Poll: Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Direct them to James Randi. I need to see that shit... for the comedy.
    That's a lot of effort on my part
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe that people can be very good at reading other people, and picking up on Non-Verbal queues that can point them towards hidden truths.

Psychic? No, I don't believe that.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

There's no evidence of any such "radiation" or whatever that emits from a brain that can be picked up and interpreted by another brain. At least, not without technology, like an MRI or some such. They did an experiment a while back with an MRI where they could read people's minds, in a limited fashion, but that was only with a machine and only in a controlled environment. The subject would be in an MRI. He'd be shown a picture, the tester wouldn't know what the picture is, and be able to tell what the subject was looking at by the brain's activation pattern. That's the closest we've gotten.

Anything else is a scam and an illusion.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    there's like a handful across the world that are legit.
    Then you fell for their methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Then you fell for their methods.
    Agree to disagree but its not worth the effort.
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree to disagree but its not worth the effort.
    "You have no evidence"
    "AGREE TO DISAGREE"

You got duped and your money taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a lot of effort on my part
    It's 1 million dollars. It's been there, unclaimed, for a long time now.

Oh crap, it seems like it's no longer offered.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    "You have no evidence"
    "AGREE TO DISAGREE"

You got duped and your money taken.
    I never actually paid for anything, bold of you to assume such.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    A person who hears voices that aren't there is sick and needs treatment. If you know such a person you would do well to send them to the psychiatrist. They need help.
    I disagree. I have seen several psychiatrists who have all said medication for me would do more harm than good. As I have had them (voices) all my life, it is "normal" for me and having treatments would affect me negatively.

Honestly, it's like seeing a person with tuberculosis coughing and saying it's perfectly normal. It's not. They are sick. Don't normalize the situation. In ignorance people can be extremely cruel.
    TB is a totally different thing from being born with a condition.

By not getting treated you are condemning them to a life of mental suffering that may be avoided.
    Yet, I'm not suffering at all. What you're calling a mental illness, while correct, is normal for me. It is literally normal for me to have 2 different "entities" in my head apart from myself. I went through childhood thinking everyone had voices in their heads and ended up hiding it for many years as I didn't want to be "the freak" at school.

What if my schizophrenia is later on discovered to be some connection to another realm we simply do not have the technology to see or prove that exists YET. Look at science 500 years ago. Talking about the elements like we do today would have you burned at the stake. Our medical procedures would be seen as witchcraft. Our ability to take rocks from other fucking celestial bodies would be science fiction 100 years ago, yet we do it today. The human body might not be at the mercy of evolution much, but our minds have a long way to go. Who is to say we won't develop psychic abilities in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    What if my schizophrenia is later on discovered to be some connection to another realm we simply do not have the technology to see or prove that exists YET.
    Could have gone with something more believable here instead of saying people with schizophrenia have wormholes in their heads.

even broken clock is right twice a day. all those future predictions are so vague as to fit whatever happens in a future, and that is on purpose. as for psychics that read people they are interacting with? its observation skills combined with good grasp of psychology and body language. or in shorter summary - its a con.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Could have gone with something more believable here instead of saying people with schizophrenia have wormholes in their heads.
    Sorry, maybe schizophrenia is wrong word as I'm not medically schizophrenic. What they class it as are auditory hallucinations. Thing is we simply do not know enough about the human brain to say that there couldn't be some ability we can't explain yet.

Infact, science doesn't know a lot about the human body as a whole. Take Crohn's Disease for example. They do not know what triggers it, they do not know why the immune system suddenly starts attacking itself. My personal consultant is one of the leading consultants in the world for crohn's and colitis, and he had admitted to me they know very little about the genetics involved.

This is the dude I see: http://www.edinburghgastroenterology...rlie-lees.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Do you always make stupid, pointless threads?
    just look at his post count, typical basement dweller troll, who spits out garbage in forums.

Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    just look at his post count, typical basement dweller troll, who spits out garbage in forums.
    Actually, when he was still Mall Security he was another copy of, if not worse than, Shinra1 where he thought everyone and everything was sexist, racist, and/or homophobic. Still annoyed with the spamming of weird topics but he was much worse.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of fake ones out there who take advantage of others. But I believe in the supernatural and have experienced it. But it is not something which can be proven or convincing to anyone who is dead set against it being real.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I predicted the poll results before voting, does that make me a psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The afterlife is something we don’t yet understand and probably never will.
    What don't you understand? We know perfectly well what happens after death, where we go, etc. (spoiler alert: nothing/nowhere).

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. I have seen several psychiatrists who have all said medication for me would do more harm than good. As I have had them (voices) all my life, it is "normal" for me and having treatments would affect me negatively.

TB is a totally different thing from being born with a condition.

Yet, I'm not suffering at all. What you're calling a mental illness, while correct, is normal for me. It is literally normal for me to have 2 different "entities" in my head apart from myself. I went through childhood thinking everyone had voices in their heads and ended up hiding it for many years as I didn't want to be "the freak" at school.

What if my schizophrenia is later on discovered to be some connection to another realm we simply do not have the technology to see or prove that exists YET. Look at science 500 years ago. Talking about the elements like we do today would have you burned at the stake. Our medical procedures would be seen as witchcraft. Our ability to take rocks from other fucking celestial bodies would be science fiction 100 years ago, yet we do it today. The human body might not be at the mercy of evolution much, but our minds have a long way to go. Who is to say we won't develop psychic abilities in the future?
    This is so true. Even today, there are too many people who want to attack and insult those who hold a believe they can not understand. Only thing which keeps some from burning them at the stake, is the laws against such.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, maybe schizophrenia is wrong word as I'm not medically schizophrenic. What they class it as are auditory hallucinations. Thing is we simply do not know enough about the human brain to say that there couldn't be some ability we can't explain yet.

Infact, science doesn't know a lot about the human body as a whole. Take Crohn's Disease for example. They do not know what triggers it, they do not know why the immune system suddenly starts attacking itself. My personal consultant is one of the leading consultants in the world for crohn's and colitis, and he had admitted to me they know very little about the genetics involved.

This is the dude I see: http://www.edinburghgastroenterology...rlie-lees.html
    Same is true with RA. Which my wife has suffered with for decades. They have no clue what triggers it or how to stop it. They use drugs to lessen the pain and long term damage to the joints. Which also have bad side affects.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    If you answered yes you simply have not thought it through. IF there were psychics they would have a gigantic advantage in life and all the worlds most successful people would be psychic.
    I disagree. Spiritual success is not measured the same way as we measure material success. Psychic doesn't mean you are a fortune teller and can predict the future, it just means you can communicate to some degree with the spiritual realm. Most people that pursue spiritual growth don't have material gain in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What don't you understand? We know perfectly well what happens after death, where we go, etc. (spoiler alert: nothing/nowhere).
    They know what happens to the body. Science is limited to what it can understand and measure.