Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In Classic, I remember running my first dungeon with three people in RFC. As a shaman, I tanked and healed, while my rogue and hunter friends did the DPS. We cleared the whole thing.

I regularly ran LBRS with two hunters, a rogue, an arms warrior, and my shaman. I did Strat (Live) with a shaman "tank." Tanks weren't necessary at all outside of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I mean of course something that scales up endlessly will be technically harder.

I hate the timer though, BC and Cataclysm heroics were a ton of fun. Mythic+ feels like a chore. I miss when the game was an RPG not an e-sports platform.
    Fair enough, as long as that is acknowledged, then it indeed makes sense to point out HC tbc dungeons as the hardest non-scaleable, non-timed dungeons for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    MMO-Champ needs upvotes

I have a bit over 1500 hours of /played, I don't expect any actual difficulty in dungeons. The only difficulty will be from people being dumb or making mistakes.

That's rookie numbers. I have over 1 year /played on my main alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post

yeah pretty much, think I hit 1 year played near the end of MoP I try not to look anymore

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I mean, I'm also fairly certain that dungeons in like 1.2 were a lot harder than in 1.12 as well.
    Strath and Scholo were an absolute bitch to run as 5-mans originally. People did them in raid groups to zerg them for loot, but if you had to run one for a quest (after they changed it so you couldn't just jump out of the raid for a second to loot a quest item.) they were really shitty and they took forever. By 1.12 they'd been nerfed into the ground to make up for not being able to run them in raids anymore.

The leveling dungeons were never really difficult, especially by 1.12, just tedious and overly time consuming.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Can't wait for people to get to Molten Core and report the staggering news that Molten Core is a piss easy instance, just like it always has been.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Can't wait for people to get to Molten Core and report the staggering news that Molten Core is a piss easy instance, just like it always has been.
    Watch it get swiftly "countered" by some guy claiming that they wiped to the first Firelord - while forgetting to mentiond they pulled it while 90% of the raid was afk so only tank and couple healers were ready. Nono, tons of little fire adds, that's totally what happened in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    No, thats not true. The skill cap has raised, the average skill remained static. Today, you got better good and great players, but normal players, which are the vast majority, did not become better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Thats experience and knowledge, not skill. Also raising the skill cap does not mean players become better, they just get more room to shine.

Seriously doubt it.
    If you guys want to debate skill vs. skill obtained through experience/knowledge then have it. But it doesn't really change the fact that the average player now plays at a higher level than the average player when WoW first launched. I expect that many people are going to find vanilla content easier to handle this time around.

I'm not saying that the average player in retail is great, or even good, but people during vanilla were often very bad, and they did not understand how to do some pretty rudimentary shit at the time.

Dungeons weren't too hard when I was semi-tanking or trying to heal as an Enhance up to lv 45ish. Granted this was in TBC, but it's comparable.

Classic's challenge is time sink, not difficulty wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    Dungeons weren't too hard when I was semi-tanking or trying to heal as an Enhance up to lv 45ish. Granted this was in TBC, but it's comparable.

Classic's challenge is time sink, not difficulty wall.
    I never used cc when I tanked on my warrior in classic until max level dungeons. It was mostly unexpected mobs or pats that were scary.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Low level dungeons end up being to easy? Well color me shocked..

I remember clearing them back when I first played and the entire group had no idea what a dungeon was supposed to be (running Ragefire Chasm for the first time). We were just zerging mobs till we got to the point that the whole place is clear, and we were like ''guess we're done''. The only thing you needed to know is to not pull to many mobs.

Some dungeons like Scholomance and Stratholme can still prove to be a cock in the ass if your group keeps running around not looking in every corner where groups of mobs are hanging around. I still even get bad Stratholme experiences in BFA because of uncareful pulls.

Vanilla was incredibly easy. As long as Classic is exactly the way vanilla was I'm fine with it, it's not exactly the game you play when you want a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Vanilla was incredibly easy. As long as Classic is exactly the way vanilla was I'm fine with it, it's not exactly the game you play when you want a challenge.
    I will say, it's extremely refreshing on beta to have regular mobs be threatening. My mage couldn't take two mobs he's out of mana after one. And a lot of areas have dense mob counts with patrols.

That's a huge difference, the constant threat of death when leveling makes the game a lot more engaging.

Dungeons aren't going to be hard, but you do have to be careful. Pulling a ton of extra mobs will cause wipes.

Yeah, vanilla WoW was never hard. I personally played WildStar and that was way harder. Harder group content. Even FF14 was harder except for the first few dungeons. Vanilla WoW is until Aq40 FULL of tank and spank fights, with MAYBE one or two added mechanics thrown in, one of them being (in raids at least) not to stand in a fire. Though back then people were really new to raiding, so some people were still bad enough to stand in those fires, which was the challenge back in the day. xD

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    One thing is the skills in 1.12 build over earlier builds were better designed and easier to play with. Second is that the dungeons in Vanilla were easy if you took the time to CC, plan pulls and were decent players in general(focus DPS the tank). Lastly gamers are better in general now than 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    yeah pretty much, think I hit 1 year played near the end of MoP I try not to look anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post

My bad, I meant 1500 days
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Vanilla Dungeons weren't that hard and they never were.

People thinks that its hard because everyone back then was stupid and new, now we know how the game is, and how stupidly easy thy were.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Mythic+ would like to have a word with you. Else link me your world first +30 BfA dungeon done in time.
    Knowing how and when to skip mobs and content, imo, doesn't prove skill. At least that's my understanding of how you're required to do m+ nowadays, isn't it? The most qualified to cheese and skip content in the most creative ways are the best.

Dungeons in classic were not hard to being with.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    Everything in vanilla was easy. You might have sucked back then but the game was silly easy compared to what you have today. Deal with it.