Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, I like all the armor, a damn shame that it's led by a character that isn't Forsaken in a zone that has fuck all to do with the Forsaken fighting an enemy with no connection to the Forsaken, all strung together with reused assets.

Ship is nice tho.
    Yeah. I'm sure the Night Elves really needed some attention and really need a lot more. But for the Forsaken, it really just gave me cool gear. Boat is nice, but I want a proper settlement and some idea what to expect going into the future. And I really hope it's not more Undead Elves whining.

i gave my gf the gist of the story in bfa since she stopped playing around 3 expansions ago and she just wants jaina and sylvanas to get together and fall in love so that they can bring the factions together and therell be no more of this ''warchief nonesense''. im starting to think shes right and its a good idea. far fetched as it sounds, it makes a hell of a lot more sense than what some of the writers have been making sylvanas do

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Does this title even mean anything significant anymore ?

• Thrall was once a cool character and then they had to use him in such a cringy way people got sick of him.

• In comes Garrosh, who had a decent story and saw growth as a character in the Wotlk campaign as well as Cataclysm.Does not take long until Blizzard makes him the evil guy then proceeds to axe him.
    • Vol'jin one of the original characters from "back in the day" gets to have the title and does pretty much nothing.Gets killed so Blizzard has a reason to put Sylvanas.
    • Finally, Sylvanas gets to be warchief.As expected her story takes a turn for the worst,with Blizzard encouraging members of the Horde faction to hate on this character that has been in the game since forever.Banished ? Killed ? Who knows...

• Now,they are teasing Thrall again with the warchief title.

So,what does this title even mean anymore ? Because the way i see it,if you get the Warchief title it guarantees you the following : the character is killed / turned evil or story forever ruined.

Please stay away from Lor'themar.
    Lore-wise, the title funnily enough never really meant much either at first. Gul'dan envisioned the role as a publicly-elected puppet to the Shadow Council, and only became a legitimate leadership role after Gul'dan's fall, and properly when Thrall formed the New Horde. The only way to get a new Warchief is through either a chosen successor, or through Mak'gora.

As far as candidates go, Baine is out for not having a spine (going with the tide until the tide threatens to drown him), Gobbo-what'shisname is out for being a Greedy slimeball, Thrall doesn't even want the position, so getting him back is an uphill fight, Saurfang is controversial in his own right atm, and the Trolls first need a replacement leader, which I don't think they have yet.

Meaning the only real choices are: Lor'themar of the Belfs, Talanji of the Zandalari, Geya'rah of the Mag'har, Mayla Highmountain, and Thalyssra of the Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Margamanthak View Post
    Lore-wise, the title funnily enough never really meant much either at first. Gul'dan envisioned the role as a publicly-elected puppet to the Shadow Council, and only became a legitimate leadership role after Gul'dan's fall, and properly when Thrall formed the New Horde. The only way to get a new Warchief is through either a chosen successor, or through Mak'gora.

As far as candidates go, Baine is out for not having a spine (going with the tide until the tide threatens to drown him), Gobbo-what'shisname is out for being a Greedy slimeball, Thrall doesn't even want the position, so getting him back is an uphill fight, Saurfang is controversial in his own right atm, and the Trolls first need a replacement leader, which I don't think they have yet.

Meaning the only real choices are: Lor'themar of the Belfs, Talanji of the Zandalari, Geya'rah of the Mag'har, Mayla Highmountain, and Thalyssra of the Nightborne.
    Look, if I were to take this seriously, our three most likely candidates are Thrall, Saurfang, or Baine. Baine's problem is that the only person who cares about him is Christie Golden. He wasn't designed to be spineless. He has cut lines and quests where he actually did shit. The fact that they're cut means they were obviously low priority. If someone else gave half a shit about Baine, he wouldn't be Baine.

Most of the team probably sees him as a nice dude or morality pet. A big dumb friendly ox who represents the kind of shit the Horde is fighting to protect.

Saurfang and Thrall seem to be where the wider passion is being aimed, though not portrayed ingame because they wanted to keep Sylvanas as Warchief for a bit longer until she can serve her role.

Baine will be Warchief, I'm telling you. He's being signalled hard and the main writers want the Unifaction, which is backed by gameplay considerations since the game is hemorrhaging subs.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Baine will be Warchief, I'm telling you. He's being signalled hard and the main writers want the Unifaction, which is backed by gameplay considerations since the game is hemorrhaging subs.
    He's being signaled hard by Golden. But the only person who has ever written Baine is Golden. Maybe one other person did once, but it's mostly her at least. Of course she wrote him giving a speech. He's the kind of dude for that. Of course she wrote him into the Derek story.

But does anyone else really care about Baine, considering the sheer lack of content he's gotten and his role in Legion being cut?

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    He's being signaled hard by Golden. But the only person who has ever written Baine is Golden. Maybe one other person did once, but it's mostly her at least. Of course she wrote him giving a speech. He's the kind of dude for that. Of course she wrote him into the Derek story.

But does anyone else really care about Baine, considering the sheer lack of content he's gotten and his role in Legion being cut?
    I think you're underestimating how relevant Baine is. He's been the moral compass since the start - where Saurfang goes into the war, he consults with Baine and Baine is against it. Baine is the one to oppose Sylvanas in Lordaeron and his original line before they decided they didn't want to tell us it was Mists 2.0 yet had him explicitly going to Zandalar to watch Sylvanas. Then his reaction is the focus at the end of 8.1, 8.1.5 is all about him being the only one to act against Sylvanas and 8.2 has Saurfang, who's too old as well as culpable, and Thrall, who's rejected the chair, teaming up to save Baine. The tauren heritage quest is wasted to continue beefing up Baine by having Cairne posthumously praise him. Baine is the one who addresses the table and inspires the other leaders in the post-Legion story.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

That's mostly why I would say Saurfang is next in line, considering someone likes him enough to greenlight three separate CGI cinematics about him. Yes, yes, reusable asset and all that, but jeez even big guns like Arthas or Illidan never got even close to such treatment.

What's working against Saurfang is that he's old and there are a thousand red flags about him dying in a suitably dramatic fashion. But they can always have him be rezzed, or just grievously wounded and fulfill the "martyr for the Horde" fantasy they seemingly want to fill with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's mostly why I would say Saurfang is next in line, considering someone likes him enough to greenlight three separate CGI cinematics about him. Yes, yes, reusable asset and all that, but jeez even big guns like Arthas or Illidan never got even close to such treatment.

What's working against Saurfang is that he's old and there are a thousand red flags about him dying in a suitably dramatic fashion. But they can always have him be rezzed, or just grievously wounded and fulfill the "martyr for the Horde" fantasy they seemingly want to fill with him.
    Ir his story could be to reject the honorable death thing and give a corny line about living an honorable life.

Ir his story could be to reject the honorable death thing and give a corny line about living an honorable life.
    Also a possibility. "She stood for death, we stand for life" while pointing at Sylvanas's corpse. I can picture it already.

There's also the Danuser interview where he calls both Saurfang and Sylvanas 'the past of the Horde'. The future goes moo.

I think you're underestimating how relevant Baine is. He's been the moral compass since the start - where Saurfang goes into the war, he consults with Baine and Baine is against it. Baine is the one to oppose Sylvanas in Lordaeron and his original line before they decided they didn't want to tell us it was Mists 2.0 yet had him explicitly going to Zandalar to watch Sylvanas. Then his reaction is the focus at the end of 8.1, 8.1.5 is all about him being the only one to act against Sylvanas and 8.2 has Saurfang, who's too old as well as culpable, and Thrall, who's rejected the chair, teaming up to save Baine. The tauren heritage quest is wasted to continue beefing up Baine by having Cairne posthumously praise him. Baine is the one who addresses the table and inspires the other leaders in the post-Legion story.
    Baine is there, but he doesn't fucking do anything either. He just replaced Nathanos when Nathanos was put on the boat. He exists, and then he later has his quest so he can be the heart of the Horde. But if they were really committed to making him Warchief, they wouldn't have kept cutting all of his shit. Baine isn't the least relevant leader, but his development doesn't make me think there was ever a large number of people invested in him.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the Danuser interview where he calls both Saurfang and Sylvanas 'the past of the Horde'. The future goes moo.
    Look, I'd at least hope they wouldn't fumble the ball so hard on a character they wanted to be the next Warchief. They cut his content in Cata, gave him jack shit in MoP, and cut his Legion content. There's no way anyone but Golden has any real passion for his character. Tauren are horrifically neglected in general. No one cares about them.

