Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trump judge who believes abortion causes cancer confirmed by Senate

TRUMP JUDGE WHO ENDORSED THEORY ABORTION CAUSES CANCER CONFIRMED BY SENATE
    Wendy Vitter, who promoted a brochure that links birth control to “violent death,” just got a lifetime seat on the federal bench,

As you’ve no doubt heard, wildly restrictive abortion laws are currently spreading across the United States, in an effort that is seen as the first step toward setting up a court battle to overturn Roe v. Wade. On Wednesday night, Alabama Governor Kay Ivey effectively banned nearly all abortions in the state, even in cases of rape or incest. On Thursday, Missouri’s State Senate passed a bill outlawing abortion at eight weeks of pregnancy. All of this is in the hopes that once the fight reaches the Supreme Court, Trump appointees like Brett Kavanaugh will return the favor by rolling back a woman’s right to choose. But, of course, the Supreme Court isn’t the only place stacked with Trump judges just licking their lips at the thought of gutting the 1973 decision. The president has installed a whopping 106 judges since his inauguration, and, on Thursday, the Senate confirmed what might be his craziest nominee yet.

That would be Wendy Vitter. Trump nominated her nearly a year and a half ago, and on Thursday, the Senate officially voted to give her a lifetime seat on the federal bench. So, what’s so bad about Vitter that Susan “This Kavanaugh guy totally deserves a seat on the Supreme Court” Collins broke ranks to oppose her? Where to start?

Probably with the fact that Vitter, who has been general counsel for the Archdiocese of New Orleans since 2012, seemingly believes that abortion causes breast cancer. At a conference in 2013, Vitter referred to a brochure that linked abortions to breast cancer, and told the audience, “Go to Dr. Angela’s Web site, Breast Cancer Prevention Institute, download it, and, at your next physical, you walk into your pro-life doctor and say, ‘Have you thought about putting these facts or this brochure in your waiting room?’ Each one of you can be the pro-life advocate to take that next step. That’s what you do with it.” That same brochure that Vitter appeared to endorse claimed that taking birth control can lead to cervical and liver cancers, and “violent death,” because “women who take oral contraceptives prefer men with similar DNA, and that women in these partnerships have fewer sexual relations, leading to more adultery, and ‘understandably . . . violence.’” Separately, Vitter appeared at an anti-Planned Parenthood rally, where she accused the group of “kill[ing] over 150,000 females a year.” Naturally, she left these activities off her disclosure form to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

On Wednesday, Chuck Schumer name-checked Vitter in a list of judicial nominees who are “hard-right ideologues who will do damage to this country for generations,” which sounds about right!
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...itter-abortion

Man, it has been a busy week for ignorance. But yes, this is another completely unrelated story about pro-lifers in positions of power who don't know anything about biology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder how much damage these people can do to their fellow man before their consciounce finally speaks up.
    It becomes increasingly difficult to believe in the goodwill of people when there are so many who willingly close their eyes to scientifically reputable sources to forward their harmful agenda's.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

It's hard to tell what the context was.

I'm more concerned with how good a judge he'll make that what he knows about science.

Most judges don't know much about science, it's not their field of expertise.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post

I'm more concerned with how good a judge he'll make that what he knows about science.
    Well we know that his ability to assess evidence objectively is faulty. And that's... the whole job of a judge.

I have seen this before. Information is not conclusive :there are reports say that their is an added risk to breast cancer and some don't find any evidence. But will not be surprised if it did as abortion is linked to several other ailments . After all pregnancy is a massive undertaking and a sudden disruption can severely disturb hormonal levels
    Its a simple fact that an abortion is not healthy and shouldn't be used as it is now. So what the judge is saying is not wholly incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    I have seen this before. Information is not conclusive :there are reports say that their is an added risk to breast cancer and some don't find any evidence. But will not be surprised if it did as abortion is linked to several other ailments . After all pregnancy is a massive undertaking and a sudden disruption can severely disturb hormonal levels
    Its a simple fact that an abortion is not healthy and shouldn't be used as it is now. So what the judge is saying is not wholly incorrect.
    A lot of things can disturb hormone levels. What does that have to do with cancer?

