View Poll Results: Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I’ve experienced it.

    30 13.64%
  • No. It’s all a bunch of nonsense.

    190 86.36%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Anyone who says yes has obvious problems grasping reality. But i'm sure there are some out there as there are people who believe sky daddies and flat earths.
    Now is it real? No. Not unless they can prove it. So far none have.
    Your premise here is a bit flawed.

    It is pretty obvious that anyone who believes the earth is flat is a moron, because it is very, VERY easily proven that the earth is not flat.
    God on the other hand, is slightly different. While you can't prove that he does not exist, it is also pretty much impossible to prove that he does exist. Now while I won't rule out the possibility that a SkyDaddy might exist, the sheer lack of any form of concrete evidence pointing to the positive here is pretty damning, at least from the point of view that should this SkyDaddy actually exist, he pretty obviously doesn't give a shit about us.

    Which brings us to psychics. Do I believe a person can be psychic? Nothing in reality currently prevents it, and quite frankly, if I WAS a psychic, I sure as fuck wouldn't advertise it to attempt to prove that psychics exist (I mean, lets be serious, the first time someone legit bends a spoon with their mind is the last time anyone on the face of the planet will see them alive outside of a black site testing facility). And hell, the more we learn about Quantum Mechanics, the more I tend to think that "psychic" phenomena are probably just people temporarily tapping into some kind of Quantum Alignment that allows them to briefly do things that should be "impossible". Would go a long way towards explaining why almost all paranormal events of that nature seem to be one time things, and why nobody has ever been "permanently" psychic in the legit sense.

  2. #122
    Yes, why not? So many things are still unknown. I'm open for the posibility! How would a psychic even prove to be one? We'd alwasy dismiss it as a good guess :P

    Miss a poll answer like "Yes, do believe". Never experienced it but I do believe.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2019-05-21 at 07:07 AM.
    Well met!

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Yes, why not? So many things are still unknown. I'm open for the posibility! How would a psychic even prove to be one? We'd alwasy dismiss it as a good guess :P
    The better question would be: Why would anyone who was legitimately psychic actually WANT to prove it? I mean, that would be a one way ticket to dissappearing into a government black site faster than you can say "most wanted man on the planet".

  4. #124
    Yes, yes i do

    Iam currently the richest man alive cause i have won every lottery i have ever bet on plus i have made trillions on the futures stock market.

    I know how phase 4 of the MCU will end and i know how everybody on this thread will die.... SPOILER.. you all die from illness, accident or other.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Yes, why not? So many things are still unknown. I'm open for the posibility! How would a psychic even prove to be one? We'd alwasy dismiss it as a good guess :P
    I went to a psychic on my honeymoon. It was just something fun to do but the things she said to me did come true. Good guesses? Maybe.

    She said I’d have two daughters (I did) and that there would be a conflict in the family over a ring I was given (there was).
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You’re basically just telling me I shouldn’t believe in the things I do because you find it silly.
    OK, you're either not reading or you're not understanding.

    It's not a matter of whether I find it silly. It isn't about views or opinions. It's an objective fact. You admit it yourself, no one knows about these things so your response is to just make something up instead of [gasp] not making something up. Please tell me that makes sense, I don't think I can make it any simpler.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-05-21 at 07:12 AM.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    OK, you're either not reading or you're not understanding.

    It's not a matter of whether I find it silly. It isn't about views or opinions. It's an objective fact. You admit it yourself, no one knows about these things so you're response is to just make something up instead of [gasp] not making something up. Please tell me that makes sense, I don't think I can make it any simpler.
    Make what up? My beliefs? Those are based on things I’ve personally seen and encountered. I mean, I could get into that with you, but I imagine the convo would quickly just again turn into you saying it’s silly and “you didn’t see those things... your eyes are playing tricks on you”.

    I’ve heard it all before so no worries. I’m good.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I went to a psychic on my honeymoon. It was just something fun to do but the things she said to me did come true. Good guesses? Maybe.

    She said I’d have two daughters (I did) and that there would be a conflict in the family over a ring I was given (there was).
    My Stepmother who wholy believed in that stuff went to one too in Sedona Arizona and the phychic knew so much about her like her daughter who died a few years ago it was amazing.... Until you realise they mine that information from the internet and my stepmother had her facebook profile not set to private

    PLUS... The Psychic told her she would live a long and happy life... Well she died of breast cancer 2 years later and its funny that the Psychic never mentioned that was gonna be in her future.

    Winter Blossom i have known you for a long time but these people are parasites that mine your information or do something that is called cold reading its a trick older than dirt.

    Most Americans will have 2 children in there life time its such a easy guess to make so statistically speaking i couldve made that same call.

