10+ Year Old Account

Merging Classic and Retail

An idea...

What if each WoW Expansion was a stand alone adventure?

The only requirement is reaching level 60 in Classic.
    Then your character is copied to 7 different servers with a starter set appropriate for that server.
    • BC - Server (10 levels + end game)
    • WotLK - Server (10 levels + end game)
    • Cata - Server (5 levels + end game)
    • MoP - Server (5 levels + end game)
    • WoD - Server (10 levels + end game)
    • Legion - Server (10 levels + end game)
    • BfA - Server (10 levels + end game)

You can skip any expansin you don't like and jump to the expansion of your choice.
    But your progress only affects your character in that expansion.
    So you could jump directly to BfA after reaching Level 60, but also keep your Level 60 character to play all the Classic raids during downtime.
    Or you could play a WotLK character and a Legion character ignoring everything else.

Benefits
    • All expansion types are preserved and playable.
    • Play only the expansion you like, ignore the others.
    • Progress on one expansion does not invalidate your progress on another.
    • Stops the power and number creep needed by the current linear progression path.
    • When a new xpac is released, all previous players have a starter toon ready to play, even if they skipped a few expansions in between or didn't finish one of them. A clean replacement of the current boost system.
    • Brand new players could get a "free to play" Classic experience, then purchase the xpacs they want. Possibly skipping them all, and remaining on the "free to play" Classic realm only. Or only buying the latest expansion and jumping directly to that gameplay after reaching Level 60.
    • Retail WoW is still the driving force behind new content via new expansion. No OSRS system needed.
    • Any item you get in a lower tier expansions can be used as transmog for in the new expansions.
    Last edited by Mullet Man; 2019-05-19 at 09:28 PM.

You've had a lot of really shitty ideas about Classic.

This is one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post

This is one of them.
    I am hoping to find people that can articulate arguments based on the pros and cons of ideas.
    Apparently that is not you.

Thank you though, for coming into my thread and bumping it with your simpleton statements.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post

This is one of them.
    I'm guessing you don't have any ideas of your own, you just like to feel powerful by trying to invalidate the ideas of people smarter than you. You're not smart, and I'm hoping you try to prove me wrong somehow, because deep down you know you're not smart, and your crippling anxiety kicks in right as you try to think of a clever retort.

If classic is going well blizz migh tconsider doing BC and then they have to make a decision.
    1. Progress the classic server into BC
    2. Start a BC server from scratch, but everyone had to lvl up from 1 or get a precreated char at 60?
    3. Give the players the possibility to copy their classic char to the BC server and cont. from there.

I would prefer 3 while still keeping one copy of the char on the classic server that won't progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been a number of threads in this forum and WoWGen about post-Classic content and how it should be configured. We don't need any more at this time. The thread title is also alarmingly misleading.

Classic Forum: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...will-they-stop

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."