Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Also raids will be cleared stupidly fast. Can't wait to see that.
    Biggest issue will be resist gear and the fact that you got pathetically little loot in raids back then. But you are right, at least MC will be cleared super fast as long as someone remembers how to install decursive or something along those lones.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Actually, Wrath changed most of those core philosophies. Easy epic gear, catch up mechanics, random dungeon grouping, the ability to reach cap without needing to even speak to another person.

All Wrath additions. Wrath being the expansion that the nostalgia community holds up as the pinnacle of WoW.
    im speaking out of my heart and feelings, wrath was the best exp. ever released for WoW, mop being close.
    i liked classic maybe 5/10 because of many annoying things, BC did improve a bit and wrath was just awesome. the raids were a blast and fun to do, the best thing for me as a working person was the LFG tool because i did not rely on any sort of guild or group in which i cannot raid because im working as a geriatric nurse so my shifts are always different from week to week.
    i wish some kind of addon will be released for classic to do such raiding again, i dont care if anybody hates or likes those type of addons.. for me, its very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    im speaking out of my heart and feelings, wrath was the best exp. ever released for WoW, mop being close.
    i liked classic maybe 5/10 because of many annoying things, BC did improve a bit and wrath was just awesome. the raids were a blast and fun to do, the best thing for me as a working person was the LFG tool because i did not rely on any sort of guild or group in which i cannot raid because im working as a geriatric nurse so my shifts are always different from week to week.
    i wish some kind of addon will be released for classic to do such raiding again, i dont care if anybody hates or likes those type of addons.. for me, its very helpful
    If you like those things you have retail dude?

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    If you like those things you have retail dude?
    retail is shit

No, I don't think classic will overtake retail. I think classic will have fairly limited success and maybe they'll have to rescale their plans to do TBC / WotLK / etc, accordingly. I do not believe there is enough interest. No offense.

Retail is shit because of the thing above, its the core philosophy, its rotten into the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    It’s illegal to advertise a product by being paid for it without disclosing it.
    as if that meant anything, on daily basis people do a dozen "illegal" things XD but as long as that's discret there's ZERO chances of it being proven/punished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Actually, Wrath changed most of those core philosophies. Easy epic gear, catch up mechanics, random dungeon grouping, the ability to reach cap without needing to even speak to another person.

All Wrath additions. Wrath being the expansion that the nostalgia community holds up as the pinnacle of WoW.
    BS, everything you mentioned (except random dungeon group, for obvious reasons) was true for AT LEAST tbc if not even vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by fEstn View Post
    Yeah, and it's gonna be dead within 3 months.
    Not even close, you're delusional if you really think that.

Every retailer who is mad about CLassics crowd attitude will not play Classic

Some players already experienced Classic and have no interest in replaying it

Everyone else? Will play Classic for at least a little bit.

IMO

The people that want classic are the same people that were screaming from the beginning for changes such as easier dungeons and yet they deny that the game is what it is because people asked for it

retail ppl are mad cuz they know, more ppl will leave the live servers which leads to even longer queue times

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    retail ppl are mad cuz they know, more ppl will leave the live servers which leads to even longer queue times
    Meanwhile, beta players are mad because game isn't as hard as they "remembered" it to be and are desperately trying to prove that Blizzard must have broken something.

Classic may overtake retail, the point of classic was it was addictive and rewarding if you want to have the best gear in the game YOU HAVE to raid 40 man and there is almost no catch up mechanics as time passes. In retail there really is no strong incentive to raid since you can just do solo quests and only wait for the next time a patch hits and all your gear is upgraded by 30 item level.

Classic will have a much stronger retention of subs than retail.

I highly doubt it.

There is a large portion of the playerbase that enjoy the social aspect of the game and who to their credit aren't concerned so much with balance and QoL

as much as they are with new shinies, mounts, and transmogs.

Only if it gets regular content updates at the same rate as retail. That's why Old School RuneScape did so well. They literally have an entire new continent at this point the size of a WoW expansion. But it's all tuned to the old combat system, graphics, and general game design philosophies.

For comparison, RS classic, which never received updates, died last year as they were down to only around 50 total legitimate players.

You have to consider the reason they implemented expansions in the first place. Players played the content, beat the content, and got bored and wanted more.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-05-22 at 10:22 PM.

No, I think Classic & Retail will sustain each other by offering different experiences to player for the same subscription.

I think I'd play WoW overall a lot more if I could switch from Bfa to classic and from classic to bfa on a regular basis.

Can we... you know... stop using the words "retail" and "retailers"? WoW is not a business store, and we, the players, aren't salesclerks.

Just use the word "modern" to describe WoW. Because that's what it is. We have modern and classic WoW.

Can't wait to visit this thread again 1-2 months after they release Classic, will be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Facts do disagree with you. Look at subscriber numbers before and after Cataclysm revamped the leveling experience. And started to make WoW a child's game with no difficulty.
    I'm sure u cleaned the entire content on mythic before saying that right ? Right ?

Also you can't make a thread asking a question to people and then respond to every guy that doesnt think Classic will overtake Retail to tell them they are wrong. In that case you don't ask us our opinion. You just make a post and tell us WHY YOU THINK it will. You are not here to try to make people believe it will. You are here asking for our opinion.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think classic population will spike on release and then go back down just as fast after a few months. Current retail players will not tolerate the QOL frustrations say "no thanks" before they get to lvl 20. But who knows.
    Operation Red Wing