Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Personally, 95% of my WoW time will be spent on Classic once it launches. If it was a choice between the two, Classic would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'm curious to see how a big part of the population that's currently buying Freehold boosts to get 110-120 will cope with spending an hour on killing 100 lions to get the 10 claws needed for a quest when there's other people in the same area tagging mobs and respawn timers are atrocious. I think people who actually played vanilla will cope (because they know how it was) but a lot of people are in for a shock I think.
    Yeah.

This game will be huge on launch, but it might be all downhill from there. I've seen a lot of Youtubers talk about dabbling in it for views, but they'll likely drop off after the 4-6 month mark

Still will be a dedicated community to keep it going though, and that's what matters.. Hopefully they don't make too many servers.

Yes, I do think Classic will overtake retail. I participated in the Stess test and the few hours I played that was far better than any experience I’ve had in years playing retail WoW. I think a lot of people will be surprised at the continued popularity of Classic.

Classic is gonna be dead in a few months.

Yes it will, than blizz will adjust retail to be more "classic like", so maybe later down the line it can be 50/50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Personally, 95% of my WoW time will be spent on Classic once it launches. If it was a choice between the two, Classic would win.
    Same here.

Based on all supporting evidence, beta, twitch numbers, google trends yes classic will overshadow retail by quite a large amount.

It is beyond delusional to think it won't take over BFA. It is not a small number of people, most people are very interested. This website is a small minority of addicts to retail WoW and does not account to the majority of people interested in the game. This forum is an echo chamber that doesn't allow discussion against retail thus most peoples opinions on this website are biased and forced to a certain direction.

I hope it does succeed for my own reasons simply because I wish for retail to implement Vanilla WoW design philosophy that has not been a part of the game for over a decade. The game is barely an RPG at this point which is sad to me.

MMO C is an echo chamber where criticism against Retail isnt allowed just like r/classicwow is for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcodio View Post
    MMO C is an echo chamber where criticism against Retail isnt allowed just like r/classicwow is for classic.
    Did you really just make a dummy account in an attempt to troll my opinion? Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    Based on all supporting evidence, beta, twitch numbers, google trends yes classic will overshadow retail by quite a large amount.
    Pretty much. Most Twitch streamers are playing classic and not BfA. And this is before they even opened the floodgates, i.e. let EVERYBODY in, not just a select minority.

If a poster on mmo champion has over 3,000 post they will say classic will fail and have nowhere near the numbers

If a poster has under 3,000 post they will say Classic will be a success.

As someone with experience on this website people who talk "badly" about retail WoW get banned and flamed while lovers of retail continue to be supported even if they troll and bully other posters as long as their opinion is in support to retail. This is not a great forum to openly discuss the game in any constructed matter as even the WoW forums themselves give much more freedom for open discussion.

If a poster on mmo champion has over 3,000 post they will say classic will fail and have nowhere near the numbers

If a poster has under 3,000 post they will say Classic will be a success.

As someone with experience on this website people who talk "badly" about retail WoW get banned and flamed while lovers of retail continue to be supported even if they troll and bully other posters as long as their opinion is in support to retail. This is not a great forum to openly discuss the game in any constructed matter as even the WoW forums themselves give much more freedom for open discussion.
    Oh no. It must be a conspiracy.

Here I am with my low post count. And I believe Classic's fad will die down within months at best.

Personally do not think theres enough diversity in class in all the ways people want to play. In classic its more about classes instead of specs. If your class has a healing spec, that class is a healer for example. However, Retail sucks so bad right now it may well be possible.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2019-05-24 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    Oh no. It must be a conspiracy.

Here I am with my low post count. And I believe Classic's fad will die down within months at best.
    It's not a conspiracy if even this thread mostly supports my sentiment forgo the forums history...

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is a dead end. It will end up like other unofficial servers - everyone and their mothers will roll warriors and rogues and will farm raids with bosses dying sub 1 minute.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    No. It might peak at insane numbers at launch, but it will not sustain it long-term.

This isn't an attack on classic, it's simply not a game that will appeal to most gamers nowadays. Or, even if it does, they will eventually run out of content and only the most dedicated players will continue to play.
    This, it will have a really, really strong peak. Then it will continue to lose players until it eventually settles into being a niche in the WoW sub base.

I have zero idea why people really think the game will fail after a month. The games streamer presence has already guaranteed the games popularity will persist much longer than 1 month and will easily shadow over BFA. Even with 8.2 looking like an amazing patch no one at all cares or is paying any attention to how amazing some of the new content looks. Retail is going to see many changes in the next expansion based on the results of Classic.

I have zero idea why people really think the game will fail after a month. The games streamer presence has already guaranteed the games popularity will persist much longer than 1 month and will easily shadow over BFA. Even with 8.2 looking like an amazing patch no one at all cares or is paying any attention to how amazing some of the new content looks. Retail is going to see many changes in the next expansion based on the results of Classic.
    streamers play what is hyped

Retail is going to see many changes in the next expansion based on the results of Classic.
    Highly unlikely. Most of the next expansion will be deep into development by the time Classic comes out. We'll be getting the X8 announcement about 2 months after Classic launches. No time to redo all the major features and systems. Plus it will take years of Classic overshadowing the real game before any major changes would be considered. They're not going to redo X8 based on some initial hype from the last week. They'll likely not even consider Classic for X9 because it will still be too new to be considered impactful. A year or two out, if Classic is still outpacing Live, then maybe there will be changes in either X10, or 10.1/10.2/10.3 (major patches of X9)
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Blizz has said that, post naxx, they are open to adding new content at level 60 such as raids, dungeons, etc.

If they take an alternate reality approach to expansion and expand at 60 forever horizontally, rather than vertically through levels; the potential is limitless
    Interesting idea but... how will that be Classic, if it wasn’t there back then?

Kinda seems a bug in reasoning to me. So basically what you say is, that what defines Classic is the specific quest tracking and class/talent setup plus cap level limit?

While NEW locations, NEW armor sets, and NEW graphics for all of these NEW things would still be Classic, because the underlying mechanics are the same?

But would they be, if the new content armors gave better stats, which made the previous cap gear feel weak?

I’m not saying they should not. Honestly, I just think I won’t spend much time in Classic unless some of the progression I achieve there can give me access to classic armor sets and titles I missed to the retail toons I’ve been playing 10+ years, having only started in BC...

An alternate timeline could be appealing to some/many, but... I thought the whole point of Classic was that things had to be as they were back then? I am confused. Where is the line drawn? Would there need be different ‘Classic progression’ and ‘Closed classic’ servers then for those who do NOT want things to be changed/added to Classic as they feel that would not be Classic at all?

Said that, developing more horizontal content may be a good idea for retail, seen we already cap at 120, and that’s beginning to feel somewhat silly imho, not to mention potentially scary for the new players.
    Last edited by Astranea; 2019-05-24 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Highly unlikely. Most of the next expansion will be deep into development by the time Classic comes out. We'll be getting the X8 announcement about 2 months after Classic launches. No time to redo all the major features and systems. Plus it will take years of Classic overshadowing the real game before any major changes would be considered. They're not going to redo X8 based on some initial hype from the last week. They'll likely not even consider Classic for X9 because it will still be too new to be considered impactful. A year or two out, if Classic is still outpacing Live, then maybe there will be changes in either X10, or 10.1/10.2/10.3 (major patches of X9)
    Not necessarily, keep in mind that reason Blizzard introduced classic is because they did the math and figured it will be profitable for them to do it. Next expansion already started it's pre-production way before BFA was released so some metrics from the classic could impact decisions on X9.

Something tells me that we might be waiting a bit longer for the next expansion.