Page 1 of 38
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Everyone in the beta reporting that dungeons are REALLY easy :(

What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?

thread number 5 million on this.

Private servers buff shit to make it harder do to massive amounts of readily available information, as well as not having exact values for mobs and abilities

Classic WAS fucking easy, people were just clueless back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were never hard, just time consuming and requiring patience, sometimes confusing.

Vanilla was never truly "hard", you just had so many roadblocks (many of which we are now better at handling/have better ideas of), that it seemed hard. It was an illusion.

IMO TBC Heroics were the "hard" dungeons and even then it was easy, just once again tedious and time consuming. Same thing with the Cata heroics, people slammed how hard they were, people just didn't want to wait for healers to get mana.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    I don't know where thats coming from but not all the dungeons were that hard in vanilla. Also don't forget the expectation, it was different back then gathering people that knew nothing about the game and people that have been playing wow for over a decade and can fear or sheep if they are asked to. I remember dungeons like WC being very mild and easy to walk through whilst leveling my alts during vanilla and before 1.12.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post

IMO TBC Heroics were the "hard" dungeons and even then it was easy, just once again tedious and time consuming. Same thing with the Cata heroics, people slammed how hard they were, people just didn't want to wait for healers to get mana.
    I'll add that TBC per-nerf heroic dungeons were, imo, the hardest dungeons ever. Nothing like having all melee mobs 360 cleave.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People just want to remember that it's hard, it wasn't.

A number of people constantly like to remind people how brutal dungeons are in Vanilla to the point that people actually take them slow, out of fear of just wiping. Pretty sure it gets implanted in peoples minds that pulling too much in leveling is a huge setback, especially when it comes to running back while leveling.

I've done several dungeons and it's not hard at all. We've wiped once, and that was only because one of the hunters in my group decided that when I LoS pulled something in WC, that he should send his pet in immediately an aggro about 8 mobs that all have casts.

This isn't me saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but the dungeons are very easy. There are very little things to watch out mechanically in dungeons, with the only criteria being to pull 'safely' and to make sure things don't run into other packs. Vanilla and TBC were largely void of actual dungeon mechanics, and mobs generally had an assortment of random debuffs and stuns along with just doing damage with restricted how much you could pull. Modern WoW asks you to pull a lot, and incorporate kiting, LoS, and an assortment of interrupts along with planning damage/defensive CDs.

Let's put it this way. When I did Firemaw in BWL 15 years ago we had so many people that died because they didn't understand the concept of LoS at all. Fast forward 15 years later, and while some people are a little slow on LoS still, nearly everybody I did dungeons with understood exactly what I was doing by pulling and immediately running back behind a wall. This literally never happened when I played that many years ago, in addition to people actually kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Classic WAS fucking easy, people were just clueless back then.
    /thread.

They seemed hard if you didn't CC, pull right, or kill in the peoper order. Plus not knowing all the mechanics.

It was hard cause u played with 500 ms since dial up connections or 1mbit at best
    It was hard cause back then the majority was like 8-10 years old
    It was hard cause the player base back then was terrible at video games
    It was hard cause the hours and days server were down cause of problems make u believe "this game is hard since it takes me 5 days to geta lvl" hence the fact servers were down for 4 days

In other words game was not hard. Was braindead easy, and just time consuming. Tbc in other hand had some difficult dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Like everyone else said.. Classic and even through BC until the Wrath pre patch where they killed class identity: If you had the right group, if you knew what you were doing (nobody did back in 04..) the game wasn't like this MYTHIC HARDCORE Rank Juan Gladiator experience that the classic community likes to believe.. it's just that your TOOLKIT gave you SHIT to deal with back then that in todays world: you just don't have to even think about.

People try low level dungeons. OH MY GERD ITS EASY.
    Good luck in stratholme.

Classic was tideous, not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post

Dungeons were always easy, what are you on about?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even with limited tool kits, a lot of people understand core concepts better now than they did then.

LoS 15 years ago? Forget about it.
    Kiting 15 years ago? Forget about it.
    Interrupts and stuns? Well, that's still kinda mixed even after 15 years, lol.

All of the Vanilla dungeons are pretty easy if you don't over pull and either kite or use LoS to your advantage if you find yourself in a terrible spot. When these things happened when I played, people just fell over like flies and panic ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by Armadildo View Post
    People try low level dungeons. OH MY GERD ITS EASY.
    Good luck in stratholme.
    Stratholme was also easy. I mean sure, when you fail at every CC and the simpliest tactics it's "hard", but so is any BFA dungeon.

classic never was hard LOL

classic = time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> skill

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that low level vanilla dungeons were hard. They were made for people who never played WoW before, who turn with keyboard and clicks spells with mouse, who disconnect every now and then and plays with 2000 ping. They were hard for noobs. No wonder that world-class players on modern computers breeze through them. I think that high-level dungeons will be harder.

You know... its partly cause majority of players were total noobs back then and made tons of retarded mistakes ones that even medicore casual retail players dont these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I'm also fairly certain that dungeons in like 1.2 were a lot harder than in 1.12 as well.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I mean, I'm also fairly certain that dungeons in like 1.2 were a lot harder than in 1.12 as well.
    dungeons themselves didn't really change

The player characters got a lot stronger