Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Classic Wow is going to be mega faction imbalanced in favor of horde.

Basically every major streamer is going to play Horde, and all the masses will follow.

I want to play alliance but the thought of being out numbered 10 or 20 to 1 doesn't sound like a fun experience.

Horde was actually worse iirc. Blessings were pretty strong, especially kings, totems less so though Horde did more damage with windfury.

Also I'm definitely playing human for the 10% faster rep grinds.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You sure? I've seen nothing but Alliance.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It'll end up being close to 50/50 overall, as usual. I do see faction dominated PvP servers happening early though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Horde was actually worse iirc. Blessings were pretty strong, especially kings, totems less so though Horde did more damage with windfury.

Also I'm definitely playing human for the 10% faster rep grinds.
    Gotta agree that blessings were pretty powerfull, but Salvation is WAY stronger then Kings in a raid.
    Playing a pally myself, so i have to be alliance too. Still unsure between stoneform or perception/rep bonus, hard choice.

I don't know. The Horde sans blood elves just isn't going to attract the masses in the way it does today. I think we'll see a far more even split than in vanilla, when the Alliance outnumbered the Horde by a hefty amount, but I don't see the Horde overtaking the Alliance in any major way once classic comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    but Salvation is WAY stronger then Kings in a raid.
    Well, good thing you usually have both in a raid so that you don't have to choose. Kings actually makes your character more powerful, all that salvation does is reduce your threat, which for a lot of the raid means they can dps without having to care about threat that much, but if you're dps is terrible in the raid then kings might help you more than salvation because at point you're not even close to the tank in terms of threat anyway, lol.

Lol, no.

Alliance has Paladins who are and always will be one of the most popular classes in the game. You can't base faction balance on streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Basically every major streamer is going to play Horde, and all the masses will follow.

I want to play alliance but the thought of being out numbered 10 or 20 to 1 doesn't sound like a fun experience.
    It is funny that alliance is better in world PVP and PVE content. Pali's were better healers, pali buffs were better and Fear Ward was go tier. The only one advantage Horde had was WF totem(In PVP my imp had a target macro in every spell to kill WF totem).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    It really depends on the bosses.

Many AQ40 & nax bosses favored the horde. Blessing were strong early on, but later, windfury and dispel totems become much stronger. I remember the ooze boss in AQ40 was exceptionally easier with couple of shamans due to easy dispel totems.
    The ooze boss was the only advantage they had. And it was not because of dispells. It was because of the frostbrand weapon enchant and frost shock. Blessing of Salv and kings made fights significantly easier than horde side.

So far it seems people are more interested in playing Alliance (and IIRC, people in previous threads discussing this claim it's the fastest faction to level). Hell, personally Alliance tickles my interest for Classic more than Horde does.

Most polls have actually been quite even. However, most PvE players go alliance, and people tend to go horde for PvP.

Every major streamer I've seen is playing horde bar 2 or 3.

Asmongold is playing alliance
    Sodapopping would rather play alliance but one of his friends wants to play shaman, if he changes his mind he's going to play Alliance
    Quin69 plays alliance
    Towellie plays alliance

There are plenty of WoW Classic streamers playing Alliance, what you said is factually wrong

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Dwarf priests, alliance only paladins, and no blood elves. Factions will be even.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

7+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be more balanced than people think. On one hand you have Windfury and strong overall racials. On the other you have Blessing of Salv and arguably the best Warrior race(gnomes with Escape Artist).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry what?

Alliance is BRUTALLY ahead on PvE content. Blessing of Salvation and Kings themselves are insane for progression.
    Not to mention Alliance was a lot faster to level as the level hubs were more thought out and worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Lol, no.

Alliance has Paladins who are and always will be one of the most popular classes in the game. You can't base faction balance on streamers.
    Popular in Classic? Nah. Best support class? Yes. Alliance for PvE, Horde for PvP (Alliance for AV).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Remember when horde didnt have enough quests to hit the level cap?
    As a warlock playing from launch day, yes I do.
    I also remember grinding 6 or so levels at 50+ before the warlock talent revamp was utterly painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post

are you joking ? if yu wanted to raid even semi seriously you always choose allience back then

and same will be with classic.

Alliance in Classic Raiding had walks in the park because of paladins and Dwarf Shamans
    Horde Raids had to be more organized, many of the well known best raiders from that time were born from those raids.

And horde got those World first by strategy.