Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    She is not gonna be a raid boss especially after she gets the 'Talk' from her 'Brother'

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    for dem' woke bux, yo

Because they're going to need an orc character reminiscent of Thrall when they kill Thrall off at the end of BfA.

That final funeral pyre Blizzard foreshadowed? It'll Thrall's, calling it now (especially after watching Safe Haven), he'll go down fighting Sylvanas or something. Mezten is retired and Thrall has little reason to exist in the story anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd have gone with Garrosh' sister.
    Bro, if Garrosh didn't exist because his mother died before she could have him that would exclude the possibility of having younger siblings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The thing with Drek'thar not using shamanism to change the land hasn't aged well though because apparently you can use every OTHER kind of magic to fix the land and it's fine, at least when other cultures do it.

Druids apparently did up Ashenvale and other nelf territories after all.
    Do other kinds of magic rely on powerful beings that exist in the here and now and can literally walk up to you and wipe your village off the map if they think they're taking advantage of them? I don't think I've ever seen a naaru do that, and warlocks enslave demons to make sure THEY can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

Do other kinds of magic rely on powerful beings that exist in the here and now and can literally walk up to you and wipe your village off the map if they think they're taking advantage of them? I don't think I've ever seen a naaru do that, and warlocks enslave demons to make sure THEY can't do it.
    I feel you're being nitpicky

Light is used to fix up parts of plaguelands, arcane is used to alter nature by all sorts of people, and while fel is an exception it all still kind of makes shamanism a weaker magic system than others, or at the very least, less useful for nation building
    Twas brillig

I get that we needed a leader for the Mag'har, but why on earth did they make her AU Durotan and Draka's kid?

Even if she walks back her support of Sylv doing the same mindtwisting to Derek that she was upset with the Lightforged doing to the Mag'har in FakeDraenor, that's always going to bother me, but what do others think about the character?

Personally? I'd have gone with an AU Blackrock engineer.
    She never said she supported it. Show me where she said she did. It's funny how much headcanon gets injected these days. She agreed that Baine was a traitor, which he was. If there was an issue with it, bring it up before the horde leaders and let them debate it. Nope going behind the leader's back and just doing what I want.

I feel you're being nitpicky

Light is used to fix up parts of plaguelands, arcane is used to alter nature by all sorts of people, and while fel is an exception it all still kind of makes shamanism a weaker magic system than others, or at the very least, less useful for nation building
    Yes, Light is being used to restore a sick and damaged land to health. The elements would totally be on board with that, they don't want tainted air, water, and land any more than we do. Arcane being used to alter nature rarely has good end results, just look at Netherstorm. Don't forget the whole druid thing is about BALANCE between nature and arcane. Too much of either is bad. Fel can't be used to heal without destroying something else first.

And no, you're not wrong. For nation-building it is not very useful, because the elements will only accept the natural order being changed so much before they retaliate. And don't forget that they're naturally chaotic. The number of times we've been told "the elements are restless, go put them down before they do more damage" is countless.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Every female orc with that particular voice actress is doomed to become a bad guy. Zaela had the same voice.
    Wait, she's Zaela?

I knew the Mag'har liking Sylvanas was a cheeky nod to Evil Garrosh and the Iron Horde, but that's a double reference. Wow.

5+ Year Old Account
    Read the title as Alt right Thrall, gotta stay away form political forums.

She doesn't strike me as AU Thrall. The only thing they have in common is their parents.

Yes, Light is being used to restore a sick and damaged land to health. The elements would totally be on board with that, they don't want tainted air, water, and land any more than we do. Arcane being used to alter nature rarely has good end results, just look at Netherstorm. Don't forget the whole druid thing is about BALANCE between nature and arcane. Too much of either is bad. Fel can't be used to heal without destroying something else first.

And no, you're not wrong. For nation-building it is not very useful, because the elements will only accept the natural order being changed so much before they retaliate. And don't forget that they're naturally chaotic. The number of times we've been told "the elements are restless, go put them down before they do more damage" is countless.
    I'm not talking about things like Netherstorm obviously, I'm talking about things like Eversong and Suramar, I feel you're being disingenuous.
    Twas brillig

I'm not talking about things like Netherstorm obviously, I'm talking about things like Eversong and Suramar, I feel you're being disingenuous.
    Besides enchanting it so it always looked like it was autumn I'm not sure what you're going for. It's a temperate zone, they didn't change that. They didn't introduce strange plants or force it to grow crops it normally wouldn't. They made sure to design their roads and buildings to mesh in with the land instead of overriding it.

As for Suramar, also not seeing what you're going for. The nightborne were trapped inside that bubble for 10,000 years. Only the night guard night elves were outside, and all they did was build a fortress they'd been occupying for thousands of years.

In neither of those cases is anything trying to do anything like turn a high altitude frozen alpine ecoystem into something else.

Besides enchanting it so it always looked like it was autumn I'm not sure what you're going for. It's a temperate zone, they didn't change that. They didn't introduce strange plants or force it to grow crops it normally wouldn't. They made sure to design their roads and buildings to mesh in with the land instead of overriding it.

As for Suramar, also not seeing what you're going for. The nightborne were trapped inside that bubble for 10,000 years. Only the night guard night elves were outside, and all they did was build a fortress they'd been occupying for thousands of years.

