Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    You are making assumption that people like difficult content. They do not. They want loot. Making the world harder is not going fix things because that is not what people want. People do things for loot. Not difficult or challenge.
    i was actually just answering the previous post. Asking how to make the game harder. Not that we should or had to.

I'd say Classic already has overtaken Retail. Who cares about Retail anymore? I heard anything about any Raids in Retail but I hear about people clearing SM at Level30!

Yes, Classic will absolutely overtake retail WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    I'd say Classic already has overtaken Retail. Who cares about Retail anymore? I heard anything about any Raids in Retail but I hear about people clearing SM at Level30!
    because we are in the middle of raid tiers and really close to a new patch ? you didn't hear about the uldir or bod world first races either ? the fact that people are clearing lvl 45 dungeons at lvl 30 just goes to confirm what people are saying. Dungeons and raids in vanilla is a lot easier and won't last. Again fortifying retail. Since classic has no future

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    You are making assumption that people like difficult content. They do not. They want loot. Making the world harder is not going fix things because that is not what people want. People do things for loot. Not difficult or challenge.
    Not true at all. For some sure, but for many, if not more, they want a challenege. The fun is playing something difficult and beating i.e the old Ninttendo and Snes games

- - - Updated - - -

If anything in BFA was worth doing, players would have stuck around. When I quit in 8.1 , the game was already dead. And I played on a couple high pop realms. I dont see anything in 8.2 to bring me back or the people in my guilds who wonty be back. But everyone who quit BFA I talk to cant wait for Classic to start. The chance to build up guild again, make new friends again, and more importantly . get the feeling like you accomplished something. Everyone I have talked to al say the same thing , BFA was not only too easy, it was meaningless
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    If anything in BFA was worth doing, players would have stuck around. When I quit in 8.1 , the game was already dead. And I played on a couple high pop realms. I dont see anything in 8.2 to bring me back or the people in my guilds who wonty be back. But everyone who quit BFA I talk to cant wait for Classic to start. The chance to build up guild again, make new friends again, and more importantly . get the feeling like you accomplished something. Everyone I have talked to al say the same thing , BFA was not only too easy, it was meaningless
    you're just taking the piss now. Game is far from dead. Everyone i talk to say the complete opposite. They gonna try classic for the lulz, but no one is going to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you're just taking the piss now. Game is far from dead. Everyone i talk to say the complete opposite. They gonna try classic for the lulz, but no one is going to play it.
    Dude BFA , and Blizzard is in trouble. Revenues are down this year . Wow was still in the top 10 grossing games up till April , now its fallen off. And Hearthstone and OW are down in revenues a combined 39% BFA is bleeding players and its showing . Blizzard Needs classic now to be a revenue generator for them . Classic is right now the only interest in WOW . All hopes right now are on Classic...how sad is that? And we learn today that a Blizzard just lost a Dev who quit after the project he was working on for 2 years is cancelled . Not good to be Blizzard right now

Not a chance, people are used to high apm games these days.

Dude BFA , and Blizzard is in trouble. Revenues are down this year . Wow was still in the top 10 grossing games up till April , now its fallen off. And Hearthstone and OW are down in revenues a combined 39% BFA is bleeding players and its showing . Blizzard Needs classic now to be a revenue generator for them . Classic is right now the only interest in WOW . All hopes right now are on Classic...how sad is that? And we learn today that a Blizzard just lost a Dev who quit after the project he was working on for 2 years is cancelled . Not good to be Blizzard right now
    Classic will just bring in hype numbers because it is the "new" shiny thing on the scene. That will fade fast lol WoWs numbers have always fluctuated or did you forget that Legion was projected to be in the 10million subs range? BFA has its issues but its far from dead. Revenues are down from a multitude of reasons but not soley on WoW. That is related to issues on their other games as well. People have been asking for changes in Overwatch for a while now and Hearthstone has become overly expensive so people are not playing as much and its not easy for new players to get competetive

whatever, when they announce 8.3 as well as new expansion, people will gladly come back from Classic grinding which by that time will become a horrific experience.
    So perfect timing for them I guess. Classic is only created for dem ppl to pay for subs when retail has content draught anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    True, for the awe factor on its own.

However, if you can play something similar yourself (such as normal, heroic, or even lfr version) then the awe-factor might provide some benefit - similarly as sports competition makes a lot of people actually participate in the sport themselves.

An added bonus is that creates a higher awe factor - as you gain a better understanding of what is actually required.

But I assume there are some that think FIFA should ban everything but the top soccer-games to make Messi more awe-inspiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Then high-end PvE contents in WoW isn't for you, as it has always been about repeating contents - since the launch of the game.
    Nothing wrong with that - but don't try to fool yourself into believing that Classic will be different.

Until mid-WoTLK it was even worse, as you couldn't extend lockouts but had to re-kill all of the bosses in the raid every week.
    As I said I raided in Vanilla...I repeated content regularly - getting guildees attuned and killing the same bosses with each new lockout - that was called progression...repeating the same content on different difficulty levels (Diablo style and I believe 1st introduced in WoW in Wrath) is a whole different kettle of fish, was what I was referring to and what I don't enjoy or consider fresh and meaningful additional max level content.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Actually you know what, just thinking about it now. Id really like the prospect or the thought of crossing paths with those old players I played with back in Vanilla...

Lumina - Night Elf - Andorhal

Is there a post here somewhere? Where old classic players can post their name and which server they started in?
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

No but that’s a brilliant idea that someone needs to take up
    Check out vanillafriends dot com

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    As I said I raided in Vanilla...I repeated content regularly - getting guildees attuned and killing the same bosses with each new lockout - that was called progression...repeating the same content on different difficulty levels (Diablo style and I believe 1st introduced in WoW in Wrath) is a whole different kettle of fish, was what I was referring too and what I don't enjoy.
    Or you stopped enjoying the progression as it is inevitable similar contents followed by similar contents, and blamed it on some unrelated change.

And you don't have to do the contents on different difficulty levels in BfA; it's just that the option exists - and one could argue that TBC introduced it with ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So now the whole market is niche, you keep moving the goalposts it's hard to keep up. I would agree that the mmo market in general terms is a niche market, but within that market to call retail wow a niche is laughable at best, which was the original intended point no?
    No not at all, I said wow is a niche game because mmo's are and wow is an mmo No goalposts have been moved (10 nu-internet-slang points for using "moving goalposts"). Which you agreed to now, which is nice since it's how it is, yet despite you agreeing with me you still feel the need to disagree because I attacked the game in your opinion. If the market is niche then everything in that market is to an extent. Wow once breached the barrier and became mainstream and well known even in popular and mainstream media, but the hype has long since passed and the game has somewhat faded back into obscurity, back into it's niche.

You come off as a try-hard fanboi unable and unwilling to engage in a normal conversation because you're fanboi angst overtakes rational thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    Classic will just bring in hype numbers because it is the "new" shiny thing on the scene. That will fade fast lol WoWs numbers have always fluctuated or did you forget that Legion was projected to be in the 10million subs range? BFA has its issues but its far from dead. Revenues are down from a multitude of reasons but not soley on WoW. That is related to issues on their other games as well. People have been asking for changes in Overwatch for a while now and Hearthstone has become overly expensive so people are not playing as much and its not easy for new players to get competetive
    Legion was never projected to be in the 10million sub range. Classic is now vital to Blizzard. A sub is required to play classic, and with BFA failing and yes it is pretty much dead, they wont have the cash shop revenue like they did. I think you are greatly underestimating how many want to play classic, how many will come back for classic and how many will actually stay around for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Ornith View Post
    whatever, when they announce 8.3 as well as new expansion, people will gladly come back from Classic grinding which by that time will become a horrific experience.
    So perfect timing for them I guess. Classic is only created for dem ppl to pay for subs when retail has content draught anyways.
    Just wait they will be back for 8.1
    Just wait they will be back for 8.1.5
    Just wait they will be back for 8.2...8.2.5 ....8.3

Look until they fix the core problems with BFA no one will be back in any significant numbers . Odds are, they will come back for a bit, see that he classes and story is shit, go back to classic to play with their friends .

Classic Grinding had meaning and purpose and was rewarding at least . Nothing in BFA feels rewarding or meaningful. I kill a bunch of Alliance in a W who cares . The only way I can power progress is if I get lucky and a item WF or TF. The raids are meaningless unless you are mythic because the same level gear is out there just for doing a WQ. The story is shit . So what exactly is there to comeback for? Dead guilds? Seeing a bunch of people from phased connected realms that I will never see again? Transmogs?
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2019-06-06 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornith View Post
    Imagine actually saying this unironically.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't give a damn about the game I only saw you use a word wrong and wanted to interject, nada mas amigo. The mmo genre may be niche in the overal gaming market, but that doesn't mean that wow is a niche game inside of said market. Using your logic gaming in general is a niche market so that means all games are then niche, which means no games are niche? You see how retarded that line of logic is when you break it down? That's all. I don't even play wow atm I'm waiting on classic lol
    gaming isn't a niche market anymore, gaming is the biggest entertainment market there is at this moment. While the market grew exponentially wow shrunk heavily further consolidating their position as a niche game.

