Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Why are you still talking about nostalgia. The beta has been out for days and virtually everyone who has played it has come to realise why the classic (i.e. pre-cata) formula was so much more immersive for an MMO, even those who were skeptical before.
    Sodapoppin & Asmongold do not speak for everyone. They are celebrity figures with huge fanbase. Soda & asmon have managed the same viewers when they played any other games.

And one more note, Soda & asmon have been asking for vanilla for ages. They are purists so of course they will say the game is good.

All of this is also assuming no one is getting paid by blizzard to play the beta and hype the shit out of it.

My opinion still stands. Vanilla is not for everyone. Some people will find it fun, most will hate it couple of weeks later if not the first few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post

not even remotely true but whatever you seem like one of those classic crazy people who hate on live. Probably think classic is harder too when its just a grind, nothing hard about it.
    Nah I actually hate how many classes and talents are broken as well as rotations in general in Classic, but the payoff in Classic psychologically is a 1000x better dopamine rush. That's all that matters to any 'gamer', how the game makes you feel, gameplay systems are only a means to an end and Live doesn't do it for me. Again -- because it plays itself unless you are the top 1%.

That was basically Legion for me. Grinding M+15, only to do it again because the gear artificially inflated and the previous stuff was given out for free.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2019-05-20 at 11:21 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Oh, please don't speak for me. I like hard and dangerous games, I've played my Dark Souls (Vanilla ain't got shit on a SL1 run where one misstep means you're dead against random enemies), my XCOM on Impossible where RNG alone that kill 20 hours of progress, my Dragon Age: Origins with difficulty mods so ridiculous I had to extract every ounce of cheese out of the (insanely cheesy) ruleset to survive. I can handle that shit.

Vanilla leveling is nowhere near that level of danger and challenge. It just takes a long-ass time because you don't have a choice and don't have options. At best you can maybe be a Warrior who survives pulling 4 mobs because you pop Retaliation or something (is that even in 1.12? I can't remember) Then you have to eat. Then pull 1-2 mobs. Then eat again, ad nauseum. WoW's questing is terrible and has literally always been terrible when stacked against things like single-player RPGs, that's why I personally want it over and done so I can get to the parts this game does well and are actually unique, IE group PvE.

You can like Classic leveling if you so desire, and I'm happy you get to experience it. But fuck me this sort of condescending bullshit is probably my least favorite aspect of the Classic fanbase.
    Buddy, classic leveling was harder. Period. Call it whatever you want, it wont change anything.

Every single game is easy by your logic. "Difficulty" in general is created by "opportunities to do mistakes". Is dark soul hard? Not if you can avoid every attack, it's trivial. Is skyrim hard? Not of course, as long as you know how to play it well and make good character. Nothing is "hard" by sense, you are solving some math problem or science problem or doing some puzzle. It's hard because you have to think about more things. Stop trying to downplay that.

It's 2019 and people still don't understand that everyone has their own personal opinion. What in the fuck. Dude in the video doesn't even look like he was old enough to agree to the EULA in vanilla lol. But that's neither here nor there.

He's 29. well, nevermind then.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2019-05-20 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It's 2019 and people still don't understand that everyone has their own personal opinion. What in the fuck.
    This can’t be said enough on the topic of classic vs modern(retail) WoW. Like seriously is it so hard to say “I don’t classic hope it works out and brings enjoyment to those who like it or I don’t like retail hope it keeps providing enjoyment to those who like it”

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    This can’t be said enough on the topic of classic vs modern(retail) WoW. Like seriously is it so hard to say “I don’t classic hope it works out and brings enjoyment to those who like it or I don’t like retail hope it keeps providing enjoyment to those who like it”
    "I'm going to prove your opinion wrong with facts and logic."

"Uhhh bro it's a game."

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    If you would could you humor me for a second? There are a fair number of people out there like you that seemingly want classic to fail, could you go over the reasons as to why? Im not judging or anything like that, im genuinely curious. The best i can come up with in my head is a couple reasons:

1. You are a retail player and are worried that classic will either lower the current population of WoW meaning you have less people to play with, or maybe you think its possible that classic development is taking resources away from retail?
    2. You dont have time to play a game like classic anymore, but deep down know you would have fun if you did.

If its something else feel free to enlighten us, i just would like to understand a bit more of peoples viewpoints on this.
    He is just trying to say that people are jumping the gun way too fast. You cannot tell whether classic will fail or not from 3 days only, and honestly, some people are acting as if Classic is the holy grail or something. Let's see how the game feels 6 months after it comes out, August 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    He is just trying to say that people are jumping the gun way too fast. You cannot tell whether classic will fail or not from 3 days only, and honestly, some people are acting as if Classic is the holy grail or something. Let's see how the game feels 6 months after it comes out, August 27th.
    Why do people keep saying this? 6 months after BFA they probably lost 50% of their subs (my guess is more, actually). Of COURSE classic is going to have a similar drop off, dont act like this would be an oddity.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear - this dude is a complete random that nobody has ever heard of, and you think him (probably you, lets be honest) chasing subs and publicity means every single other person out there who doubted the need for classic, and tried to explain to ppl that no, it will not have 100m subs (a legitimate claim by a member of this forum), no it will not break records, and no, it will not 'take over' from retail in the long run - you are saying all of them suddenly changed their minds and admitted they are wrong? just because you made some "i was wrong" youtube video?

lets be honest - the game is not out yet, its only beta. The forum is full of ppl complaining about shit that is actually correct - PS and nostalgia has tainted ppls expectations so much, Blizzard is having to do large blue posts explaining that things are actually 'working as intended' (for the most part ofc). For the big fans of classic who are putting all their weight behind it, i do have some concerns when i see coments like "bro its only beta, they will fix it" when talking about A)things that dont need 'fixing', as they are working as intended, or B)massive alterations that would never be made during a beta cycle, especially with a fixed release date.

Any beta that happens after the announcement of a release date is a demo, not a beta - no meaningful changes will be made - the odd bug here and there, but thats it.

tl;dr - its one random on youtube who no one has ever heard of, and there are dozens of videos saying the opposite - ppl who wanted classic so badly, but after playing the beta dont like it.
    I'm not taking away from the point you're trying to make because I have always thought and still think that Classic will have a big launch and then taper off massively within the following months, but the guy has 45000 subscribers, he's not a "random that nobody has ever heard of" just because you (or I for that matter) don't know who he is.

Of course yes he makes YouTube videos with the hope it will increase his viewership, but if you're looking at that cynically you might as well do that for the entire social media spectrum and YouTube as a whole, all the guys you might consider "people have heard of" are in that position because of that very reason. You should judge the video on the quality of the character and the content, not try to disregard his thoughts because you haven't heard of him.

When I played a Vanilla private server briefly (just leveled to 31) towards the end of last year (after also playing a TBC one in 2017), I had the exact same thoughts as this guy on the pacing and feel of the game, exactly the same. I raided on the TBC realm (through to Hyjal cleared from a fresh progressive server) and it was awesome, it completely hooked me in, I made the first new WoW friends in a long time. Nostalgia played a part in getting me to try it out, but the game was good enough to keep me playing until I had to quit for RL commitments.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-05-20 at 11:59 PM.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Buddy, classic leveling was harder. Period. Call it whatever you want, it wont change anything.

Every single game is easy by your logic. "Difficulty" in general is created by "opportunities to do mistakes". Is dark soul hard? Not if you can avoid every attack, it's trivial. Is skyrim hard? Not of course, as long as you know how to play it well and make good character. Nothing is "hard" by sense, you are solving some math problem or science problem or doing some puzzle. It's hard because you have to think about more things. Stop trying to downplay that.
    Yes it's harder? Thank you but that wasn't my point. Classic leveling is indeed harder, but it's really not so hard as to be a significant step-up that people who play current WoW somehow cannot grasp, as the poster I quoted believes. Tons of people play games harder than Classic, and might just not want to be bothered with its brand of difficulty.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2019-05-21 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    Again, it’s not nostalgia when hundreds of thousands have been playing and enjoying vanilla for years, like literally right now.
    Nostalrius was lucky to get 200k people, playing for FREE. While MILLIONS continued to play retail.

Once classic launches every nay sayer will eat their own words which is why debating them has been a waste of time, they have No idea what they are talking about.
    Its a great game, it does have a shelf life if you only play one character and don't raid at all, it extends if you do raid and if you play more than one character because the leveling experience is a massive part of that experience.

Most nay sayers will enjoy it despite themselves but they'll reach end game and act like the twats they are in bfa and nobody will want to group with them and they'll leave, the entitled "wrath babies" will expect a piece of loot every dungeon when in reality it can be a week before you get a relevant drop at end game, and longer once you start hunting down the last few pieces because everyone else wants those pieces too.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    https://simplearmory.com/#/us/aman't...ectable/mounts
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Nostalrius was lucky to get 200k people, playing for FREE. While MILLIONS continued to play retail.
    What about that says that there isn’t a large player base for classic?

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    What about that says that there isn’t a large player base for classic?
    They were playing for free.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    They were playing for free.
    Very good point. We'll have to see how this plays out. The other side of the coin would bring up the people that didn't play a private server because they knew it could be shut down at any point, voiding their progress. I'm that side of the coin. I'd rather pay knowing it's going to be reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Very good point. We'll have to see how this plays out.
    I’m curious enough that I may re-sub to check it out, but I wonder if people will be willing to pay for classic when there are still free options for them. I’m kinda worried the raiding scene will be anemic to a degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

people like him thought it was nostalgia because wow has died a death of a thousand cuts, it's easy to forget all the tiny changes they've made over the years which have been bad for the game because they were all given to us in small doses over a long period of time. nostalgia is real, but in the case of classic it is simply a better game than retail which is why everyone is so excited. also, this is really nothing, wait for tbc to be released and you'll see the real difference between what wow was and what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    Lmao, Venruki is a random youtuber that nobody has ever heard of?
    He is the op. Clever marketing
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? 6 months after BFA they probably lost 50% of their subs (my guess is more, actually). Of COURSE classic is going to have a similar drop off, dont act like this would be an oddity.
    Well then why do people act as if Classic is the liberator that will provide them eternal fun? In truth, it will stagnate after the initial fuss, just like BfA. The only problem is that retail will keep being exciting every new patch/expansion, while Classic's lifeline ends at Naxxramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Well then why do people act as if Classic is the liberator that will provide them eternal fun? In truth, it will stagnate after the initial fuss, just like BfA. The only problem is that retail will keep being exciting every new patch/expansion, while Classic's lifeline ends at Naxxramas.
    Obviously lol? Thats still 2-2.5 years of awesome content that will stay pretty hyped due to how they are releasing content in stages. Cool thing is the good WoW didnt end at vanilla, they could re-release TBC and wrath which in my eyes are just as good as classic all things considered (classic was better in some, tbc/wrath better in others).