beta launch and really good reception. Maybe they will redo whole thing or add new story/quests and just go more in RP than grind/zerg hack n slash gameplay style :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    HIGHER DIFFICULTY LEVELS ARE NOT RELEVANT. How can you still dont understand it. Classic do no have LFR. For this simple fact retail wont ever be harder becouse retail have easy mods and classic dont. Nobady gives **** about mythic raids nboady. It is same content as LFR raids and becouse it is same content you can say you finish raiding content after finish LFR. You cant say i have finished naxx if you didnt finish naxx becouse it have no LFR.

And yes even modern raids dies on day 1 and yes again swaping to mythic difficulty do not make that raid somehow unbeaten. It was beaten, cleared, finish in LFR or normal = raid is done. Remove easy mods from retail than we can talk how is retail more difficult. Until than we cant.
    Vanilla raids are about the same difficulity as lfr tho

Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    No they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Exactly. It's like saying "just wait until secret of mana is on the servers. Noone will play retail WoW anymore."

- super old models
    - no transmog
    - ugly assets, textures
    - 60% of the talent trees are for the bin
    - hybrids lol what? (Except maybe feral tanks)

- - - Updated - - -

It's not engaging. It's not complex. It's just time intensive.
    It's like saying cutting a tree with a knife is engaging.
    No it is like saying cutting a tree with axe is engaging. Which actualy is. But you use chainsaw and just cut it down without engagement.

15+ Year Old Account
    No they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

No it is like saying cutting a tree with axe is engaging. Which actualy is. But you use chainsaw and just cut it down without engagement.
    Yeah sure. May I ask which class you leveled in vanilla? Maybe I just played a different game
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

When you rate them with a "modern" perspective and adjusted classes etc. Vanilla raids were quite difficult because of various reasons (difficulty to get good gear, class design etc.). Pretty sure that Classic / TBC raids without four difficulties are - respective to their time - a lot more difficult than nowadays raids.

The major point is that the raids were hierarchic whereas raids in "modern" WoW aren't. Difficulties are. So what might be Mythic today was AQ40/Nax in Classic.

No they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

They sure are lol. The hardest part about vanilla raiding is farming consumeables for them.

They sure are lol. The hardest part about vanilla raiding is farming consumeables for them.
    Have you ever raided in Vanilla? Doesn't seem so. Sure a lot of bosses are fire and forget. But something like Warlock tanking twins in AQ40 or Priests controlling mobs to tank Razuvious in Nax are tactics that have never been used again. That was difficult and engaging and mostly something different from the usual tank and spank. Classes and specs mattered in Vanilla. Classes nowadays have been marginalized to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    you have no idea how wrong you are when you assume retail and vanilla are anywhere near the similar game... it's both adorable and sad at the same time. so precious.
    The combat is essentially identical, the grouping is essentially identical, the pvp system is essentially identical, the item system is essentially identical. There are some differences, like i said, but comparing it to OSRS vs RS3 which are HUGELY different is just hilarity.
    Speciation Is Gradual