Poll: Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

getting addictive watching these fraudster fakes, yet 13% of mmo-c fall for it, morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    If you answered yes you simply have not thought it through. IF there were psychics they would have a gigantic advantage in life and all the worlds most successful people would be psychic.
    Let's assume there is a person that has true psychic powers and could prove it. WHY would they reveal themselves? Have you watched the X-Men films? They would be considered freaks at best and at worst the government would dissect them for study. There is NO upside to reveal themselves. Also, WHY would a true psychic use their powers to become incredibly successful? Humans are very smart and someone would eventually figure out there is something special behind their success and then you wind right back up at getting dissected for study.

If you had TRUE psychic ability, and had years to contemplate the ramifications of your powers, you would come to the conclusion that the ONLY play is to keep it under your hat. Never reveal it. Because if you do, you just wind up dead. That's why the work James Randi and his types do is POINTLESS. A true psychic would never approach him.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Let's assume there is a person that has true psychic powers and could prove it. WHY would they reveal themselves? Have you watched the X-Men films? They would be considered freaks at best and at worst the government would dissect them for study. There is NO upside to reveal themselves. Also, WHY would a true psychic use their powers to become incredibly successful? Humans are very smart and someone would eventually figure out there is something special behind their success and then you wind right back up at getting dissected for study.

If you had TRUE psychic ability, and had years to contemplate the ramifications of your powers, you would come to the conclusion that the ONLY play is to keep it under your hat. Never reveal it. Because if you do, you just wind up dead. That's why the work James Randi and his types do is POINTLESS. A true psychic would never approach him.
    Statistics would soon make it apparent if someone was psychic. The advantage would be enormous and would also have made itself known through evolution.

We think about a million things every day. When 2 of those come true we remember having thought about them but we are never reminded of the 999 998 that did not happen. This is plain and simple conformation bias in a new way.

I've had several dreams that later came to pass in reality, yes i read about dejavu stuff which i pretty much chalked it up to, since the sequences where very short about 5-10 seconds, until i had one that was about 1 minute where i played a game i had never played before but could accurately predict the level and where enemies were when i actually experienced it. For some odd reason the end of those dreams tend to come with the feeling of getting a heart-attack which also translates into the later reality although I don't feel anything beyond the fear unlike the dream..

So yes I do believe the human mind is capable of accessing something.. more, however I don't believe anyone that claim they have any direct control over it. Like making specific predictions about specific things they are asked or talking to ghosts or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    oh hell, you won't tell them to do anything beyond here.
    That ok, they are the only ones you can torment. One way or another, it's happening. You know... like the poll results here. Hold on to that 13% majority.