Poll: Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Would you say a person who has heard voices all their lives is wrong? For them it's completely normal, for you it's not, who is right?
    Schizophrenia is dangerous and not to be played around with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I never actually paid for anything, bold of you to assume such.
    So somebody just came up and said; "Hey UnluckyAmateur, I'm a REAL psychic with REAL abilities and I felt compelled to tell you this"? Or are you just going with your gut that says it MUST be real?

Either way you're a gullible idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    So somebody just came up and said; "Hey UnluckyAmateur, I'm a REAL psychic with REAL abilities and I felt compelled to tell you this"? Or are you just going with your gut that says it MUST be real?

Either way you're a gullible idiot.
    Such hostility so early, usually I have to wait till 2AM to get that type of attack. You wound me, good sir. I had no idea you were so passionate about this uwu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

No, I used to think meteorologists were psychic because they could predict the weather ( or be wrong most of the time ) but that was until I realized that predicting weather isn't really that hard if you know what to look for. A tall dark cloud with maybe a sickly green hue? Thats a storm incoming, a sudden change in temperature or wind speed? Storm incoming, a buildup of static in the air? Lightning strike eminent etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    People claiming to be psychics are all frauds.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a way Like the illusion of being one, people that can ready body language very well casually tell when people are lying. Not sure if that counts..
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the poll is flawed. Yes, I do believe such a thing is possible, though I don't buy into telekinesis or psychokinesis. I don't think there are people out there reading my thoughts or floating ice cold beers to themselves at home. I do think there are people who are sensitive or otherwise gifted, as Winter Blossom pointed out, but I have never personally experienced it.

I did have an aunt who could, per my family, "talk the burn out" of a burn wound. I don't know much about that or what the prevailing theory is on how that worked, but my family swore up and down by it. I never experienced it myself, and only really my mother would remember it (most of the others have passed on).

There is a guy with a memory so great, he can remember over 10,000 chess games played and play ten different people at once blindfolded without ever touching the chess pieces himself. (Magnus Carlsen)

There is a guy who can increase or slow his metabolism to the point where he can deal with extreme temperatures (hot or cold). He can also control his immune system. He was injected with an illness that makes people vomit and he got nothing more than a headache. He claims anyone can do it, but I'm not so sure. (Wim Hof)

There are people that can solve incredibly hard math problems with pinpoint precision faster than you can enter the problem in a calculator.

Do I believe in psychics? While I believe it's far more unlikely, I'd be closed minded if I said no. I don't think anyone is lifting objects with their mind though.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    In a modern world of cellphone cameras, Twitter, and YouTube, I'd expect there to be proof of it at this point. So... no, I don't believe it.

EDIT: Even with my own personal experiences, I still don't believe it. At one point, I was convinced (after watching a video on a monk doing it) that I could heat up my hands by focusing my internal energies. I could swear, to this day, that my hands got hotter just like his did. I don't know if I was hallucinating, or my hands really did heat up through some act of willpower, but that doesn't mean a single fluke would convince me psychics exist.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I knew you would ask that. Am I a psychic now?

- - - Updated - - -

lol sure you do. Nobody knows shit stop being so arrogant.
    What’s next, the earth is flat because you can’t see the curve? Also, yellow unicorns live there.

Probably not, but I'd be willing to be convinced otherwise. As someone who has experienced pretty significant and unexplainable paranormal events, it would be silly of me to dismiss the existence of a thing that mankind has recorded in history almost since civilization began.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-20 at 08:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is in the same realm of asking if ghosts are real, neither can be proved or has been proved to this day, at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I disagree. Spiritual success is not measured the same way as we measure material success. Psychic doesn't mean you are a fortune teller and can predict the future, it just means you can communicate to some degree with the spiritual realm. Most people that pursue spiritual growth don't have material gain in mind.
    It's called alcohol abuse and everyone can do it if he drinks enough spirits. Just make sure it has a volume content about 50% vol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Yes, otherwise how could we traverse the warp safely?
    Have to invent the Gellar field generator first, though.

How would that work, exactly? Explain the science behind the telepathy. Is it a wave? Can it be blocked by lead? Is it learned or does it have a genetic basis?

Until you have that sort of stuff it's simply the more likely explanation that they're just a very clever guesser. We know exactly how very clever guessers who pretend to be psychic work. We have a goddamn TV series on that exact premise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Would you say a person who has heard voices all their lives is wrong? For them it's completely normal, for you it's not, who is right?
    If taking anti-schizophrenia medication eliminates the voices, yes, abso-frickin-lutely.

The poll is badly phrased because there are things I've experienced that I still don't think are real. I experienced a huge, black dog pinning me to my bed one night as I sat there paralyzed, with it vanishing before my eyes. That's what I saw, but reason indicates it was actually sleep paralysis and my mind playing tricks on me.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-05-21 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Do you always make stupid, pointless threads?
    I knew you would ask this

No, nobody is actually psychic. It's just one of the numerous ways for someone with half a brain to dupe idiots out of their money in exchange for a false sense of reassurance or closure. It's no different from preachers who say they speak to/for God and people throw millions at them. People are dumb as shit and easily manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Anyone who says yes has obvious problems grasping reality. But i'm sure there are some out there as there are people who believe sky daddies and flat earths.
    Now is it real? No. Not unless they can prove it. So far none have.
    Actually science is getting closer to actually proving some of these things exist. There's actual legitimate quantum level science saying that we do essentially have souls(just not "given by some god" but more a universal energy that goes back to the universe). Believing flat earth is more akin to doubting psychic power CAN exist. I don't believe that it exists to the level of the tarot readers etc, but there's enough to say that there might be some sort of truth to gut feelings and deja vu feelings. That goes back to another area of science they're currently looking into basically saying our relationship with time isn't quite what we think it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    If you answered yes you simply have not thought it through. IF there were psychics they would have a gigantic advantage in life and all the worlds most successful people would be psychic.
    You can answer yes and not mean like Ms Cleo or a crystal ball. I think people can have slight premonition and it's happened too often to be coincidental. Now actually sitting there and saying "tomorrow there is going to be a bomb at Times Square" is way different. I'm talking like "something bad is going to happen and I think I should stay home".

I predicted this thread.