Just wait they will be back for 8.1
    Just wait they will be back for 8.1.5
    Just wait they will be back for 8.2...8.2.5 ....8.3

Look until they fix the core problems with BFA no one will be back in any significant numbers . Odds are, they will come back for a bit, see that he classes and story is shit, go back to classic to play with their friends .
    you are overselling classic so hard. Classic has a slew of core problems that will make atleast half of the initial influx of players quit before they get to lvl 40. You need to realize that retail aint what it is today because blizzard just felt like it. The main reason everything is different from vanilla is that people have been asking for changes and those changes ultimately ended up with what we have now. Bfa. there will be players playing wow classic to the end. But that will be a rather small minority. the game doesn't have nearly enough to keep the majority of the players playing.
    If wow classic was released today as a standalone game, it would have had less then 200k players and been a early acces game at best. One of many that simply died off before it got a full release.

Yes, bfa is doing poorly. Not as poor as some of you classic fanatics claim, but classic will do even worse down the line. And not far into it. vanilla wow has simply not aged well. its not up to 2019 standards and able to give what players today want

and what is this about people come back for a bit and then immidiately going back to classic ? there is a bunch of other games, its just as likely they join eso, ffxiv or just simply quit, as it is them going back to classic
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2019-06-06 at 07:50 PM.

Legion was never projected to be in the 10million sub range. Classic is now vital to Blizzard. A sub is required to play classic, and with BFA failing and yes it is pretty much dead, they wont have the cash shop revenue like they did. I think you are greatly underestimating how many want to play classic, how many will come back for classic and how many will actually stay around for it .
    i think you're vastly overestimated Classic staying power lol Its a 15yr old game with many issues that i can list if you want. Even beta at its peak views on twitch have hit anywhere close to BFA's peak which was around 600k lol Obviously theyve dwindled but thats normal in every single expansion. Classic is the new shiny thing this is normal

1. Slow gameplay (boring in many ways even if you dont agree)
    2. Boring Rotations
    3. Terrible Itemization
    4. Grindy quests for the sake of only being grindy
    5. All Content is already done and completed theres nothing new that we havent seen (and they better NEVER add any)
    6. Lore and story telling are nowhere near the level from WoTLK and onward
    7. Bad graphics (and yes this will annoy some)
    8. Overestimating community stuff (everyone on beta thinks theres tons of people around while leveling for one simple reason, THEY ALL STARTED AT THE SAME TIME)
    9. Raid complexity, no where near current level
    10. Low loot drops, sometimes not even for the class thats available in that faction
    11. Terrible raid tuning
    12. No good LFG tool, having to use trade -_- (not LFR or LFD)
    13. Specs were always cookie cutter only, new trees while boring are way better and situational

Now dont get me wrong, i loved vanilla back in the day, but as i got older and kept on playing i didnt just ignore all the issues with it. BFA has many issues id like addressed as well but its in no way dead and im playing a bunch every week as well as many others. This isnt an OSRS situation, thats an entirely different type of game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you are overselling classic so hard. Classic has a slew of core problems that will make atleast half of the initial influx of players quit before they get to lvl 40. You need to realize that retail aint what it is today because blizzard just felt like it. The main reason everything is different from vanilla is that people have been asking for changes and those changes ultimately ended up with what we have now. Bfa. there will be players playing wow classic to the end. But that will be a rather small minority. the game doesn't have nearly enough to keep the majority of the players playing.
    If wow classic was released today as a standalone game, it would have had less then 200k players and been a early acces game at best. One of many that simply died off before it got a full release.

Yes, bfa is doing poorly. Not as poor as some of you classic fanatics claim, but classic will do even worse down the line. And not far into it. vanilla wow has simply not aged well. its not up to 2019 standards and able to give what players today want

and what is this about people come back for a bit and then immidiately going back to classic ? there is a bunch of other games, its just as likely they join eso, ffxiv or just simply quit, as it is them going back to classic
    man we need to talk in discord or something because damn if everything youve just said isnt the damn truth lol so damn tired of everyone acting like vanilla was this perfect game and that its better than everything........theres many reasons for this but its just so damn annoying. Also the thing thats always made me heated is that vanilla private server players and the like have been shitting on live FOR YEARS! and most the time they dont even play live. Cant wait for them to go away one day