In neither of those cases is anything trying to do anything like turn a high altitude frozen alpine ecoystem into something else.
    It's not autumn, it's a literal eternal summer.* They literally did an extreme adjustment to climate and weather.

EDIT *: Spring actually after rechecking chronicle
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2019-05-21 at 06:20 AM. Reason: correction
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because they want the "strong woman in power" thing,with a female thrall would be easy do a genderbend to get aprove instead of creating a new one, its like changing sex from a marvel character
    Exactly. Wanted to write the same thing, but I once did and got infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I think Blizz sometimes for some strange reason thinks something will be cool which actually really isn't, hence Gey'arah is AU Thrall.

Good thing is, apart from it being mentioned once in Mag'har scenario, that's really the extent of it. From what we've seen of her so far, she doesn't seem like Thrall at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Lady Hellscream actually sounds really cool. I'm into it!

Because she wasn't meant to be Thrall at all. She is daughter of Durotan and Draka, but people immedialy assumed she is meant to be genderbent Thrall instead of being sister he never had. I also share my parents with my bro, and nobody holds against him that he isn't like me, because that's just silly.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Because she wasn't meant to be Thrall at all. She is daughter of Durotan and Draka, but people immedialy assumed she is meant to be genderbent Thrall instead of being sister he never had. I also share my parents with my bro, and nobody holds against him that he isn't like me, because that's just silly.
    Yeah, but I can really see no reason why she had to be daughter of Durotan and Draka, apart from Blizz thinking it's cool.

I don't mind it personally, it's just that nothing would've changed if she was a daughter of some no name nobodies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Yeah, but I can really see no reason why she had to be daughter of Durotan and Draka, apart from Blizz thinking it's cool.

I don't mind it personally, it's just that nothing would've changed if she was a daughter of some no name nobodies too.
    Maybe they wanted to try something different? Or they knew that Thrall will return anyway and they'd have harder time to actually mix his alternative. Or they couldn't made a story about really unrelated to anyone NPC, like a member of bleeding Hollow or Laughing Scull.

But I look on Geya'rah as separate NPC and I don't judge her because of Thrall or her parents but entierly on her acts, behaviour and such.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Because they're going to need an orc character reminiscent of Thrall when they kill Thrall off at the end of BfA.

That final funeral pyre Blizzard foreshadowed? It'll Thrall's, calling it now (especially after watching Safe Haven), he'll go down fighting Sylvanas or something. Mezten is retired and Thrall has little reason to exist in the story anymore.
    But Geya'rah is nothing like Thrall. There are some parallels, sure, but those only serve to make them even more different.

She's the daughter of Durotan and Draka, yes, but grew up knowing them. She was educated in part by an Alliance race, the Draenei rather than Humans, but she wasn't their gladiator slave. She's close to Grom Hellscream, but the Groms and their social dynamic are very different. A regretful warrior seeking to change his ways and follow the new hope is very different from the reigning Warchief served by an unquestioningly loyal follower.

Compared to Thrall, Geya'rah has lived a rather privileged life, bereft of the responsibilities and struggles that Thrall faced. She has more in common with a Knight of Stormwind than she does with an Orc of the New Horde. People call Thrall "gentrified", but just look at the two. Geya'rah was born into an established high-tech empire at peace as the daughter of what was effectively nobility, an empire that was saved from all its clumsy mistakes and so never learned from them or learned to think for themselves.

Now war has come to them. A war they claim they did not start.

If anything, Thrall's attitude is the result of a much harsher and more deprived upbringing, and learning from people who had to experience actual consequences for their mistakes.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2019-05-21 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    But Geya'rah is nothing like Thrall. There are some parallels, sure, but those only serve to make them even more different.

She's the daughter of Durotan and Draka, yes, but grew up knowing them. She was educated in part by an Alliance race, the Draenei rather than Humans, but she wasn't their gladiator slave. She's close to Grom Hellscream, but the Groms and their social dynamic are very different. A regretful warrior seeking to change his ways and follow the new hope is very different from the reigning Warchief served by an unquestioningly loyal follower.

Compared to Thrall, Geya'rah has lived a rather privileged life, bereft of the responsibilities and struggles that Thrall faced. She has more in common with a Knight of Stormwind than she does with an Orc of the New Horde. People call Thrall "gentrified", but just look at the two. Geya'rah was born into an established high-tech empire at peace as the daughter of what was effectively nobility, an empire that was saved from all its clumsy mistakes and so never learned from them or learned to think for themselves.

Now war has come to them. A war they claim they did not start.

If anything, Thrall's attitude is the result of a much harsher and more deprived upbringing, and learning from people who had to experience actual consequences for their mistakes.
    Good point, but watch them turn her into female Thrall after she spends enough time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Good point, but watch them turn her into female Thrall after she spends enough time with him.
    How could she even manage that? It'd be easier to make her an Eitrigg or Saurfang.

Actually, I wonder if she's their attempt at Grom 3.0. Do they even know who Grom 1.0 was? Grom 2.0 didn't have that same kind of internal conflict, not realizing that his father was someone haunted by his past in the game where he became actually popular. Grom 3.0 is the Grom before the character evolution that led to his most popular incarnation.

Saurfang is actually the closest character to Warcraft 3 Grom around right now, having several shared themes.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2019-05-22 at 02:08 AM.