Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Watching someone stream SFK right now, and if it will stay this easy then you can do dungeons 3-4 man if you want save yourself some loot competition or just can't find 5 peepz.
    Yes? All the 5man dungeons were done as 2-3man parties back in early vanilla. It's accurate.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Yes? All the 5man dungeons were done as 2-3man parties back in early vanilla. It's accurate.
    When they originally came out, they were 40 man dungeons. UBRS and Strat would take 40 people. The Plague Ghouls in Strat would one-shot anyone within range of their AE poison. When we started MC I doubt there were more than 2-3 purples in the entire raid.

I'm confused about the 'it wasn't hard if' comments. The if and countering that if is what makes it hard, isn't it? Or am I wrong on the expectation of what hard entails.

Quote Originally Posted by OGClennisell View Post
    When they originally came out, they were 40 man dungeons. UBRS and Strat would take 40 people. The Plague Ghouls in Strat would one-shot anyone within range of their AE poison. When we started MC I doubt there were more than 2-3 purples in the entire raid.
    Yes, i do remember doing scholomance with 24 players. I also remember doing it with 4 players 2 weeks later. All dungeons up to lvl 50 were 2-3 manned in earliest days of wow by skilled players, while bad players managed to wipe over and over in them with 20+ players.

Quote Originally Posted by lortsy12 View Post
    In retail leveling you can just faceroll and pull tons of mob in the world at the same time without a problem, quests are very streamlined and easy, no need for CC (in dungeons or world) ever, no need for grouping up for world content, professions, lfd and lfr also mount prices and gold. Anyway it doesn't really matter, I think vanilla is just superior game in almost every single aspect than retail.
    Sure, everyone have their own subjective perspective on enjoyment. Vanilla was however mechanically simple and used time as a way to make it seem hard. Sure it's a face roll for most content now, but mechanics are harder and rotations and class knowledge, for dps especially, is more complex than it was in vanilla.

To sum it up i would say vanilla was simple and not complex at all, but punishing and forced you to take it slow.
    While retail has more depth and complex mechanics but lacking the punishment.

If they kept the Vanilla punishment with retails mechanics I would be happy. Atm I will choose a more complex gameplay even if it's face roll easy than simple and boring gameplay and being tideuous at it.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    We ran UBRS 3 times a night for blood for Ony keys - as a 40 man. I think it was harder than people remember. We didn't suck either, I think we were #20 - #25 USA for KT kill. Either way, we enjoyed it 14 years ago as serious business and will enjoy it again as casual players...hope you all do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Pretty easy actualy i have done normal dungeons. There was nothing punishing. And i have seen only 1 mechanics in LFR what actualy does wipe raid for entire bfa so again no.
    Please try reading my post again.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Classic WAS fucking easy, people were just clueless back then.
    This. Dungeons were hard to me back then because I keyboard turned, clicked, and had no idea what was going on. And most of the other people in my groups probably didn't know what was going on either. I'm also going to be playing with guildies this time. I'm pretty sure I'll be steamrolling a lot of content that took me hours the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    This. Dungeons were hard to me back then because I keyboard turned, clicked, and had no idea what was going on. And most of the other people in my groups probably didn't know what was going on either. I'm also going to be playing with guildies this time. I'm pretty sure I'll be steamrolling a lot of content that took me hours the first time.
    This is true, but after 1 year of playing i bet that you learned how to use some macros, or realized that you could have been efficient binding your keys.
    Just think about the hunter epic quest and the backward jumpshot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3BlF-x-to

I do agree that we could be steamrolling a lot of content, but I am also sure that, given the people I happened to see in retail ( pvp, wpvp, m+, n/h dungeons, lfr, etc... ), wipes won't be that rare as we could think.

Probably many players from retail could find themselves dead or unable to beat some content, at least at the beginning.

Classic was always trivally easy. It was just artifically hard because everyone sucked. Your typical LFR raider in BFA is likely much better than a world first raider in classic.

People who play WoW find easy content easy? How surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    What do you guys think about this?

I played vanilla and definitely remember them being as hard if not harder than the levelling. The guys in the beta are reporting levelling being MUCH hard than private servers but dungeons being WAY easier. They are talking about the possibility there was a stealth nerf to dungeons in 1.12

I hope this wasn't the case as easy dungeons will really suck in classic imo, what do you guys reckon?
    dungeons were never hard. Hardest part of dungeon is making a group and keeping it together
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    You honestly think that classic dungeons are easier than their retail versions?
    The hardest content in vanilla was about as hard as the average HC dungeon is on retail (with gear appropriate for that difficulty). Actually, HC dungeons are probably harder now in most cases. 90% of all bosses were just tank and spank and even when the newer ones came out you had to deal with like one or two abilities that usually were just - Don't stand in that!
    Vanilla has nothing that comes even close to m+ or mythic raids these days.