    Now if you believe in all this stuff then thats your right but iam just saying.
    Last edited by Iambackagain666; 2019-05-21 at 07:22 AM.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Iambackagain666 View Post
    My Stepmother who wholy believed in that stuff went to one too in Sedona Arizona and the phychic knew so much about her like her daughter who died a few years ago it was amazing.... Until you realise they mine that information from the internet and my stepmother had her facebook profile not set to private

    PLUS... The Psychic told her she would live a long and happy life... Well she died of breast cancer 2 years later and its funny that the Psychic never mentioned that was gonna be in her future.

    Winter Blossom i have known you for a long time but these people are parasites that mine your information or do something that is called cold reading its a trick older than dirt.

    Now if you believe it then thats your right but iam just saying.
    Oh, yeah, I think there’s definitely “psychics” our there that prey on people and know how to do the cold reading thing. I think the vast majority are like that. Do I think some are legit? I think so, yes... and I only say that because of experiencing things with my little sister and her “abilities”.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The better question would be: Why would anyone who was legitimately psychic actually WANT to prove it? I mean, that would be a one way ticket to dissappearing into a government black site faster than you can say "most wanted man on the planet".
    Maybe, depends on the attitude of the psychic and what type of government. Though I still Think it would be hard to prove due to others not understanding. It's lika a magic trick, even if the mage was naked doing things we'd still believe it to be a trick.

    I get your Point though and yes, would probably be smart to keep that power conceald.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I went to a psychic on my honeymoon. It was just something fun to do but the things she said to me did come true. Good guesses? Maybe.

    She said I’d have two daughters (I did) and that there would be a conflict in the family over a ring I was given (there was).
    Maybe a combination of luck and generallization. If you guess the most propable then you have the highest chance of it being true. She also made you think about it, maybe that triggered your body to produce two females? You know, like when someone says something and you realize that is happening all over the Place, but it did so even Before you started seeing it. It was just a thing of unimportance that you previously didn't register.

    Or she was a psychic. That's what I meant, it's hard for us normal people to accept and/or understand this. Even if what she said happened, you still don't believe her to be a true psychic to 100%, you still have some doubt. Probably because it's against your generall understanding of how the world works. This was a guess from what you wrote^^
    Well met!

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh, yeah, I think there’s definitely “psychics” our there that prey on people and know how to do the cold reading thing. I think the vast majority are like that. Do I think some are legit? I think so, yes... and I only say that because of experiencing things with my little sister and her “abilities”.
    Iam not gonna pooh pooh you cause some times i too have these psychic abilities in that iam sure i know whats gonna happen next its like a feeling.

    I truly believe when we die we repeat our lives cause the universe is like a sheet that expands then retracts and repeats itself forever but we get certain echos.

    But as for these so called psychics they prey on the vulnerable and is the reason i dont like them.
    Last edited by Iambackagain666; 2019-05-21 at 07:41 AM.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Anyone who says yes has obvious problems grasping reality. But i'm sure there are some out there as there are people who believe sky daddies and flat earths.
    Now is it real? No. Not unless they can prove it. So far none have.
    It's not just about precognition. I fully believe telepathy is perfectly scientifically valid, even if nobody is currently capable of it. If you insist that telepathy is impossible, then you need to throw your iPhone away because it is impossible too.

  13. #133
    Nearly 13%. Come on, MMO-C.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Make what up? My beliefs? Those are based on things I’ve personally seen and encountered. I mean, I could get into that with you, but I imagine the convo would quickly just again turn into you saying it’s silly and “you didn’t see those things... your eyes are playing tricks on you”.

    I’ve heard it all before so no worries. I’m good.
    So why are you saying no one knows about these things? Or do you doubt your own experiences? If you're so sure your eyes weren't playing tricks on you then why can't you say that you're 100% certain that you saw X and it was real? What do you say to people who have had similar experiences and conclude something different than you? Is everyone right? Is everyone else wrong?

  15. #135
    No. If such things were even the least bit possible, they would be locked in a research lab and probably never seen or heard from again.

  16. #136


    Nope, but you can observe, reason and make educated guesses.
    Beto imploded. Watching Buttigieg, Gabbard and Warren. #LegalizeCannabis #CannabisForVets
    Two cannabis bills are currently filed in congress for the current legislative session, each numbered H.R.420 and S.420!

  17. #137
    I’m psychic myself in a very specific way, when’s someone tells me they are psychic I know they’re lying or delusional or both.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    So why are you saying no one knows about these things? Or do you doubt your own experiences? If you're so sure your eyes weren't playing tricks on you then why can't you say that you're 100% certain that you saw X and it was real? What do you say to people who have had similar experiences and conclude something different than you? Is everyone right? Is everyone else wrong?
    I don’t think anyone is 100% sure if there is or isn’t spirits/an afterlife. There’s always that uncertainty, even it’s very small, because no one alive really knows what happens after we die.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2019-05-21 at 11:17 AM.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  19. #139
    Ofc they are real. Same as flying spaghetti monster.

  20. #140
    No, magic is not real. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •