Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm glad there's hype, but we don't need to pretend that vanilla dungeons are harder than they are. Health bars in dungeons barely moved in the dungeon vids I watched. Asmongold kept yelling "Don't wipe! Don't wipe!" when he was nowhere near in danger of wiping.

My issue isn't with the hype, it's bullshitting about difficulty to make the content seem harder than it is. I'm sure it's partially tongue in cheek on his part, or I hope it is, but I'm sure some people are going to watch those videos, try classic, and then wonder why the content is easier than remembered/depicted. Or they are shitty players and it's not for them. Shrug.
    By no means saying these are original thoughts, but even if boss/dungeon mechanics aren't as difficult as retail, there are still a number of factors that will make Classic interesting:

1) A lot of Classic dungeons/raids were about the journey to get there --> i.e getting all the keys to 5 man dungeons, Onyxia attunement questline, MC attunement questline, LBRS to make the key to UBRS to BWL attunement, the AQ collection effort, the Argent Dawn grind for Naxx access.

2) The gating inside the dungeons - Aqual/Eternal Quintessence, Onyxia Cloaks

3) A completely different approach to classes that are not homogenized and maximizing their potential in raiding and pvp

4) Gearing (defense caps, resistance gear), mana management and utilizing a spell rank system, dps having to strictly monitor their threat levels

Again not saying it puts Classic on par with Retail with regards to difficulty, but it will be a change of pace for many players and definitely makes gameplay interesting and more worthwhile (imho).

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbrown View Post
    By no means saying these are original thoughts, but even if boss/dungeon mechanics aren't as difficult as retail, there are still a number of factors that will make Classic interesting:

1) A lot of Classic dungeons/raids were about the journey to get there --> i.e getting all the keys to 5 man dungeons, Onyxia attunement questline, MC attunement questline, LBRS to make the key to UBRS to BWL attunement, the AQ collection effort, the Argent Dawn grind for Naxx access.

2) The gating inside the dungeons - Aqual/Eternal Quintessence, Onyxia Cloaks

3) A completely different approach to classes that are not homogenized and maximizing their potential in raiding and pvp

4) Gearing (defense caps, resistance gear), mana management and utilizing a spell rank system, dps having to strictly monitor their threat levels

Again not saying it puts Classic on par with Retail with regards to difficulty, but it will be a change of pace for many players and definitely makes gameplay interesting and more worthwhile (imho).
    Yeah I do not think difficulty level necessarily equates with how enjoyable the overall experience will be (at least, not for everyone), just addressing difficulty level specifically since that aspect of classic has been notable in the beta streams.

Yeah I do not think difficulty level necessarily equates with how enjoyable the overall experience will be (at least, not for everyone), just addressing difficulty level specifically since that aspect of classic has been notable in the beta streams.
    You mean the lvl 30 dungeons that people are running in gear that a normal person leveling in vanilla wouldnt even have close to are easy, imagine that lol.

Im not saying these were ever hard but keep some perspective on what is being discussed. There are still going to be a ton of wipes in classic in strat/scholo/dire maul etc same as 2006. That is also another thing to keep in mind, these dungeons are going to be easier than 2004 with all the gear available from later patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    If you would could you humor me for a second? There are a fair number of people out there like you that seemingly want classic to fail, could you go over the reasons as to why? Im not judging or anything like that, im genuinely curious. The best i can come up with in my head is a couple reasons:

1. You are a retail player and are worried that classic will either lower the current population of WoW meaning you have less people to play with, or maybe you think its possible that classic development is taking resources away from retail?
    2. You dont have time to play a game like classic anymore, but deep down know you would have fun if you did.

If its something else feel free to enlighten us, i just would like to understand a bit more of peoples viewpoints on this.
    TBH it doesn't matter. The guy you replied to was right, this thread is about one guy.

As for his other parts about naysayers... I don't know why you said 'people like you'. I'm curious why you think he's a naysayer, considering he said nothing to indicate so. So asking him for his 'naysaying opinion' is folly, you've associated him as a naysayer for simply for exposing the OP generalizing all Naysayers through one guy's opinion video.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-05-22 at 12:11 AM.

For dungeon difficulty, I’ve steamrolled dungeons and I’ve had dungeons take hours, it all depends on group comp, gear, skill, and how much you outlevel the content. Sfk takes 45 minutes tops when you have all 25s with a mage and 2 rogues with blue weps and a warr tank with blues, but that same dungeon can take well over an hour with multiple wipes when you’re all 22-23 with a pally tank and hybrid dps classes who don’t know how to off heal or grab aggro in a pinch. Group comp and levels play a bigger part honestly than anything in vanilla leveling dungeons, if you have a mage for CC and you are at the max of the level range then you’re likely gonna completely roflstomp it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    The only real-real problem with Classic is that it ends eventually.
    I don't think that's a problem at all, it allows players to gear their characters in BiS and they remain that way. Adds purpose to the gear grind that is removed when new expansions replace your purples with questing greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    I'm quite sure the majority can find time to play. Everyone I know that is an adult, both with or without family, have a lot of time they spend on hobbies. Gaming, cars, gardening or whatever they want. I dunno, we might just be superior in Sweden ^^
    Or your close relations can do that. What I mentioned is the average. If you have enough samples eventually you'll reach the Law of Averages and in that some is one the high end and others are on the low end.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Classic: You play the game until you get to the end of the content. Simple.

If your a casual in Legion, the game advances at a pace that gives you free gear and invalidates content. If you don't do content in the patch it released in, you are screwed. It becomes obsolete next patch.

