Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Everything in vanilla was easy. You might have sucked back then but the game was silly easy compared to what you have today. Deal with it.
    You honestly think that classic dungeons are easier than their retail versions?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Classic WAS fucking easy, people were just clueless back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Classic was tideous, not hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    People are just much better at the game now.
    Can we all just agree that this sums things up?

Everyone on the classic was easy train in here. Take a deep breath. Wow is still faceroll and easy. Level 10-30 dungeons are also not a direct comparison to end game dungeon content.

Players are still mostly dogshit (failed an uunat lfr 5 times in a row the other day).
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I really don't like how people are using the word classic to describe vanilla in this thread.

Classic= whats coming out soon.
    Vanilla =what we had 15 years ago.

Lets not confuse the two please.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno I think playing with 400+ ping playing on a US server from Australia on a laptop touchpad in bed with 12yo kids that had no idea how to play any game made shit hard as fuck. Definitely more involved than now. Even the shittiest players got better after 14 years my dude.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    If you originally attempted the dungeon while being 10 year old of course it was hard for you.

Expecting streamers with years of experience to struggle in same places 10-year-old you struggled is laughable.

However, average player is still a moron. People were crying over Cata heroics, and they were much easier than Blackrock Depths or Scholomance. You WILL get these morons in your group and thus you WILL struggle.
    I remember a Pug mage raging because we asked him to sheep like 2 days into cata doing heroics. The players make the content hard for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled in classic with two friends and we three manned all the dungeons with a holy paladin doing the tanking and the healing (with me on a rogue and the other friend on a mage) because we didn't know two other people to make a five man party and it took too long to find randoms.

If we could do that successfully all the way up and at the cap, probably the dungeons probably aren't quite as hard as folks generally remember them to be. Maybe the playerbase was just not very good yet because the game was new and we were still figuring stuff out.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

They are capped at level 30, and none of those dungeons were hard. Most of the difficulty came from players not knowing what to do and some wonky stuff, like aggroing the entire boat in VC. Mechanically VC, SFK, and the others at that level weren't difficult.

I'm sure Blizzard will check it out if the players are saying it feels too easy, but I think it's just a matter of having a ton of experience on these beta tests compared to the larger WoW player base between 2004 and 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Everything in vanilla was easy. You might have sucked back then but the game was silly easy compared to what you have today. Deal with it.
    I dont know man. Today i can just press button and finish entire wow content while ignoring 99% of all mechanics.

From what I saw in beta dungeons were more than fine. I correctly remember first time I played WOW with a friend back in vanilla. I was totally clueless and tanked dungeons as Ret Pala with Righteous Fury on, and tanked that way all up to ST or so. Since I didn't have any knowledge about the dungeons and everything was fine, maybe except some wipes in Mara, I don't see how experienced players should have any issues doing dungeons, while at close level or even outleveling them.

Let me put it this way: Back in 2005 my friend and i soloed Deadmines as level 19 paladins. We did level up near the end so the last part we both were level 20s. Around the same time i was soloing all the wings of Scarlet Monastery on my 60 warlock for my girlfriend, she was a lvl 32 mage and i was gearing her up. Later when she got the level 55 mage water quest we did Dire Maul east just the two of us to get her quest done. Just the part we needed for the quest and the little imp to get her the key...

So i don't think dungeons were that hard ever. Time consuming? Certainly! And some of the later dungeons were obviously harder, like BRD or Sunken Temple. I don't think i ever did wipe to SunkenTemple... except for ONE time... my very first time when i did not know we had to clear ALL the drakonid and we pulled Eranikus... LOL omg it was so fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I dont know man. Today i can just press button and finish entire wow content while ignoring 99% of all mechanics.
    lfr or normal isn't real content my dude

everything in classic are easy, if you think classic is going to be hard you eithet never played vanilla or you forget how hard the content in retail is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    lfr or normal isn't real content my dude
    Yes it is real content for most players. Actualy lowest difficulty is always what determinates difficulty of the game never the highest. It is about how difficult is to finish content which isnt hard at all in moder wow becouse of easy mods. Thats what makes moder wow super casual and boring. Easy mods. In classic you do the dungeon or you dont thats it. No difficulty nonsense, no artificial timer, no rush, no corridor style dungeons where you just follow 1 path.

