Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    We actually did kill him without it because we wiped so many times that we just lost the patience to get the buff again and again. We also had several external warlock soulstones on the raid and wiped after that anyway, didn't repeate that. But sometimes you needed the buffs to reach new phases in the boss encounter. May old raids had bosses that checked your raid dps. Most famous one was Patchwerk.
    I always thought of Patchwerk as a healer's fight, with a serious gear requirement on tanks and healers but not really a particularly tough dps check.

Now Loatheb I remember being a huge DPS test.

At least if these old forum screenshots are to be believed.

So many supposed vanilla players here saying shit like "vanilla was easy" are harming their credibility. Vanilla was not easy. It wasn't terribly hard, but to say it presented no challenge to the players is a lie. You know how these days you can tag 6+ mobs at once and aoe them down? Nope, couldn't do that in Vanilla. In fact, if you pulled more than 2 at once (for the vast majority of classes) that was a guaranteed death. Yes, even the starting zones and especially next-level zones were much harsher than today. There were areas in Vanilla in the outside world with (usually roaming) elites that if you pulled one, for most classes that was a deathwish. It's ridiculous how people are bending over backwards to say "x and y happened, but it wasn't hard" or "w and z were factors, but it wasn't hard". What exactly do you think determines how difficult something is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    -snip-
    Wow, vanilla is so hard.
    /s
    Notice how they have tier 2.5 and tier 3.

So these guys have killed Patchwerk and most likely cleared most of AQ.
    Onyxia is an entry level raid that they massively overgear who they would have experienced killing every single week even if just for the head buff.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-05-20 at 09:46 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons weren't hard. I remember soloing Shadowfang at level 22 up to and including Fel Steed when I was little (and by no means a good player). Also made good progress in Wailing Caverns alone to farm deviate leather.
    People were just largely clueless, which isn't going to happen with nowadays' knowledge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, those nostalgia glasses are slowly falling off.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They dont. People never wanted classic for its difficulty. They wanted it for its community aspect, immersion, character progression and over all rpg aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    So many supposed vanilla players here saying shit like "vanilla was easy" are harming their credibility. Vanilla was not easy. It wasn't terribly hard, but to say it presented no challenge to the players is a lie. You know how these days you can tag 6+ mobs at once and aoe them down? Nope, couldn't do that in Vanilla. In fact, if you pulled more than 2 at once (for the vast majority of classes) that was a guaranteed death. Yes, even the starting zones and especially next-level zones were much harsher than today. There were areas in Vanilla in the outside world with (usually roaming) elites that if you pulled one, for most classes that was a deathwish. It's ridiculous how people are bending over backwards to say "x and y happened, but it wasn't hard" or "w and z were factors, but it wasn't hard". What exactly do you think determines how difficult something is?
    The main determining factor in how hard vanilla dungeons were, was how many bad players you had in your party. Back then the impact of a terrible player was much bigger. A bad tank was useless. Today a bad tank just needs to faceroll the right buttons to keep aggro. A bad dps'er was worse than dead weight as they pulled extra packs and broke cc. A bad healer would run out of mana in no time.

But for players who were average or better, it was very easy. Easier than current mythic dungeons. I remember 5 priests from my guild doing Dire Maul in vanilla just for kicks. Everything was slower and more punishing back then - but it was not harder. The skill floor was higher, but the skill ceiling was lower. If you farmed your consumables, had properly statted gear, enchants, etc. - then you steamrolled dungeons and raids to a much higher degree than today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    They dont. People never wanted classic for its difficulty. They wanted it for its community aspect, immersion, character progression and over all rpg aspects.
    Oh I heard differently all those years. I also see it differential, looking at beta reports. They kept telling me how Vanilla was sooo hard, so complex. But hey, now they can immerse and progress all they want, while spamming single ability on a boss that also has 1 meaningful mechanic.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally every second classic thread is about how much harder it was back then and how retail is for babies, so clearly the a chunk of the community expected some major difficult wow, talkin about which the community will defo become another elitist circlejerk where you wont get an invite into some dungeons soon if you dont play fotm.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Just wait, man.

I can guarantee you that the next thing they'll be screaming is that this is "not the real Classic/Vanilla" and things don't work as they did back then.
    Wait, they are already screaming that. Nvm.

Oh I heard differently all those years. I also see it differential, looking at beta reports. They kept telling me how Vanilla was sooo hard, so complex. But hey, now they can immerse and progress all they want, while spamming single ability on a boss that also has 1 meaningful mechanic.
    So pretty much same as modern wow expect you can ignore every single mechanic. Classic have atlest 1.

So pretty much same as modern wow expect you can ignore every single mechanic. Classic have atlest 1.
    Please try ignoring every single mechanic on normal difficulty or higher in raiding, see how that works out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahahahahaha. Good one buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Just wait, man.

