Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    You think that someones gonna choose faction based on what "popular "streamers" (I want to puke when I hear that word)" play?
    And not by their personal preferences...?

If one does that, he deserves a slap. With a chair. Made of metal. 2 times. 3 to make it sure.
    I so much agree with you... seeing a streamer as Asmondgold and then a swarm of people following him for attention.... it just give me major ticks out of irritation.

Probably now it might be imbalanced but even back then most ppl played alliance because of pretty characters, i know im guilty of it even though i so much wanted to play horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Popular in Classic? Nah. Best support class? Yes. Alliance for PvE, Horde for PvP (Alliance for AV).
    They were popular back in Vanilla. People like a plate wearer who can heal. No reason to assume they won’t be in Classic either.

The only detractor I can see is that people nowadays are more cognizant you won’t be topping the DPS meters as a Ret Paladin while back in Vanilla they were ignorant to that. But the playerbase is defiant if anything. So I’m sure you will still see him plenty of human ret pallies trying to pull l33t deeps

Doubt it. No blood elves.

My own internal chatter from multiple Discord servers seems fairly split. We will just have to wait and see. Why speculate?

It will be more balanced than BFA I think. Personally i remember playing mostly pvp that UD rogues with the old WotF and cannibalize was my bane (playing t2 gnome warlock). So I might just roll one this time. I love their gear options / gameplay in classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds probable, unless every player was incompetent like Asmongold.

15+ Year Old Account
    For high-end PvE, Blessing of Salvation and Fear Ward were both massive bonuses.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

What’s up with that focus on streamers lately. Their presence by no means suggest any sort of faction imbalance, especially since what most people here already said: if there’s a favorite faction to spot, it’s probably Alliance.

Gonna play Alliance, and I believe enough people are doing the same as to prevent Horde domination

I was on Gilneas in vanilla and I'm pretty sure I remember it being a bit alliance biased. Bonechewer later in vanilla was also alliance biased because the guild Vis Maior was on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All the streamers I've seen are Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They were popular back in Vanilla. People like a plate wearer who can heal. No reason to assume they won’t be in Classic either.

The only detractor I can see is that people nowadays are more cognizant you won’t be topping the DPS meters as a Ret Paladin while back in Vanilla they were ignorant to that. But the playerbase is defiant if anything. So I’m sure you will still see him plenty of human ret pallies trying to pull l33t deeps
    Private servers show what the Classic trends will be. If you think any differently, you're just naive. Paladin is the second least played class, just before Shaman on the most popular private server currently, which I obviously won't name here. And that's with more Alliance than Horde.

You underestimate how much knowledge matters to Classic vs Vanilla. It really really won't be "Vanilla all over again".

and those guys are USA people
    who cares on what shitty faction and server they play on US REALMS

u dont really think just because those idiots play alliance everyone in Europe is going alliance aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    they should put limits on. too many horde only make ally available for creation. done.
    Sure, if you want to piss people off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Asmongold, Towellie and Soda (?) are all going to play Alliance. I wouldn't even know a big streamer that plays Horde.
    Soda is going Horde.

Additional horde include: Venruki, Sonydigital, Sco to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Soda is going Horde.

Additional horde include: Venruki, Sonydigital, Sco to name a few.
    Damn, they got Soda

Who is Sony digital? And none of those 3 are "big" streamers

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this being a problem outside the PvP servers. PvE/RP servers will likely be more balanced, perhaps Alliance-biased due to things like paladin blessings (as others have mentioned, Salvation and Kings are amazing), dwarf priests with Fear Ward, and general proximity to the first two tiers (it's a short flight to Thorium Point from Ironforge whereas Horde players have a longer flight from Grom'gol) whereas Horde has a small advantage in accessing Zul'Gurub and Naxxramas. While Horde generally has better racials for raiding, that generally doesn't come into play as often as one would think unless you're in the bleeding-edge raid scene.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-05-21 at 02:17 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Barrens!!!! for ever

Looks like all the arena bois went horde. We are for sure going to see some serious horde sided PVP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Basically every major streamer is going to play Horde, and all the masses will follow.

I want to play alliance but the thought of being out numbered 10 or 20 to 1 doesn't sound like a fun experience.
    Blizzard did a poll on the WOW twitter account. The result was 56 percent said they would roll horde and 44 percent alliance. I don't see a "mega" faction imbalance.