As long as moder wow will have easy mods where you can pretty much cheat content it will never be harder.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Classic WAS fucking easy, people were just clueless back then.
    1000 times this. And I cleared Nax40 3 days before BC came online. It was hard because I was a frikking clicker back then. Try to move and frostnova and sheep and dps when you are a clicker. It was hard because I was a bad player. I guess with the skill level I have now in this game it will feel like a walk in the park.
    But classic was soooo time intensive. When was the last time you had 40 people sniffing a flower for more dps in a raid? I 'member:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Classic dungeons weren't hard unless your group was bad. As soon as everyone understood their character, had a decent tank and healer, and DPS that could re-CC (like the hardest thing for people to remember to do) it wasn't bad. It wasn't fast by any standard and you can wipe by over pulling, but overall the dungeons were pretty easy. Sometimes the worst parts were just knowing the path. BRD, LBRS, WC, etc. Could take forever just because you went the damn wrong way and killed a shit load of extra stuff.

I remember the biggest requirement for being a in a good guild was, don't be a clicker or keyboard turner. That was the extent of skill required for application.

Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    Who is everyone?

All of the streamers that I watch are happy with classic so far and difficulty seems about right according to them. Also when I look at the dungeon runs they seem about right... they're all also carefully pulling, using potions, buffs, first aid etc. It's just that everyone knows what to do and how to play and thus overall the game may seem easier as you remember it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    1000 times this. And I cleared Nax40 3 days before BC came online. It was hard because I was a frikking clicker back then. Try to move and frostnova and sheep and dps when you are a clicker. It was hard because I was a bad player. I guess with the skill level I have now in this game it will feel like a walk in the park.
    But classic was soooo time intensive. When was the last time you had 40 people sniffing a flower for more dps in a raid? I 'member:
    Just wondering: Is this picture actually from vanilla or a private server? People are doing this on private servers, but many people are saying that this is only possible due to a bug on these servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It doesn't have to be. As you say, the content isn't that demanding so you really don't have to go sniff a flower for more DPS. If they were better players they could've just gone and killed the content without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Willias View Post
    What dungeons are we talking about? Most leveling dungeons you could just grab mobs and AoE them down. CC really wasn't really needed until close to level cap, and even then it wasn't always needed.

And it depended on how well characters were geared. Early WoW, people were diving into dungeons with gear for characters 20 levels lower than they were. Dungeons don't really get difficult until the Plaguelands and Blackrock dungeons.

CC becoming a major thing needed on every pull didn't exist until the Burning Crusade.
    Some one did not play Vanilla back in the day, sound like an heirloom fan running content while beign vastly over geared. In Vanilla you very overjoyfull getting a green item, and your tank could well go into DM with a couple of grey items. Today we just know a bit more than back then like spamming Battle shout as an aoe magnet below lvl 20 etc. Back then nobody knew these things, and we had the whole wait for 2-3 sunders.

7+ Year Old Account

Question

It could also look like balance problems after "addition" of surplus content with parallel rebalance of old part (we mentioned already stuff like Naxx period not long ago). Although this isn't full metal statement, since I didn't play vanilla (in fact, never claimed this) and also have no experience with private ones (so can't say anything even about them, except for several “launch periods”). If we assume that they aren't mistaken with numbers, then such problem shouldn't be forgetten in this discussion too (it would be interesting to compare characteristics balance between stages in sense of “expansion progress”). Couple of people in this topic have already hinted at this, but for some reason I also wanted to insert my 5 cents, because... well, this is quite important, rebalance can change a lot stuff and usually really doing this.

Also, is it really true that private servers "make it difficulter" (mentioned by someone in the thread)? This looks like some kind of strange policy, I mean, I didn't play there, and suddenly it became interesting to see how real everything is "difficulter". Especially if one considers that rumors about server that had "exploded" after which a rather active dialogue began, explosive spark, saying that everything is enough Blizzard-like there... did they also complicate something? I hope question doesn’t look very naive, but since I don’t have vanilla/private server experience, and BC experience is quite suitable for me in my time. How much everything is different between current "Classic", Blizzard-like server and just occasional private one? Anyone? It'll be difficult to isolate a sane answer with such concentration of starving trolls in subject line, but still I'll risk

ps. Fortunately, attitude to the problem that worries me more, doesn't change yet, and if we forget about small peripeteias in form of "layers" and a sudden (according to testers) ease walkthrough, I still haven't much to worry about... but they still have time to spoil everything, since, as practice shows, there is no one equal to them in this matter
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-24 at 06:24 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__