I was thinking, assuming we go to Shadowlands in the near future, how maybe they could do something with Saurfang and Dranosh there too.

I mean, there's still a few possibilities for the old timer before he gets his warrior's death, even though the same would probably be most impactful now, in BfA.

Look, I'd at least hope they wouldn't fumble the ball so hard on a character they wanted to be the next Warchief. They cut his content in Cata, gave him jack shit in MoP, and cut his Legion content. There's no way anyone but Golden has any real passion for his character. Tauren are horrifically neglected in general. No one cares about them.
    Blizzard aren't afraid to overcompensate and they've gone overboard in his appearances in BFA to compensate for him being missing for so long. You have to remember that Saurfang didn't do anything in Mists 1.0 either and Blizzard aren't afraid to push a character had when they want them to be in a spot. Baine's had something to do in almost every patch and we been told that he's 'the last of the Horde's honor' and 'the best of the Horde'. The shilling is overboard and I can't see it all being for nothing. Also like Jastall said, Saurfang has death flags a mile high.

It depends on the kind of subversion they're going for, be it him deciding that victory or death isn't actually what's right and he should instead put the rest of his life to building or whatever, or that it is right, but what matters is giving his life for the right cause. This is also why I don't think Sylvanas will kill him. He'll give his life protecting the planet from tentacles if anything.

5+ Year Old Account
    The guy who burns his balls in a brazier in the next patch in honor of the God-King, explaining his horrendous new voice acting.
    There is a new voice? And people called me crazy for saying it would happen.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    There is a new voice? And people called me crazy for saying it would happen.
    It's either a guy doing a bad Gideon Emery impression or they fucked up the pitching on the datamining. I hope it's the latter.

It's either a guy doing a bad Gideon Emery impression or they fucked up the pitching on the datamining. I hope it's the latter.
    Hah, considering what he says later in the patch about certain someone, maybe he's high on helium all the way throughout the whole Naz'jatar campaign.

7+ Year Old Account
    The concept of a Forsaken regency going its own way while Sylvanas was Warchief-ing was a good one. The execution of a bunch of sad humans who just want to die and hug their loved ones was atrocious, just like everything else regarding the Forsaken in BTS.
    like i siad it was a opportunity, iy could be done, i see no problem with then not wanting eternal life, but the rest was uncessary indeed.

Though honestly, councils in WoW in general are the ultimate example of "You think you do, but you don't." Either the second the council materializes it becomes irrelevant, making the race disappear like the dwarves or one person and race ends up controlling everything anyway like the Alliance. Blizzard can't write teams without them vanishing or all eventually coming to the same opinion.
    i dunno, i find the dwarves council ok, in a degree

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Not him personally, but leadership roles and what he contributed too. Legion he was at the Broken Shore and an again contributed to the Suramar Campaign. You know a leader, most leaders don't fight unless they absolutely need too
    In Wod it was just that both horde sides sent forces there and yes lor'themar was same way active in wotlk also assault on shore were varian lor'themar wasn't mentioned to be there nor shown ingame even wowpedia mentions that his first appearance in legion was in orgrimmar in vol'jins funeral where he didn't say a thing ans same later in suramar he sent troops there as he did in wotlk so still lor'themarwho.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    like i siad it was a opportunity, iy could be done, i see no problem with then not wanting eternal life, but the rest was uncessary indeed.
    Them being okay with death could've been a cool story, since Sylvanas knows that for her, existence after death was Hell. Ditto if they were also opposed to making new Forsaken. But this is kind of dropped. There was a lot of room to work with there, but it didn't go anywhere since it was just a vehicle for Anduin.

i dunno, i find the dwarves council ok, in a degree
    The thing with the dwarf council, past it never showing up, is that it exists only to beef up Varian. The dwarves were the Alliance powerhouse in Vanilla up to the Shattering book. Most numerous, most technologically advanced, strong single leader who wanted to expand their territory, proactive. If you want humans to be the centerpiece, you can't have that. Hence why Magni is out of the picture and Varian changes their entire system for them by infiltrating and threatening Moira. Then why they later only show up if it's to up Varian's credo like in Mists.

Theoretically they'd be very interesting, and they're distinct enough when they show up, but in practice they're just a device to keep the dwarves in the narrative gutter. The sooner Moira's son becomes old enough to take over the better. Dwarf Empire (and screen time) soon.