The game was a joke and so is classic going to be. It's a huge time sink but nothing is even remotely difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I dont know man. Today i can just press button and finish entire wow content while ignoring 99% of all mechanics.
    No, you can't. You have clearly not experienced much of retails endgame content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Please try ignoring every single mechanic on normal difficulty or higher in raiding, see how that works out.
    just don't get targeted by any mechanics or play bm kappa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I should have made more screenshot back then.
    One thing to notice about vanilla/retail was that in classic many players used those cosmetic UI addons, with diablo style mana/hp globes taking up to 50% of your screen. On retail you have... weak auras for encounter stuff and maybe procs, maybe a bar of skills if you didn't memorized everything yet. Says a lot of how much awareness you need now compared to vanilla.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Like mage tower challenges in legion? Like trial challenge dungeons in wod? Like proving grounds? You mean all this single difficulty which 90% of player base was yelling "omg to hard plz nerf "? Guess who was the ones that were yelling for nerfs. Ppl that never did anything above lfr, the same difficulty classic is.
    Lfr isnt same difficulty as classic.. And yeah those people whined. Why you thonk bfa is in state it is? Becouse Blizzard listen to such players all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    just don't get targeted by any mechanics or play bm kappa
    Lol, didn't see that bm are going to have bestial wrath till the beginning.
    Thought that they only fucked up with druids, but they didn't let me down

Also surv won't have lacerate ( also endgame talent trees for paladins, priests, and so on ).

This classic is a total mess...

Now I think I understand why dungeons seem in effect easier than those who are playing remember...
    Last edited by Gatto; 2019-05-20 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It reall didn't present a challenge. Pulling 6 mobs was not something anyone did. Most that played previous MMOs would never try this since it would have been a guaranteed death in those games. New players to the genre would understand that one move took long enough to kill in the starting areas that pulling 2 or more was not the way to play. I don't say that is harder or difficult. A fresh 110 with boosted or not raid/catchup gear will get slaughtered with more than 2 mons on them now.

Roaming elites were challenging I'll give you that, but they were very easy to avoid and not well populated enough to really be a threat.

And yes, I've been playing since April of 2004 as part of testing. Had a few hour lapse in my subs once in 2006ish when I forgot to update my new card info. I have run everything in this game and it has gotten both easier and more difficult as it goes on. But Vanillas biggest challenge to players was the amount of time it consumed to do most anything, logistics of forming and keeping a group going, and the fact nobody knew anything about anything in the game.
    What grinds my gear the most is this "you couldn't pull 2 mobs and not die!" argument. Off course you could, but why would you want to do that? It's not like you are going to kill them any faster this way. Now if i play a mage i will pull giant trains of mobs just because i have so much cleave to take them down fast, pulling them one by one would be akin to trying to pull giant trains of mobs on classic - it's not effective way of doing things. When i leveled rogue on classic i definitely pulled bunch of mobs because i had blade fury and evasion (and when i accumulated enough gear to DPS them even faster i could easily pull trains of mobs with just health potions)

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Early dungeons were always easy, provided you had decent players that could CC, and a tank that could hold aggro and let the healer have MBs. They do get harder as you level up though.
    No, they really don't. They are all easy and you really don't need CC either.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    --- snip ---
    These are echoes of discussion "content vs progress". You can read about it here+, here and here+ if you really interested.

tl;dr Obtaining end game's content is easier on retail, but its end progress on retail almost unobtainable since is mostly RNG or @$$-hours based (this is if generally omit details).

It remains only to find out what exactly you're trying to compare
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-20 at 03:24 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Lol, didn't see that bm are going to have bestial wrath till the beginning.
    Thought that they only fucked up with druids, but they didn't let me down

Also surv won't have lacerate.

This classic is a total mess...
    It's pre-TBC classic, it's fine.

hunters in pvp are nightmare for clothies tho. Having that giant red cat popping right next to you out of stealth with like 200% speed and immune to CC (or just 200 fucking frost resist), she'll just munch you to death with hunter laughing at you and popping viper sting.