That's lame to me. Chasing gear for the sake of item level is a pointless and stupid endeavor, seeing the content is much more important.

The only real-real problem with Classic is that it ends eventually.
    its called seasons and its to make it easier to catch up. it invalidates previous tier sure but thats it and makes it easier to catch up and come in at any time. i didnt say it was perfect but its better than how it used to be. i remember guilds being forever stuck on the first raid in Vanilla and BC. and being behind makes it hard to join a guild and catch up to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that's a problem at all, it allows players to gear their characters in BiS and they remain that way. Adds purpose to the gear grind that is removed when new expansions replace your purples with questing greens.
    BiS is boring progression. current customization is better because you can always become better, its a numbers game

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see the clickbait title was forcibly changed.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You've been reading for years. Yet your account was made this year? You post what is essentially troll bait?

Hmm
    I can't help the mmo-champ devs are amateurs who deleted many accounts (and mine) for no reason a year ago.
    Blizzard is Arthas, Activision is Frostmourne, together as Activision-Blizzard they are the Lich King. #FireBobbyKotick

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post

BiS is boring progression. current customization is better because you can always become better, its a numbers game
    Gearing without the goal is something, why I stopped to care about gearing in WoW altogether. It's as unfun as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Gearing without the goal is something, why I stopped to care about gearing in WoW altogether. It's as unfun as it gets.
    Exactly. Recently I stupidly got tempted into the free 5 day offer they did, I levelled my toon to 120 and got to the point where world quests weren't an upgrade, started to look to do some Mythic+, but lo and behold no one would invite me because my "dungeon score" was too low (LMAO). Then literally two weeks later, after I had already quit, they upgraded all World Quest gear. So if I had continued I would have had to redo all the shitty world quests I'd just done. Did they do that to try and encourage the 5 day people to continue playing? I don't know, but I think this is a perfect example of why retail is dead and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Exactly. Recently I stupidly got tempted into the free 5 day offer they did, I levelled my toon to 120 and got to the point where world quests weren't an upgrade, started to look to do some Mythic+, but lo and behold no one would invite me because my "dungeon score" was too low (LMAO). Then literally two weeks later, after I had already quit, they upgraded all World Quest gear. So if I had continued I would have had to redo all the shitty world quests I'd just done. Did they do that to try and encourage the 5 day people to continue playing? I don't know, but I think this is a perfect example of why retail is dead and buried.
    If you do not get invite, make your own group or find a guild?

You did not grasp that?

And if you do not get invite because of your io score, maybe try to level it? Do all m0 then m+1 etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If you do not get invite, make your own group or find a guild?

You did not grasp that?

And if you do not get invite because of your io score, maybe try to level it? Do all m0 then m+1 etc...
    I think it wasn't really his point.

He mostly implied than he left a first time (and my guess is because he did not get invited due to io score). So I proposed him a quick workaround.

And if you do mm+, you do not need to do wq for stuff since there is a soft limit to the ilvl gear in wq.

He mostly implied than he left a first time (and my guess is because he did not get invited due to io score). So I proposed him a quick workaround.

And if you do mm+, you do not need to do wq for stuff since there is a soft limit to the ilvl gear in wq.
    I see it as story, where gear progression is pretty much aimless. I get it they want make these gear jumps between expansions, but why it needs to be constant effect during live of one expansion? Nothing holds value. As someone posted above, it's just number game. It's like they took itemization system from Diablo and put it into WoW.

Ho, they did. And they also took the rift system to make the mm+ and it was the best thing they brought in that game. Relevant 5 man group content.

You want horizontal progression, go play Gw2.

Ho, they did. And they also took the rift system to make the mm+ and it was the best thing they brought in that game. Relevant 5 man group content.

You want horizontal progression, go play Gw2.
    Vanilla WoW had vertical progression, which were behind time you have spent in the game and things you did, not behind "how long the game is released".

Look, whole itemization is very different. Vanilla had broken, flawed but interesting itemization, current WoW have perfectly functional but boring itemization. To be fair, they are trying to improve gear pieces a bit, so they are at least realizing what is wrong, but they are not there yet...not even close.

I understand it's about preference. If you like this type of farming more item levels, go ahead and enjoy it but for me it's the most uninteresting take on itemization WoW ever had.
    Last edited by ManiaCCC; 2019-05-25 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Well then why do people act as if Classic is the liberator that will provide them eternal fun? In truth, it will stagnate after the initial fuss, just like BfA. The only problem is that retail will keep being exciting every new patch/expansion, while Classic's lifeline ends at Naxxramas.
    That is entirely subjective.
    There is an EXTREME amount of people that have been dropping WoW because they've disliked the last 2 to 3 expansions, and I don't blame them.

Even if you go "well lol there's still like 2 million left playing they barely lost anything", that's facetious at best.
    To put this into perspective, WoW has over the last 3 expansions lost more subscribers than Runescape and OSRS has had concurrent players over 3 years combined. Hell just in WoD you had around 10 mil peak at launch that dropped to AT BEST 4 - 5 million towards the end, and that's not "lol people are just more mature now and have other things to do".

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    For years I have read people (who probably pretend to have played vanilla) on this forum saying vanilla was bad and people think it was great because of nostalgia. Now classic beta is open we can finally have a fair comparison and it's funny to see how the nay sayers admit they were wrong after playing beta.

I wouldn't celebrate too quickly sweetie. May wait to see how many of those "naysayers" and the nostalgia addicts are still playing 6 months or a year from now. I'd bet very few will be