Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    One thing is the skills in 1.12 build over earlier builds were better designed and easier to play with. Second is that the dungeons in Vanilla were easy if you took the time to CC, plan pulls and were decent players in general(focus DPS the tank). Lastly gamers are better in general now than 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    yeah pretty much, think I hit 1 year played near the end of MoP I try not to look anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post

That's rookie numbers. I have over 1 year /played on my main alone.
    My bad, I meant 1500 days
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

Vanilla Dungeons weren't that hard and they never were.

People thinks that its hard because everyone back then was stupid and new, now we know how the game is, and how stupidly easy thy were.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Mythic+ would like to have a word with you. Else link me your world first +30 BfA dungeon done in time.
    Knowing how and when to skip mobs and content, imo, doesn't prove skill. At least that's my understanding of how you're required to do m+ nowadays, isn't it? The most qualified to cheese and skip content in the most creative ways are the best.

Dungeons in classic were not hard to being with.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    Everything in vanilla was easy. You might have sucked back then but the game was silly easy compared to what you have today. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Everything in vanilla was easy. You might have sucked back then but the game was silly easy compared to what you have today. Deal with it.
    You honestly think that classic dungeons are easier than their retail versions?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Classic WAS fucking easy, people were just clueless back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Classic was tideous, not hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    People are just much better at the game now.
    Can we all just agree that this sums things up?
    Happiness is peace in motion.

Everyone on the classic was easy train in here. Take a deep breath. Wow is still faceroll and easy. Level 10-30 dungeons are also not a direct comparison to end game dungeon content.

Players are still mostly dogshit (failed an uunat lfr 5 times in a row the other day).
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I really don't like how people are using the word classic to describe vanilla in this thread.

Classic= whats coming out soon.
    Vanilla =what we had 15 years ago.

Lets not confuse the two please.
    "My brother thinks I'm crazy to play the same game for years. He doesn't understand. I plan to play it for the rest of my life."

The Lightbringer
    I dunno I think playing with 400+ ping playing on a US server from Australia on a laptop touchpad in bed with 12yo kids that had no idea how to play any game made shit hard as fuck. Definitely more involved than now. Even the shittiest players got better after 14 years my dude.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    If you originally attempted the dungeon while being 10 year old of course it was hard for you.

Expecting streamers with years of experience to struggle in same places 10-year-old you struggled is laughable.

However, average player is still a moron. People were crying over Cata heroics, and they were much easier than Blackrock Depths or Scholomance. You WILL get these morons in your group and thus you WILL struggle.
    I remember a Pug mage raging because we asked him to sheep like 2 days into cata doing heroics. The players make the content hard for sure

I leveled in classic with two friends and we three manned all the dungeons with a holy paladin doing the tanking and the healing (with me on a rogue and the other friend on a mage) because we didn't know two other people to make a five man party and it took too long to find randoms.

If we could do that successfully all the way up and at the cap, probably the dungeons probably aren't quite as hard as folks generally remember them to be. Maybe the playerbase was just not very good yet because the game was new and we were still figuring stuff out.

| youtube | twitch | twitter
    |

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

They are capped at level 30, and none of those dungeons were hard. Most of the difficulty came from players not knowing what to do and some wonky stuff, like aggroing the entire boat in VC. Mechanically VC, SFK, and the others at that level weren't difficult.

I'm sure Blizzard will check it out if the players are saying it feels too easy, but I think it's just a matter of having a ton of experience on these beta tests compared to the larger WoW player base between 2004 and 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I dont know man. Today i can just press button and finish entire wow content while ignoring 99% of all mechanics.

From what I saw in beta dungeons were more than fine. I correctly remember first time I played WOW with a friend back in vanilla. I was totally clueless and tanked dungeons as Ret Pala with Righteous Fury on, and tanked that way all up to ST or so. Since I didn't have any knowledge about the dungeons and everything was fine, maybe except some wipes in Mara, I don't see how experienced players should have any issues doing dungeons, while at close level or even outleveling them.

Let me put it this way: Back in 2005 my friend and i soloed Deadmines as level 19 paladins. We did level up near the end so the last part we both were level 20s. Around the same time i was soloing all the wings of Scarlet Monastery on my 60 warlock for my girlfriend, she was a lvl 32 mage and i was gearing her up. Later when she got the level 55 mage water quest we did Dire Maul east just the two of us to get her quest done. Just the part we needed for the quest and the little imp to get her the key...

So i don't think dungeons were that hard ever. Time consuming? Certainly! And some of the later dungeons were obviously harder, like BRD or Sunken Temple. I don't think i ever did wipe to SunkenTemple... except for ONE time... my very first time when i did not know we had to clear ALL the drakonid and we pulled Eranikus... LOL omg it was so fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I dont know man. Today i can just press button and finish entire wow content while ignoring 99% of all mechanics.
    lfr or normal isn't real content my dude

everything in classic are easy, if you think classic is going to be hard you eithet never played vanilla or you forget how hard the content in retail is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    lfr or normal isn't real content my dude
    Yes it is real content for most players. Actualy lowest difficulty is always what determinates difficulty of the game never the highest. It is about how difficult is to finish content which isnt hard at all in moder wow becouse of easy mods. Thats what makes moder wow super casual and boring. Easy mods. In classic you do the dungeon or you dont thats it. No difficulty nonsense, no artificial timer, no rush, no corridor style dungeons where you just follow 1 path.

As long as moder wow will have easy mods where you can pretty much cheat content it will never be harder.