Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There were only a couple of million subscribers during Vanilla. There has been over 100 million more subscribers since then who have never gotten a chance to experience the game that they've loved at its inception.

You do the math.

if they had launched it on the original talent trees, and progressed classes the same way they did during vanilla, it may have had a chance. but launching on 1.12; no way.

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    A lot of people who started in TBC, Wrath, Cata are also interested aswell.. And streamers will do a pretty damn good job advertising it to the broad audience.
    Why do people keep making such claims. A lot. Majority. Etc. Yes, some people are excited about the relaunch of classic. But a lot? How does anyone knows this? Is there some magic crystal ball you people have?

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    What you don't realize is, a great product speaks for itself, it doesn't need millions of dollars on marketing, it will do its job on its own.
    It was a great product 15 years ago. It was a great product compared with other MMO at the time. Whether it will be still achieve that level of success, people just have to wait and see.

Not a chance. It's a niche product for a niche playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    if they had launched it on the original talent trees, and progressed classes the same way they did during vanilla, it may have had a chance. but launching on 1.12; no way.
    Explain why launching with broken and non-tested talent trees is a good thing.
    Last edited by Arakakao; 2019-05-20 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    This comment always brings me down to earth...i believe it to be true.

I always wanted to know how big is the "true MMORPG community".
    We will find out with classic.

Im still not sure if we are BIG or not. But Classic will keep me up to date.

EDIT: Oh i forgot Blizzard doesnt release numbers anymore.......we will be in doubt forever, lel

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    There were only a couple of million subscribers during Vanilla. There has been over 100 million more subscribers since then who have never gotten a chance to experience the game that they've loved at its inception.

You do the math.
    This is true, but not only that, look at the huge advance in Technology, mainly internet and Broadband, Back in 2004 having access to the game was limited, not everyone had personal Computers at home, I know I didn't, in fact not many people had access to the internet, today these things are a way of life, the Original game had a very limited marked.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post

Explain why launching with broken and non-tested talent trees is a good thing.
    because thats how the game was. doing all the pre-naxx raids on 1.12 will be basically LFR-level difficulty. server pops are goign to take a nose dive because everyone will be bored.

It's mind boggling to me how both sides seem to have this absolute belief that it will go either way. And it's fully based on their subjective preference of the game. No one actually knows what the majority is until Blizzard releases numbers some months down the line into classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayluck View Post
    Yep keep telling yourself that.

It will be millions. And when it overtakes retail there's going to be so much crying. I mean the retail people already feel threatened by Classic that they are bashing the game.
    I'm not bashing classic, I think it's actually nice option to have as part of the main game. What I am bashing is this hype induced overdose that put so many of you completely out of touch with reality. Classic will have 50k - 100k active players after the initial hype is gone...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance.

I can 100% guarantee Blizz will announce its been a huge success, they did the exact same with BFA not long after launch, and look how that turned out.
    They will not release numbers, they do not need to, plus with the combined Live and Classic sub they can say either one is doing good and not be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    I can 100% guarantee Blizz will announce its been a huge success, they did the exact same with BFA not long after launch, and look how that turned out.
    They will not release numbers, they do not need to, plus with the combined Live and Classic sub they can say either one is doing good and not be wrong.
    Im interested to see what metric Blizzard will use to show Classics success.

I made a prediction thread that eventually they will release actual numbers for Classic...but thats just my stupid prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    classic will overtake retail then blizz will progress to BC servers like 3 years later . Then another 3 years later into WOTLK servers. WE turn into lemmings where we gobble the shit up again that we played 10 years+ ago already. Instead of a real WOW2 blizz just re-releases the same games we played already lol. BIG brain plays . EZ money.
    why would they do that?
    but hey atleast u get to play BFA again in a few years
    sounds good

and they dont have to release any numbers
    there were addons back in time counting the playerbase of a server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Overtake? No. Classic is fed by retail. People who want to go to the museum can do so as long as they have the sub for WoW.
    While I don't disagree that it's fairly niche and that it won't overtake retail, I don't really think they aim for the same playerbase at all.
    I don't think nearly any retail player will actually give a shit about Classic, and the servers will mostly be filled with people that stopped playing 3+ expansions ago.

It's going to be hilarious when maybe 10% of classic players actually hit max level and whine about how hard it is.

They will only release the number they have to for investors and shareholders. Their a busines and here to make money first and foremost, don't believe everything they publicly state, that's just basic business PR were everything is heavily manipulated to always look good.

It wasn't that long ago Blizzard publicly stated they would not release classic servers yet now we are here, and why, because Blizzard now realize they can make a lot of money from it........nothing else.

Vanilla WoW was developed by gamers for gamers, just a group of IRL friends having fun and creating something for themselves, that's the biggest difference between Vanilla and today, now its business first and foremost with a goal of making as much money as possible.
    Last edited by Elevenmad; 2019-05-20 at 02:19 PM.

And that has always been the case. Expansion launches generates renewed interest and people return to play the game. What makes you think that would not happen to Classic. Blizzard has said that some people plays in cycle. They return at launch. Leaves after a few month. Return later.

What will really judge Classic is how many people remain at the end of the first year.

So how do people know BFA is doing that badly? Because of those self promoting streamers say so?

10+ Year Old Account
    For a brief time there will be more players playing classic riding off the initial hype. Should die down in theory but who knows. Either way Blizzard wins since you need to pay a sub so for all the complaining about retail you're still rewarding them.

Yes, for about 3 months.

And then it will slowly bleed out until there are basically 2.5 guilds on each faction that do raiding consistently. I say 2.5 because you know there will be a try hard 3rd guild that is always always always recruiting to push content but just can't get their roster filled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    Yes, for about 3 months.

And then it will slowly bleed out until there are basically 2.5 guilds on each faction that do raiding consistently. I say 2.5 because you know there will be a try hard 3rd guild that is always always always recruiting to push content but just can't get their roster filled up.
    3 entire months? Humm thats really generous.

I dont pretend i know whats gonna happen...all i know is that Classic will be insane on Day 1.
    Thats as far as my prediction goes.

I have "alternative realities" i would like to happen though.
    Like CLassic being incredibly successful and overtake retail...but reading comments here always brings me down to earth.