Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Have you ever raided in Vanilla? Doesn't seem so. Sure a lot of bosses are fire and forget. But something like Warlock tanking twins in AQ40 or Priests controlling mobs to tank Razuvious in Nax are tactics that have never been used again. That was difficult and engaging and mostly something different from the usual tank and spank. Classes and specs mattered in Vanilla. Classes nowadays have been marginalized to death.
    I have, and it is not even close to any mythic boss i've tried in legion or bfa (except maybe first 3 of each tier)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And yes even modern raids dies on day 1 and yes again swaping to mythic difficulty do not make that raid somehow unbeaten. It was beaten, cleared, finish in LFR or normal = raid is done. Remove easy mods from retail than we can talk how is retail more difficult. Until than we cant.
    Which is why people only care about world first LFR when new raids are released and then go back to playing the dotas.
    Speciation Is Gradual

For a week, absolutely.

Most players will be switching back and forth. Play Classic on non-raid nights, just to level again and laugh at how inconvenient everything was back then.

Very briefly, for maybe the first week or two, classic will have more players. It will be exciting and new, and all your guild mates will be there. And then a new raid patch will launch on retail, and that will be the end of that.

But the official numbers will never see the light of day anyway, because nobody at Activision wants to admit how few players there are these days.

I hardly doubt it, more over I do not believe it is possible.
    It will be successful but will not overtake.
    And yeah, I will play only Classic.

classic will overtake retail then blizz will progress to BC servers like 3 years later . Then another 3 years later into WOTLK servers. WE turn into lemmings where we gobble the shit up again that we played 10 years+ ago already. Instead of a real WOW2 blizz just re-releases the same games we played already lol. BIG brain plays . EZ money.

10+ Year Old Account
    But something like Warlock tanking twins in AQ40 or Priests controlling mobs to tank Razuvious in Nax are tactics that have never been used again.
    Warlock (or none tank class) Tanking just off the top of my head.

TBC: Leotheras, High King Maulgar (3 are tanked by none tank classes), Illidari Council (Zerevor tanked by mage)
    BFA: Restless Cabal (ranged tank on higher difficulties)

I know there are others, but you get the point.
    Speciation Is Gradual

No because there is one massive difference in Classic and Retail.

Retail will get new content.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever raided in Vanilla? Doesn't seem so. Sure a lot of bosses are fire and forget. But something like Warlock tanking twins in AQ40 or Priests controlling mobs to tank Razuvious in Nax are tactics that have never been used again. That was difficult and engaging and mostly something different from the usual tank and spank. Classes and specs mattered in Vanilla. Classes nowadays have been marginalized to death.
    We literally have a boss right now that is tanked by a ranged dps and we had a mind control fight in wod.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    I have, and it is not even close to any mythic boss i've tried in legion or bfa (except maybe first 3 of each tier)
    Then you didn't raid AQ40 or Nax. Classic wasn't about having 13 boss phases with 27 different boss skills to watch for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Warlock (or none tank class) Tanking just off the top of my head.

TBC: Leotheras, High King Maulgar (3 are tanked by none tank classes), Illidari Council (Zerevor tanked by mage)
    BFA: Restless Cabal (ranged tank on higher difficulties)

I know there are others, but you get the point.
    Doesn't change my point of completely marginalized classes though. Maybe I should have worded it better so sorry about that.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-05-20 at 11:56 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Riiiiiiiight, so better questing structure is killing the games? Better tracking coding is killing the games?
    Better in your opinion. I WotLK questing to be superior anything out there. I also find Vanilla quests to be way superior to BFA.

It will be like all the special servers for MMOs... at launch it will be impossible to get on them, a week later they will merely be full, after a month or two people will chase the next hype.

They have no future content, classic wow is old for modern standards and most people already played it. I doubt it has a future except for a few fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Better in your opinion. I WotLK questing to be superior anything out there. I also find Vanilla quests to be way superior to BFA.
    BfA is excelling in presenting a quest - the problem is, most quests are utterly boring and uninspired. Classic didn't excel in that regard, it was in many cases quite bland. But there were quest chains to remember (AQ opening, Onyxia pre quest, Dustmarsh traitor quest etc.).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5K4a-teWo

Here is one of the nay sayers admitting he was wrong about his view of Classic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you didn't raid AQ40 or Nax. Classic wasn't about having 13 boss phases with 27 different boss skills to watch for.
    I did though.

Mythic bosses are objectively more difficult than anything in AQ40 and Naxx other than maybe a handful of special fights such as Heigan/C'thun/4h/Saph/KT. As for the phases and skills part? No, most bosses have one or two extra abilities to watch out for but most of the difficulty (just like in Vanilla) was simply about the damage output or skills being more dangerous.

You cannot cheese stuff like Heigan, if you fuck up the dance or the tunnel, you lose. Same with C'thun and Sapphiron. If you fuck up on ability dodging you die.
    4H and KT are more about managing stuff around the encounter, adds and or bosses.

Just like in mythic encounters, there is stuff that you cannot fuck about with. If you get hit by Sea Swells, you die. If you don't do bots propery, you die. If you don't dodge the spinning fire, you die.

There is far more stuff in mythics that must be dealt with than in any of Vanilla's raid content and it isn't just about the number of abilities.

Doesn't change my point of completely marginalized classes though.
    This is one point I slightly agree with. We got some class specific buffs back in BFA such as Intellect, but I'd like to see the return of things like Improved Scorch, Curse of Shadows, etc.

Demonhunters and Monks do have their own raid dmg buffing abilities, but I want there to be more based around damage schools rather than simply +spell dmg or +physical.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-05-20 at 12:06 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    I think a lot of players will realize they are wrong, whenever they start to play classic.

Have you guys seen venruki newest video, he was one of the biggest naysayer and retail baby, but look at him now.
    Personally i Hope Classic sucks the last breath out of Retail, not only because it would be fucking funny to watch some of the delusional crayon nose blasters keep telling themselves that retail is fine. but also because it "Might" make the next Expansion worth playing. Gotta break it down to build it back up again. I sincerely doubt it will happen though. If you were one of the mouth dribbling bots that look like they are actually playing the game from their phone, which game would you pick? sure as hell wouldn't be classic.

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5K4a-teWo

Here is one of the nay sayers admitting he was wrong about his view of Classic :P
    A nay sayer that is streaming hence he will greatly benefit from playing it now when it draws so much attention. I doubt this is the case for all other people that didn't like it before.

Edit: Now on topic, will it overtake retail? on launch yes, everyone and it's mother will play classic but look ahead in time then im not so sure. If the launch goes smoothly, no crashes and no waiting for a boar for 50 mins because of severe overpop but you still get the sensation of a active world i can see it last abit longer!
    Last edited by Sofo1; 2019-05-20 at 12:08 PM.

Its just a lot more fun because its WAY harder than retail WoW, i think that's why it also have so much interest.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    A nay sayer that is streaming hence he will greatly benefit from playing it now when it draws so much attention. I doubt this is the case for all other people that didn't like it before.
    Did you listen to his arguments for Why? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Its just a lot more fun because its WAY harder than retail WoW, i think that's why it also have so much interest.
    No it isn't harder.
    Speciation Is Gradual