It is in fact wholly incorrect.

Not healthy? Who gives a fuck. Smoking isn't healthy. Most of the food in the US isn't healthy. Are cars are a hazard to our health. I would posit these three things are abysmally less healthy than abortion. Will you and this judge advocate for their removal?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I do wonder how much damage these people can do to their fellow man before their consciounce finally speaks up.
    It becomes increasingly difficult to believe in the goodwill of people when there are so many who willingly close their eyes to scientifically reputable sources to forward their harmful agenda's.
    They don't have a conscience. They aren't actually sentient beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A lot of things can disturb hormone levels. What does that have to do with cancer?

It is in fact wholly incorrect.
    People with hormone imbalance are at a significant higher risk to be afflicted with cancer. breast cancer in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not healthy? Who gives a fuck. Smoking isn't healthy. Most of the food in the US isn't healthy. Are cars are a hazard to our health. I would posit these three things are abysmally less healthy than abortion. Will you and this judge advocate for their removal?
    Considering how much effort is being made to get people to stop smoking and eating healthier doesn't necessarily mean you need to ban something .

This is just the latest in a long line of horribly bad judges, because the right wing is running out of diehard conservatives outside of the crazy pool who will make rulings along party lines.

The number of recent rightwing judges who refuse to answer on whether Brown v Education was decided properly, for example, is phenomenal.

Considering how much effort is being made to get people to stop smoking and eating healthier doesn't necessarily mean you need to ban something .
    Then great! We can discourage abortion without banning it. Good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abortion causes cancer. Pregnancy waits for "chromosomes to do their thing" and pregnant women "don't know they're pregnant until they do something to see if they're pregnant (Chambliss.) If the fetus embeds in the fallopian tube they can "just move it to the uterus." And who needs rape clauses? The female body has ways of shutting that thing down (Akins), and even when it doesn't, you should relax and and just enjoy it (Knight), and it's a gift from God in the end (Mourdock).

Besides, if women get to exercise their right to murder infants, why can't a man exercise his right to strongarm women for sex? (disgusting Maine state congressman pig)

In the end, make the best of a bad situation (Santorum)
    Putin khuliyo

Me too, considering I cannot come up with anything that would make sense as context for something that stupid, unless that line was meant to be stupid on purprose as a joke....for some reason.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife told me about how they were discussing this guy at her hospital yesterday. She said the entire Oncology Department collective groaned.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, your thread has "Trump" in the title, time to get locked even though it barely involves him.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Oh great, your thread has "Trump" in the title, time to get locked even though it barely involves him.
    But everything links to Trump, don't you know that?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

People with hormone imbalance are at a significant higher risk to be afflicted with cancer. breast cancer in particular.
    Well if that were the case, the studies would show it.

Most judges don't know much about science, it's not their field of expertise.
    No one expects them to be experts in the field of science, to be honest.
    But a judge should be able to know that they are no experts and have the wisdom to not promote spreading information you do not fully understand on a stage. It's fine if you are no expert in a given field, but if you are not, you should not speak with authority about it. Especially if other people's well-being is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Abortion causes cancer. Pregnancy waits for "chromosomes to do their thing" and pregnant women "don't know they're pregnant until they do something to see if they're pregnant (Chambliss.) If the fetus embeds in the fallopian tube they can "just move it to the uterus." And who needs rape clauses? The female body has ways of shutting that thing down (Akins), and even when it doesn't, you should relax and and just enjoy it (Knight), and it's a gift from God in the end (Mourdock).

Besides, if women get to exercise their right to murder infants, why can't a man exercise his right to strongarm women for sex? (disgusting Maine state congressman pig)

In the end, make the best of a bad situation (Santorum)
    And yet despite their constant demonstrations that they don't know jack about shit, millions will happily line up and vote for them and their regressive garbage.

Abortion can't be good for a woman's body, considering the female body was designed for pregnancy.