Poll: Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Do you believe a person can be psychic? No! Not even a little

Why or why not?

Because it’s a trick. It’s possible to predict the future based on a series of likely scenarios and probabilities, but that is in no way known. It could be a wild guess or an educated guess but that’s as close as humans get.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-05-20 at 01:45 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Do you always make stupid, pointless threads?

Yes, I believe a person can be psychic, but only a very small number of people in the world have authentic psychic powers. I have heard stories of people predicting (or guessing, depending on your beliefs) character traits and behaviors of people without having had met them before or known about them. It could just be a lucky guess, but they can also be frightening accurate and specific enough that chance alone cannot explain their detail.

Anyone who says yes has obvious problems grasping reality. But i'm sure there are some out there as there are people who believe sky daddies and flat earths.
    Now is it real? No. Not unless they can prove it. So far none have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the thread and thought it said psychotic.

OT: No, it's bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Do you always make stupid, pointless threads?
    yes, that is all he does.

Yes, otherwise how could we traverse the warp safely?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

If you answered yes you simply have not thought it through. IF there were psychics they would have a gigantic advantage in life and all the worlds most successful people would be psychic.

If there were psychics there would be a lot less unsolved crimes. I know that if I ever had powers i would help the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because in all of human history you'd expect at least one verified case. Not to mention the fact we now live in a globally connected world and we still have no verifiable cases makes it really stretch credulity. The USA and USSR also did research into it during the cold war and as fast as I know came out inconclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Of course they can. Paranormal events like talking snakes and bushes are well documented throughout history. Somebody hearing another person's thoughts or seeing past events is simply the natural extension of this long tradition. Just like in the topic I've made a while ago, where Russian soldiers crashed computers with their minds. Scary stuff. Humans are truly something else.
    Lolol nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Yes, otherwise how could we traverse the warp safely?
    webway gates

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yes. My little sister isn’t psychic, but she’s, I guess, sensitive and can see/speak to spirits.
    You should get her help, not entertain her delusions.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Belief isn't required.

A person cannot be psychic - that's a matter of fact, not opinion.

People can be OBSERVANT ... but that's a different thing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m gonna say hopefully it’s not possible but multiple governments have had programs to study people who claim to have psychic abilities,
    So I wouldn't be surprised if there was truly something being kept hidden

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You should get her help, not entertain her delusions.
    Would you say a person who has heard voices all their lives is wrong? For them it's completely normal, for you it's not, who is right?

10+ Year Old Account
    People make 6 to 7 figures to predict the future. We call those people analyst, some might call them psychics. If clairvoyants were real then the former would be out of the job or clairvoyants need better resumes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The vast majority are frauds but there's like a handful across the world that are legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Would you say a person who has heard voices all their lives is wrong? For them it's completely normal, for you it's not, who is right?
    A person who hears voices that aren't there is sick and needs treatment. If you know such a person you would do well to send them to the psychiatrist. They need help.

Honestly, it's like seeing a person with tuberculosis coughing and saying it's perfectly normal. It's not. They are sick. Don't normalize the situation. In ignorance people can be extremely cruel.
    By not getting treated you are condemning them to a life of mental suffering that may be avoided.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-20 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    The vast majority are frauds but there's like a handful across the world that are legit.
    Direct them to James Randi. I need to see that shit... for the comedy.