Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    3 entire months? Humm thats really generous.

I dont pretend i know whats gonna happen...all i know is that Classic will be insane on Day 1.
    Thats as far as my prediction goes.

I have "alternative realities" i would like to happen though.
    Like CLassic being incredibly successful and overtake retail...but reading comments here always brings me down to earth.
    I figure people will at least level to 60!

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic will have a lot of people subscribed to it during the first weeks. After the initial nostalgia trip settles down, It will slowly lose people and everyone will flock to the more populous servers.
    Eventually, 300k or less people will play it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

However we should accept the fact that this is definitely not the classic we used to play because of many reasons:

- We are way more prepared
    - There are some difference ( think about druid with end vanilla talents )
    - Server sharing for pvp ( which was introduced at the end ).

Etc...

However the beta is just started.
    It's too soon to claim that it will last or not, or it will surpass the retail one or not.

I think most high IQ 10/10 chads will play classic WoW and the normies will play BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Jayluck View Post
    It's obvious you and the other people spouting that clearly didn't play. It's ok though people who actually played can fill you in.

I did and you actually had to put in a lot of effort just to raid. Bosses would easily wipe a raid if you came unprepared or without mechanic knowledge. Of course when you were geared it got a lot easier but still.
    Its kinda obvious to me that you didn't play. you wipe without mechanic knowledge. yeah for the 3 mechanics most bosses had ? Ofcourse you wipe without knowing mechanics, but look at Mythic argus, mythic jaina, Mythic crucible compared to any vanilla bosses. Nothing was hard, mechanic wise compared to today. Guilds like method would clear every single vanilla raid in a day if they play wow classic now
    I cleared naxx 40 before tbc with my guild in vanilla. Server first on every single raid boss. I have no chance of joining a server first mythic raid today, or even a decent mythic guild, cause im not good enough, i was good enough to raid back then

This will be a success for maybe a month or two. Just like an expansion launch, and all those comebacks will die in The Barrens at level 20 after two months.
    I mean come on

No I do not. Classic will do well. It will be fun. I will play it more than retail. But it will not overtake retail.

Haha no, absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Its kinda obvious to me that you didn't play. you wipe without mechanic knowledge. yeah for the 3 mechanics most bosses had ? Ofcourse you wipe without knowing mechanics, but look at Mythic argus, mythic jaina, Mythic crucible compared to any vanilla bosses. Nothing was hard, mechanic wise compared to today. Guilds like method would clear every single vanilla raid in a day if they play wow classic now
    I cleared naxx 40 before tbc with my guild in vanilla. Server first on every single raid boss. I have no chance of joining a server first mythic raid today, or even a decent mythic guild, cause im not good enough, i was good enough to raid back then
    Not true at all, being top 100 in raiding was a lot harder back then.. Kungen explained it very well, and he was world first back in vanilla.
    He made a character in WoD and became top 100 in like 1 month gameplay lol. He said it was so easy compared.

no way, once people who didn't play back in the day it get some time on it they will not be able to accept the inconvenience's or grind. I'm sure
    Not going to say it was hard, it wasn't, people just weren't as good in general back then and all the info about the game was not readily available for a little while
    People have no patience or attention span today, no way those types will last in Classic just due to that

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Not true at all, being top 100 in raiding was a lot harder back then.. Kungen explained it very well, and he was world first back in vanilla.
    He made a character in WoD and became top 100 in like 1 month gameplay lol. He said it was so easy compared.
    That has nothing to do with the raids in themselves.

Look at the mechanics for the fights.
    Look at Kel'thuzad 40.

3 phases.

Phase 1. 3 adds. shackle 1 and kill. tank swap the other, kill the last before it touches you.

phase 2: spread 10 yards, run out of void zone, interrupt a spell and cc mc's

phase 3. Burn boss while off tanking and cc'ing adds.

Thats the final boss in the last raid in vanilla.

Now compare that to any mythic end of dungeon bosses in any of the last raids. Fights are much harder mechanically now.

and you take up wod as an example. A failed expansion that bled players left and right ?

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    because thats how the game was. doing all the pre-naxx raids on 1.12 will be basically LFR-level difficulty. server pops are goign to take a nose dive because everyone will be bored.
    OK, well, post it back when your guild cleans all BWL on launch day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    This comment always brings me down to earth...i believe it to be true.

I always wanted to know how big is the "true MMORPG community".
    We will find out with classic.

Im still not sure if we are BIG or not. But Classic will keep me up to date.

EDIT: Oh i forgot Blizzard doesnt release numbers anymore.......we will be in doubt forever, lel
    Well... if you have only 4 servers, 3 with a high population and one on medium/low, obviously that's not a lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    That has nothing to do with the raids in themselves.

Look at the mechanics for the fights.
    Look at Kel'thuzad 40.

3 phases.

Phase 1. 3 adds. shackle 1 and kill. tank swap the other, kill the last before it touches you.

phase 2: spread 10 yards, run out of void zone, interrupt a spell and cc mc's

phase 3. Burn boss while off tanking and cc'ing adds.

Thats the final boss in the last raid in vanilla.

Now compare that to any mythic end of dungeon bosses in any of the last raids. Fights are much harder mechanically now.

and you take up wod as an example. A failed expansion that bled players left and right ?
    Dude you completely missed the point.

Healers have to care about mana, tanks need to hold aggro (not really hard in bfa), Bosses hits like trucks.

Mechanics aren't hard but the raids themselves are, because of the classes.

Healers have to care about mana, tanks need to hold aggro (not really hard in bfa), Bosses hits like trucks.

None of these are hard things. They are just basic logic.

The difference here is that instead of downranking to lighter, more mana effective heals and not overhealing, you have the two heals split into separate spells and don't overheal. There is nothing special about aggro save maybe locks or mage ignite stacking, for whom every fight is "don't be an absolute drooling retard and pull aggro". Bosses hitting hard isn't a matter of encounter difficulty, it is a matter of gearing.

Are you really trying to pretend vanilla raids are as hard as modern mythic raids because DPS have to sometimes stop pressing buttons and healers just spam cancel spell casts instead of spending their off-time doing damage to ensure max DPS?

Well. we can talk about this left and right. You have delusions of classic being this super hard game. i know its not, i played 10+ hours a day throughout all of vanilla, (i almost lost my job due to that fucking game.) We will get the proof we need when the raids are released again in classic. There is no doubt in my mind that every single raid will be cleared within the first 3 days of unlocking in wow classic

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing that list of bugs that arent actually bugs, nahhhhhhhhh.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kungen has ZERO relevance in modern raiding. None. You cannot look at the crazy amount of preparation that was done for BoD and still say "oh, vanilla was harder". They didn't have multiple alts. They didn't buy out entire auction house worth of consumables on multiple servers. They didn't raid for 16+ hours daily for a week or more. They didn't wipe over 700 times on an end boss.

You could do 90% of vanilla content without using consumables. There was a reason Patchwerk was called "Flaskwerk" by some - the first boss that "required" everyone to buff up to meet the dps/healing check. (and mana flask were largely useless outside of few bosses anyway) But all those horror stories about people constantly farming Dark Runes, Tubers or Blasted Land buffs? Not needed and likely overexagerrated to prove just how amazingly hardcore said person was.

Quoting Kungen, seriously...

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing it, unless it has popularity spikes during BfA's content droughts. People who are otherwise not interested in Classic might get curious and give it a try when they see it in the launcher during those "slow" periods.

I really doubt it, but who knows. Streamers are hyping the game a lot and it might really be that good for them and people of like mind, but to an average player Classic is completely unapproachable.