Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    This is basically how I felt - it's how Preach felt if you watch his video too. I did basically everything in vanilla - ok, I didn't get Atiesh or bang the gong, or get GM, but most of everything else - enough that I felt done with it, and haven't really ever had the desire to play private servers.

I got into the beta, honestly not really caring about it. Since that day though, I've logged into classic every day and am continuing to do so since my char hit 30.

There's just something about it, and you have to experience it for yourself. Preach is right - this is the game I fell in love with. It's not one little thing you can point to as to why it's more fun but it is - I'm having a tonne of fun in classic right now.

Honestly, give it a try when it launches, you may be surprised, even if you've done it all before.
    I will be, purely for a trip down memory lane. I dunno if I can get into it, I recently hammered into ESO, and I am enjoying doing the hardest content 1 Day a week and very little to prepare for it. I spend my game time on ESO doing stuff I enjoy instead of grinding such as PVP and skin runs in dungeons.

Off topic, it has got awfully civil in here now that that wowclassic guy got banned!

Had the opposite...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I wouldn't say it was a backlash. It was a bunch of whiny people who don't want to spend more than half an hour everyday playing. Blizzard simply caved in to them.

I find grinding one of the core foundations of an MMO. When you see someone with winterspring mount, you can tell that he went through a lot of trouble to get it. Makes it much more special. That's how an MMO is suppose to be, a few special/lucky players and the rest drooling at them.
    "Whiny people" had nothing to do with some players getting Sephuz and Prydaz - in their initial, nearly useless versions - and others lucking out with legendaries that gave out 20% damage increase and were used for the entire expansion. Combine this with the bugged bad luck protection promoting people who got two legos early and it was a total mess. Some people needed to grind for over a year to get their BiS items, other were done within couple months - myself included in the latter group. It was far from a "proper" grind, especially since the initial item balancing was horrendous.

I wouldn't say it was a backlash. It was a bunch of whiny people who don't want to spend more than half an hour everyday playing. Blizzard simply caved in to them.

I find grinding one of the core foundations of an MMO. When you see someone with winterspring mount, you can tell that he went through a lot of trouble to get it. Makes it much more special. That's how an MMO is suppose to be, a few special/lucky players and the rest drooling at them.
    The same grinding is there for Azerite armor, so stop being a hypocrite, or having double standards or w/e, because the backlash is similar to Legion's, the reason people are quitting more atm is because BfA is legion V2, and we remember Legion as it was in antorus, not as it was at its launch, when it was pretty horrible tbh. But it's alright, I can have my opinion, you can have yours.

when was I being hypocrite? I simply said that grinding is ok in an MMO.
    Actually this is my bad, I looked at your signature, and I thought you were another one of these ultra BfA haters, who boast how Classic will be popular long term compared to BfA, but looking at it better now, it seems like you aren't a blind hater. I sadly assumed that you were saying that BfA is much worse in terms of farming systems (azerite power over artifact power), than Legion, considering that they both had pretty much the same grinding requirements. BfA azerite was a bit less fun, true, but this is all getting fixed in 8.2. I apologise for reading your comment wrongly and calling you a hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Sure. And a lot of the old trees were garbage (My Holy priest cursed the length of time its capstone was utter garbage). Should they have been better? Sure! Was it a perfect system? God no.

BUT there's a sense of accomplishment and something to do each time you gain a level. Even if it's just working your way down a tree. Compare that to BFA which offers.... nothing. Absolutely nothing. And I understand why. Because at some point you're going to have to stop inventing new abilities for your players. Ones that probably only add complexity to rotations.
    Literally only reason why you don't feel "rewarded" for getting to next talent tier in BfA is because leveling experience is a joke (naturally, because the game had 7 expansions, level cap got inflated, "old" content simply doesn't matter anymore, you plow through it without putting any effort. So when you finally get your Rune of Power unlocked - you don't even know if you want to use it, since everything dies in just 3-4 GCDs anyways.

BfA talents aren't exciting the same way as spending silver to learn Purify on your paladin isn't exciting - there is just nothing to do with it. Vanilla talents aren't much better, improved corruption? Great! Improved searing pain? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    The new title is wrong though.
    nice try, but worst try
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.