I can guarantee you that the next thing they'll be screaming is that this is "not the real Classic/Vanilla" and things don't work as they did back then.
    Wait, they are already screaming that. Nvm.
    "BC/WotLK was da best!!!" incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Please try ignoring every single mechanic on normal difficulty or higher in raiding, see how that works out.
    Pretty easy actualy i have done normal dungeons. There was nothing punishing. And i have seen only 1 mechanics in LFR what actualy does wipe raid for entire bfa so again no.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-05-20 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I always thought of Patchwerk as a healer's fight, with a serious gear requirement on tanks and healers but not really a particularly tough dps check.
    Now Loatheb I remember being a huge DPS test.
    At least if these old forum screenshots are to be believed.
    Both. If you don't dps fast enough, the healers just run out of mana. Patchwerk was the first encounter that wanted max dps+max hps or your tank would die (oom healers) since he would enrage during the last percents, making it impossible to heal the tanks for a long time.

I was there, I had my rolling ignite meter - it was a dps race. I also remember the healers going oom, tank dies and dps burning down the last percent from range while Patchwerk cleaved all melees to death.

I should have made more screenshot back then.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2019-05-20 at 01:11 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I'm really looking forward to Classic because I want to revisit all the old zones, quests, the old dungeons how they used to be before they got revamped and do all the old RAID's when they are actually current and useful. And of course you have the community aspect that follows not having flying mounts, LFD, LFR etc.. You are pretty much forced into having a group of friends, having a guild or communicate within the world to really do anything other than normal questing and professions.

But I'm not one of those who screams for "NO CHANGES!!!!". I really see no point on replicating World of Warcraft Patch 1.12.1 one:tone. There are quite a few quality of life improvements from TBC and WotLK they could implement that wouldn't do anything other than improving the experience and quality of life of the products.

Like meeting stones not being activated until TBC. Sure it makes Warlocks become much more useful and desirable, but forcing each and every group member to travel to the dungeon entrace before you can begin unless you have a Warlock is just needlessly tedious. Why not have them activated in Classic? What harm would that really do?

A loot of additional mailboxes was place around in smaller towns throughout the game in TBC so you didn't have to take that long walk to a major town or capitol to read your mail within the game. Would implementing these additional mailboxes really harm the Classic experience?

Automatic Flight Paths aren't impelementet yet are they? So if you are going to fly from one end of the continent to the other you would have to manually fly from each flight point along the way. You can't just select the one that is your end destination and have it cycle through all the various ones along the way for you. You have to fly from one to the other, then manually select your next destination, rinse and repeate until you arrive at your destination. Is this really necessary, wouldn't it be nice to have the automatic fligh path implemented?

Same with the automatic tracking of new quests. Do we really need to have it behave stupid like it did in vanilla? Where it doesn't actually do what it says it's going to do? It won't show in your track quests before you actually make progress in the quest. This was fixed in TBC so it will actually automatically add new quests to your tracked quests when you pick them up as it was always intended to do. Why not have this implemented from the get-go? What harm would it do?

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    Like meeting stones not being activated until TBC. Sure it makes Warlocks become much more useful and desirable, but forcing each and every group member to travel to the dungeon entrace before you can begin unless you have a Warlock is just needlessly tedious. Why not have them activated in Classic? What harm would that really do?
    I think this is a huge one that has to stay, because it keeps the feel of the world as a huge place.

Pretty easy actualy i have done normal dungeons. There was nothing punishing. And i have seen only 1 mechanics in LFR what actualy does wipe raid for entire bfa so again no.
    So you are comparing normal dungeons and lfr that are braindead easy with classic dungeons and raids and u r saying its on par. Tnx for pointing out how easy classic is. Oh and btw total mechanics in all bosses in all raids in classic 117. Mechanics in BOD and COS alone over 120 which at least 70 are one shot mechanics for either player or entire raid.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    So you are comparing normal dungeons and lfr that are braindead easy with classic dungeons and raids and u r saying its on par. Tnx for pointing out how easy classic is. Oh and btw total mechanics in all bosses in all raids in classic 117. Mechanics in BOD and COS alone over 120 which at least 70 are one shot mechanics for either player or entire raid.
    No classic dungeons are actualy harder than normal dungeons and LFR in modern wow. Thats why moder wow will never be harder. Higher difficulty levels are no relevant becouse it is same content. You finished LFR = you finished raid.

Game difficulty is determined by lowest possible difficulty not highest.

No classic dungeons are actualy harder than normal dungeons and LFR in modern wow. Thats why moder wow will never be harder. Higher difficulty levels are no relevant becouse it is same content. You finished LFR = you finished raid.

Game difficulty is determined by lowest possible difficulty not highest.
    lol

Way to make yourself feel better.